PDA

View Full Version : question about carrier o-rings for tom

Schnitzel
03-19-2003, 11:43 AM
i was comparing o-rings in my LX kit a few days ago, and came across something very interesting, but first i'll post this up from the LX tuning section:

"Tune the carrier to the bolt and O-ring
Each batch of o-rings is a little different than the last..."

well it turns out that in my kit, the 3 supplied o-rings are slightly different from each other. when stacked, they make a shape like this:

_
__
___

so i guess this means that i can tune my LX kit according not only to the carrier size, but to the o-ring size as well?

Tunaman
03-19-2003, 03:37 PM
those orings should all be the same size...or very close. You couldnt possibly see the difference with the naked eye...;)

JEDI
03-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Schnitzel

so i guess this means that i can tune my LX kit according not only to the carrier size, but to the o-ring size as well?
No, The point of the different size carriers is because Tom knew no o-ring was perfect, so he could't just supply one o-ring, and one carrier. You try to stick with one O-ring and fit the best carrier to it, until the gun works. The only time you wanna swap The O-ring, is when you cant find a good combo of O-ring/carrier. Try the same carrier with a different ring, get it? I had one O-ring that would leak in a 1.5 carrier, and the bolt would stick with a 1 carrier. So I ditched the ring, and found a different one.