PDA

View Full Version : Dallas AO Meet Music Vid

Clare
03-19-2003, 11:58 AM
The 2nd TX AO music video! I didn't videotape anything on the field so I had limited footage to work with. I'm not a video editing expert so don't expect something spectacular.. :D

VIDEO (http://www.automags.org/~Capo/Dallas%20TX%20AO%20Meet.wmv)
Right click then Save As

if you all have any problems downloading it please let me know..it seems that some people are able to view it while others are having some difficulties.

UTLadiesMan
03-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Don't worry people... it's cool. :)

Creative Mayhem
03-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
I'm not a video editing expert so don't expect something spectacular.. :D

MMM okay... if you say so. I thought it was great. Can't wait to see myself in one of you videos. :D Great Job!!

I need to find the first one again, i can't seem to remember what the thread was called. lol

CM

Clare
03-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Thanks! :)

I need to find the first one again, i can't seem to remember what the thread was called. lol

The video was taken down from its original spot but I will be putting it back up. If you like, I can link to it from here..

Skoad
03-19-2003, 12:43 PM
i think mines broken ;(

there is no actual video, its just like pictures on the screen for a few seconds then it flips to another

it'll start on a picture and have video for like a millisecond then it just freezes and shows a still shot until the next

UTLadiesMan
03-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
i think mines broken ;(

there is no actual video, its just like pictures on the screen for a few seconds then it flips to another

it'll start on a picture and have video for like a millisecond then it just freezes and shows a still shot until the next

What speed is your computer? Since you are actually getting the picture stream, I would assume your codecs are up to date. Also, are you playing this in Windows Media player or Real Player?

Try not to post your sig multiple times in the same thread.

Gunga

UTLadiesMan
03-19-2003, 12:51 PM
Also... are you playing it from source, or are you saving it locally first?

TheBigRaguPB4L
03-19-2003, 01:07 PM
Looked great to me. Seems like it was a really good time. Hope everone enjoyed themselves. Good job.

TXStorm
03-19-2003, 01:11 PM
Works for me. Wow Clare, very nice job! That was a spectacular video! Yeah, I'm in some of that footage *buffs hand on chest*:D Ok I'm leaving to go watch it again...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Clare that video stinks.....I'm not in it....;)

lol, just kidding, I thought it was great even tho i wasn't in it. What do you use to edit the video, and add the music??

UTLadiesMan
03-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
Clare that video stinks.....I'm not in it....;)

lol, just kidding, I thought it was great even tho i wasn't in it. What do you use to edit the video, and add the music??

How'd you get yours to work?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-19-2003, 01:23 PM
upgraded to windows media player series 9 for windows xp

the in program updater sucks, you have to search microsoft.com

ben_JD
03-19-2003, 01:26 PM
Clare,

Excellent job on the video! It looks great; probably even a little better than it could have looked since Coffey[Nitro] is not in it. :)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-19-2003, 01:29 PM
lol...im not in one of the pictures...but i just found myself in the background of the video :o i feel special

Clare
03-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Coffey, I didn't purposely leave you out! I didn't film any of the field footage and I didn't see you in the selection of pictures that I got from rbreding and others. If you come to the Austin AO Meet, I promise I'll be sure to get some great video of you. :)

Rmarks
03-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Nicely done Capo.

I was hoping to see somebody bunker the guy in the snake because you were focused on him for awhile :)

Gunga
03-19-2003, 02:20 PM
The video is great! :) The only thing missing is footage of Clare bunkering some poor sap! :D

Talon2000
03-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Sweet Video.. What program are you using.. I really like the b/w with the grain effect..

Awesome!!

Remington
03-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Was that oldsoldier in the back right can(left can when viewing the video) dumping paint with his Xmag? I'm surprised he was there, being from Massachusetts and all. ;) Lucky him. :D

Skoad
03-19-2003, 03:23 PM
i got it to work.

nice job :)

ben_JD
03-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Remington
Was that oldsoldier in the back right can(left can when viewing the video) dumping paint with his Xmag? I'm surprised he was there, being from Massachusetts and all. ;) Lucky him. :D That was me in my fancy yellow AO jersey and my fancier black X-Mag. It really, really, really fires fast. I went through two cases and really did not even play that much (though people were always firing the marker).

dre1919
03-19-2003, 04:30 PM
Nice video Capo! It would have been nice to have the same turnout, and video, for the MO AO day we had here recently. Oh, well, maybe next time. :)

bora bora
03-19-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm just downloading it now. Either I have a slow connection or I'm doing something wrong. Still, look forward to watching it in the next couple of days once it's arrived.

Oh, it's just got to 32%, things are looking up

RusskiX
03-19-2003, 06:20 PM
I have to agree...Excellent job on the editing & music! :D

Capo, I think billmi might have a job for you when you decide to finally hang up the jersey.
I especially liked the inserted stills near the beginning and the ending was nicely framed.

Hmmm...seemed like a lot of footage of Havoc and Capo and not enough TK. I guess you can only work with the footage they give you, huh? ;)

Mighty Mike
03-19-2003, 07:22 PM
WOW....That was good!! I too especially like the added still pictures in the beginning!! This is a great idea!! I'm going out right now to buy some video editing software so I can do this on our AO Day in the Bay Area. Great Job Ms.CaPoEiRa!!!

Thank You SBC for DSL!!

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Very nice Clare! I like the song choice too.
I'll keep that on my hard drive.

logamus
03-19-2003, 07:39 PM
outstanding work!!! hats off to the AO film crew!

thank you charter communications for providing me with cable internet!

Sir Chopsalot
03-19-2003, 07:56 PM
arrrrg mine didnt work, the movie was all wierd colors and the music was uber slow now sure if it was supposed to be like that or not. any advice?

logamus
03-19-2003, 08:14 PM
i suggest dl the 9 series from microsoft. mine didnt work but once i dl that, it works like a champ.

Scooter/Cootie
03-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Worked beautifully for me.

Great job on the video Capo! :cool:

I really wish I could have made it. :( I'll definately have to plan to attend next year.

Converted2Mags
03-19-2003, 09:52 PM
that was great capo... i gotta get me some of that video editing stuff and go play a day with my dad taping... that looked awesome... you inspire me in playing and movie making... NICE

Talon2000
03-19-2003, 10:41 PM
I know what you mean, It seems everyone was in awe of the X-mags. I'm still tweaking on the trigger a bit on mine, but it's Wicked Angry Fast..

It was great meeting you out there, wish I could have stayed longer, and could have played that day..

Originally posted by ben_JD
That was me in my fancy yellow AO jersey and my fancier black X-Mag. It really, really, really fires fast. I went through two cases and really did not even play that much (though people were always firing the marker).

Sir Chopsalot
03-19-2003, 10:46 PM
i just downloaded wmp series 9 and it says i cant install it because i dont have windows 98 second edition and whatnot. anyone else have suggestions so i can watch this here video

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 11:00 PM
Nope, get windows XP.

TXStorm
03-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Sir Chopsalot: What OS are you running? The link posted was for Win98 and ME.

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 11:29 PM
WinME was a joke...........

Mighty Mike
03-19-2003, 11:29 PM
Amen on Windows XP. Once I upgraded to XP, all my puter problems went away. If you're still using Win98 and can't upgrade to XP because of compatibility issues, then defintely look at Win Me or Win 2000. Win 98 has too many problems.

Army
03-20-2003, 02:12 AM
(I have WinME, no problems at all)

Wow! Way cool Clare:) I save very few vids out of the hundreds that I go through every week, but this one goes in the file!

pbzmag
03-20-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike
Amen on Windows XP. Once I upgraded to XP, all my puter problems went away. If you're still using Win98 and can't upgrade to XP because of compatibility issues, then defintely look at Win Me or Win 2000. Win 98 has too many problems.

Not really. It mostly depends on the hardware. I have an Athlon XP 1800+ system with Win98SE. I put it together and only had 98SE. I'll be upgrading to WinXP within a year. I'm still saving up for an xmag and XP.

Back to the topic, great video Capo. Even though I hate Metallica, it went great with it. Maybe try it with Fight Song by Marilyn Mason and do a poll to see which people prefer.

Havoc_online
03-20-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by pbzmag

Back to the topic, great video Capo. Even though I hate Metallica, it went great with it. Maybe try it with Fight Song by Marilyn Mason and do a poll to see which people prefer.

LOL, NOT going to happen. It takes too much work to do each vid, doing so all over again just for a poll would'nt be worth it.

pbzmag
03-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
LOL, NOT going to happen. It takes too much work to do each vid, doing so all over again just for a poll would'nt be worth it.

ehh, It was thought! :)

pbcustom98
03-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Good job Capo, and all the others who helped with it. It was very well made and the song choice was great!

Daniel

postitnote
03-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Capo - great job compiling our footage and pictures to make an awesome video! I was a bit leary as our footage wasn't too spectacular but you made it to be outstanding. :)

After taping two AO meets, I think I'm learning what most people like - close-up shots of themselves and everyone in the video and/or pictures! All of you pay close attention for when the next AO*TX day is and I'll be there taping all of you, and I promise to get you all! Just come find me to make sure I get you!

Again, awesome job!

logamus
03-20-2003, 03:34 PM
for the love of all things holy, please tape coffee next time. :p

UTLadiesMan
03-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by postitnote
Capo - great job compiling our footage and pictures to make an awesome video! I was a bit leary as our footage wasn't too spectacular but you made it to be outstanding. :)

After taping two AO meets, I think I'm learning what most people like - close-up shots of themselves and everyone in the video and/or pictures! All of you pay close attention for when the next AO*TX day is and I'll be there taping all of you, and I promise to get you all! Just come find me to make sure I get you!

Again, awesome job!

No no no... everyone wants shots of themselves ONLY. A 5 minute video with 10 seconds of each player just isn't gonna cut it. We want a 5 minute video with each individual's highlights. Thanks. :)

datapimp69
03-20-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by pbzmag

I'll be upgrading to WinXP within a year. I'm still saving up for an xmag and XP.

who pays for operating systems ?????????

UTLadiesMan
03-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by datapimp69

who pays for operating systems ?????????

I do. ($5 at the campus computer store. :D )

WARPED1
03-20-2003, 04:38 PM
I got Windows XP pro free from a friend in Washington who works at Microsoft, also got Office XP pro too.

PsychoBaller
03-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Almost cooler than my Girls Gone Wild collection...... errrr I mean... yah......

Anyways.... I'm so looking forward to AO-NJ Day 3..... whoooot....
Wish I coulda been there anyways, gots to love being in Jersey though.

~da baller

Ultimator
03-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Best computer paintball video I have seen as of yet.

Clare
03-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks a lot, guys :)

the next video will definitely be better

alkafluence
03-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Sir Chopsalot
i just downloaded wmp series 9 and it says i cant install it because i dont have windows 98 second edition and whatnot. anyone else have suggestions so i can watch this here video

Sir Chopsalot,

This link will tell you how to fix your problems for Win98 (original).

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=702400#post702400

WARPED1
03-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Set the next video to Green day-Welcome to Paradise, or House of Pain-Jump Around.:D

ReTro Boy
03-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Awesome!!! Great work CaPoEiRa!! My favorite part was me...:p

InfinatyBPS
03-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike
WOW....That was good!! I too especially like the added still pictures in the beginning!! This is a great idea!! I'm going out right now to buy some video editing software so I can do this on our AO Day in the Bay Area. Great Job Ms.CaPoEiRa!!!

Thank You SBC for DSL!!

NOOOO!!!! Now everyone will see how much I realy suck;) :p I'm jp, sounds like a good idea, and nice job capo.

InfinatyBPS
03-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online

Lol, they could just turn down the media player sound and play the fight song in a different program :)

joker4hire
03-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know what video editing software was used?

WARPED1
03-22-2003, 04:38 PM
I bet Capo knows!LOL:p .

Clare
03-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Oops, just saw that a couple people have asked what program I used! I used a little of premiere and movie maker.

pbcustom98
03-22-2003, 08:38 PM
My friend edits alot of videos and stuff...he uses Vegas 4.0 and he says its amazing. I cant use it though. :mad:

Daniel

willy-t
03-22-2003, 11:52 PM
coffe[nitro] im with ya, i was looking forward to myself with me being in the video and there i am taking a breather in the background:( :D
well i was in a few pics so i am not complainin

p.s.
very good video capo

Klay01
03-23-2003, 01:52 AM
i liked it, just wished they got me of when i was "owning" instead of turning my gun upside down and looking .. ugh bah :)

SaS
03-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Props Capo... NICE job!!
now if only i actually knew who some of the people in the vid were. I might just have to make a trip to a AO day one of these... days.

03-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Very cool...I enjoyed it.:D

Clare
03-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Thank you! :)

del
03-27-2003, 01:27 AM
great job clare:D ... i was wondering though in the video is that the new bodies for mags? finally when we have our ao meet here in southern cal are you goin to be there in make another video.:D (doesnt hurt to ask, right)

Clare
03-28-2003, 12:10 AM
the body in the video is actually made by an AO member, nicad.

finally when we have our ao meet here in southern cal are you goin to be there in make another video.

Well, I'm sure one of the so cal AO'ers could whip up a video! Wish I could be there, though :)