PDA

View Full Version : PTP Micro problem

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 01:19 PM
Help. I can't seem to loosen the 90* fitting on the vert air on my Micro. Is it permanent?
I can't unscrew the bottom either:(.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-19-2003, 01:31 PM
who ever had that before you screwed those fittings in really right...I usualy throw some teflon on it and screw it in a little more than half way and it works fine.

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 01:46 PM
I think she used teflon, I got the 90* off the valve ok. Anything dissolve teflon tape to make it easier? I tried heating it to no avail.

ezrunner
03-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Well, take the fitting out of your asa and use 2 wrenches and a lot of elbow greese.

That looks like red loctite.

-rob

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 03:50 PM
I think it was loctite, but I got it damnit!:p

SlartyBartFast
03-19-2003, 04:08 PM
From the bottom picture looks like RED loctite. Shouldn't use that unless your looking for trouble. You're actually supposed to heat that to loosen it before removal.

Glad you got it off though.

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 04:11 PM
I did heat it up. The girl who owned it before me musta used locktite...........

ezrunner
03-19-2003, 04:13 PM
good deal :)

Hey, check out the 32 degrees or kapp gass thru's for those.

Pick a shorter one so it won't interfere with your tank mounting, but get one so you have more to hold onto up front.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-gas-systems-fore-grips.html

-rob

FutureMagOwner
03-19-2003, 04:14 PM
on a similar note im trying to remove the guage off my maxflow which is also locktited in(my dad and i can work together to get red fitings out i can do blue on my own) however because the damn fitting is made of brass when i tried to undo it with a wrench(dont really need 2 for this because you can get leverage from the accual body and it would scratch the paint) and the wrench kinda stripped the hex shape it was so now its sorta round the only other way i could think of getting it off is dremel the thing to pieces but that doesnt seem very intelligent

ezrunner
03-19-2003, 04:19 PM
You should try a strap wrench or a "Monkey" (pipe) wrench that will bite into the gauge since it's toast now anyway.

Be careful of the surface of the tank. That is something called Annodization. Anno is an expensive process that actually reacts with the surface of the metal to create a super strong coating. It is very expensive to fix and scratching it is bad karma :)

-rob

FutureMagOwner
03-19-2003, 04:36 PM
lol yes i know what annodization is smarty pants ;)

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 04:42 PM
On a brighter note, I got my Bea Smart Parts girl barrel condom! Now my Angel is in heaven again! Now it can shoot farther than those cockers can(/end sarcasm)!

ezrunner
03-19-2003, 04:43 PM
I was trying to be nice....

that was the 4th time today I head anno called paint. I couldn't take it ANYMORE!!!!
\

:)

-lol

-rob

FutureMagOwner
03-19-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by ezrunner
I was trying to be nice....

that was the 4th time today I head anno called paint. I couldn't take it ANYMORE!!!!
\

:)

-lol

-rob

well im a lazy man and at the time paint was easier to type than annodization applicated upon my max flow in a bluish hue that i did not wish to scratch creating bands of metallic grey

rehme
03-19-2003, 08:23 PM
get one of those rubber gripper things to grap the gauge and twist it should work

FutureMagOwner
03-19-2003, 08:48 PM
well i asked my dad for some help and he went pyscho on it and smashed the gauge with a hammer and then took a drill and drilled the center of it out and then smashed the gauge again "for good luck"

*ArKfEaR*
03-19-2003, 08:52 PM
LOL... see all that red stuff in your fittings thats what we call loctite which means you will need to get:

Monkey Wrench
One of thos rubber pads for taking off soda caps
and a extra rag

heat up some water, stick in the side (take off fittings plus less weight for easier maneuverability)

take out, stick on rubber pad around area (so no scratches) and the rag over that (extra protection) get friend to hold gun. Clamp on, lefty loosy righty tight and tadah! presto chango fittings offo.