PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Paintball (Canada) has horrible customer service

PigSweat
03-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, some of you know the story behind my Impulse and some do not. Now ALL will know. Here's the timeline:

Mid-December: I shipped Badlands the following:
-Impulse, Vert-reg
-Evil Bolt, Respirator
-Eclipse Hammer and Magno Trigger
-DYE Panel Grips
-Planet Eclipse D/F
-Evo II
Was having some problems with the loader and getting the gun set up, so I sent it to them. I also included a note explaining what was going on, and asking them to ship it back to me insured when the work was done.

Jan 2: I get confirmation from BL that the gun has shipped, Greyhound.

Mid-Jan: Still no gun, getting kind of worried as 2 weeks from Vancouver via Greyhound is pushing it. But I figure, "hey, crap happens, and it'll be insured"

Jan 22: I find out the gun is lost, gone without a trace (aka probably stolen), but am relieved by the thought that the gun was insured. I find out that it was only insured for $100. Apparently BL did not want to pay the extra money for inusrance!

So I get on the phone with Sean (BL Vancouver manager), and he agrees to replace my gun (after much deliberation). This takes a long time to convince Sean to do, and there are many token offerings of "used" or "store model" guns.

I get jerked around for over a month ("yeah, we had to wait for more Impulses" etc. etc. etc.). Finally last week I was told that it would ship Monday or Tuesday, woohoo, gun for me for the weekend!

Or not.

It didn't get shipped untill Friday, and thus didn't get here untill today (March 18). So again I think to myself "finally! It's all here!"

Yeah right.

Apparently they have problems reading english. Despite the fact they had a typewritten list:
-Magnetic Blade Trigger
-Evil Respirator
-Evil Bolt
-Eclipse SS Hammer
-Clear DYE panels
-Vertical Regulator
-Planet Eclipse drop forward
-Evolution 2

They still screwed it up! I got my gun with the following:
1) No Evolution 2!
2) No DYE Panels!
3) None of the stock parts they took off when the installed the upgrades!
4) The wrong D/F (Shocktech instead of Planet Eclipse)!
5) No manuals, warranty cards, etc.!
6) No barrel!

If I hadn't bought a Pipe, how the **** would I have played? Ditto if I hadn't already bought another Evo 2!

This will be resolved, but there will not be a chance for it to happen again.

Quiet
03-19-2003, 04:32 PM
That sucks dude. Usually when I deal with them it's in person not throught mail/phone etc. and it's the Toronto store. I haven't heard of them trying to screw with customers but they can be pretty lazy at times. Oh, and If you don't have a cocker or angel their Care-O-Meter seems to take a dive, last time I ordered some AGD products through them it took close to two months.

mykroft
03-19-2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah, Dealing with Mitch or Brad tends to be better (Although SP can be pretty slow with service)

squidboy69
03-23-2003, 07:19 PM
I stopped going to Badlands (Toronto) for like 4 years after I had a few run ins with Sean when he worked there. They seem ok there now, though I still don't trust Sean.

Creative Mayhem
03-24-2003, 04:46 PM
I've never had any probs with the Toronto store. I enjoy going in there, except for the drive.. 45 mins Actually the only incident was when my friend went to buy a Spyder Shutter, he was all ready to buy the shutter, cash in hand, when this kid started throwing all kinds of info at him about the high priced markers and that the shutter was a POS. Needless to say, they lost a sale. Stupid, yes. Bad? no.

CM