PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to run Compressed Air?

brainfrozen1219
03-19-2003, 04:08 PM
what do I need to run compressed air in my Automag Classic and what exactly do I need to refill from my scuba tanks? (scuba diving is my other hobby)

hitech
03-19-2003, 04:37 PM
All you NEED is a screw in HPA tank ($100 and up). If you want to fill from a scuba tank you need a scuba fill adapter ($40). if you only fill the paintball tank a few times you can get fairly full fills (near 3000 psi) from one scuba tank (esp if they fill the scuba tank to 3100-3200 psi). To do more than a few full fills you need two scuba tanks with fill adapters. You fill off one tank and top off from the other.

Hope that helps.

Dayspring
03-19-2003, 04:38 PM
To run air on the classic- get a tank. I'm assuming that you have a screw in for CO2 now, so all you really need is a screw in Nitro Tank. A drop forward will move the center of gravity on the gun forward somewhat and make it more balanced. Otherwise, you're good to go. (If you want to REALLY get into it, there are adjustable ones that require more hardware to mount, but work just as well, if not better than the "screw and go" variety.)

As for the Scuba tank- you can pick up a filler setup at a few of the online stores. It'll most likely be in their Compressed Air/HPA Accessories. It goes on the output nozzle and has a gauge or two on it.

One thing to consider- the older the Mag, the better the chance that you may need a new reg piston that's set for HPA. No real way to know that until you try to run the tank on the gun though.

xen_100
03-19-2003, 05:44 PM
I think that was a myth to sell more reg pistons. co2 can spike to ALOT higher pressures that most HPA tanks will.

co2 at about 70 degree F will have about 850PSI coming out of the tank. most HPA tanks are less than that.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/xen_100/co2pv.gif