PDA

View Full Version : WARP users please vote on a new drop!

datapimp69
03-19-2003, 04:40 PM
i have had many requests to make my drop with a warp bracket built in.

i am indending to do this after the dovetail ver is done.

but.....

how do you guys like it, as i see there are 4 ways to make it. i hope i explain this well.

1. the warp bracket stays on the gun.
2. the warp bracket leaves with the drop and tank.
3. option 1 or 2, with the warp bracket stright out from the gun like the ptp bracket.
4. option 1 or 2, with the warp bracket at an angle like the AGD bracket.

thats what i was thinking please let me know what you think and if you would buy one if i made them.

synreal
03-19-2003, 04:52 PM
i'd vote for the bracket staying with the marker so you don't have to wrestle your warp hose on and off all of the time.

Muzikman
03-19-2003, 05:39 PM
I vote for coming off with the tank as that is how I currently have my NW QD setup on my RT, Emag, and Typhocker. It's nice in that I can use the same tank and warp for all three guns with a quick pull of a pin. I also think you need to make a bracket that is like the AGD, but more adjustable.

BTW, I am still waiting for the Emag battery relocator;)

Hexis
03-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Not that I'm a warp user, but if the warp stays with the gun, what's need for a new product? The current bracket can accomplish that.

jayloo
03-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
I vote for coming off with the tank as that is how I currently have my NW QD setup on my RT, Emag, and Typhocker. It's nice in that I can use the same tank and warp for all three guns with a quick pull of a pin. I also think you need to make a bracket that is like the AGD, but more adjustable.

I agree make it so the bracket goes with the drop. I have the AO drop and it sucks that I can't easily disasemble my setup like I could with the NW qd.

Strider
03-20-2003, 01:10 PM
Yup, warp bracket should go with the drop, otherwise the existing one will work...

What would be ubercool would be if the whole system were modular. IE - The warp bracket is part of the AO Drop, but dosen't have to be attached. That way you can store all three parts seperatly, and have the choice of going warp on or not with the tank.

Not sure if that paragraph made sense... :)

Hexis
03-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Strider that does sound cool. A modular setup. Maybe have the warp and tank parts lock together on the marker when you are playing, then have it come apart in three peices when you take it apart.

Strider
03-20-2003, 07:26 PM
AND just to make it more complex for our poor Datapimp, make it so the drop still functions without the warp bracket installed. :cool: For the days you just don't want to warp around. :D

hawpunch
03-20-2003, 07:27 PM
actually, what i want more than a drop is a foldable version of the bracket that agd packages for the warp. i travel a lot, and i'm tired of taking apart my drop in order to remove the bracket. if someone could create a foldable bracket that folds up close and parallel to the grip that would be great.

aloha,

jae park

dyerules
03-20-2003, 08:24 PM
It should be extra adjustable for the z-grip. Right now i can't get my warp to sit far enough back.

Jerhew
03-21-2003, 01:59 AM
so what you're saying is you can't currently take the warp off with the tank with the nw?
i've never used one but im looking to get one
but if my warp stays on
whats the point
i can't put the gun into a normal guncase...
i might as well leave the tank on the gun too

Potatoboy
03-21-2003, 02:10 AM
You can take it off with a normal NW disconnect.

You can't with datapimp's new drop because the bottom half of the disconnect *is* the dropforward for the tank, so it has to be on the top. He's looking for this input for the next batch.

Jerhew
03-21-2003, 02:19 AM
oh ok loud and clear
ya i was confused for a sec...

big E kingpin
03-21-2003, 10:28 AM
i love your drops, and as soon as you come up with one that allows me to attach my warp bracket to it, i will order 5 of them. cant wait.

AO's soon to be sailer, big E

digitard
03-21-2003, 02:10 PM
I like the bracket being part of the drop ...

The warp hose removal is no biggie, loosen the screw for th etube on the warp itself and just remove.

I already have his standard drop and I love it, and being able to just quick disconnect the warp with the tank would be NICE!

Sincerely,
Dave k

Jerhew
03-21-2003, 05:59 PM
just put some screw holes in the bottom half of the drop directly under where they would normally be... you can then attach your original warp bracket on the very bottom
just include some screws just long enough to attach the warp without bottoming out...

so you can use the drop whether you have a warp or not...

you might have to make the drop go down a little further for tank clearance...
but other than that...
seems like the perfect solution to me

thecavemankevin
03-21-2003, 06:15 PM
you should make the bracket like the one below... There are some benafits to this.
1: If you have a stubby tank, you warp wont have to sit out real far creating a fat/wide gun.
2: It creates a rather short feed tube thuse less bending in the hose=less ball friction=faster feed times. Not to mention no need to alter your hopper in order to get a tight fit.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=307875

more pics of this set up at:
|The Club (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35391&highlight=caveman+debuts+the+club)

thecavemankevin
03-21-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Jerhew
just put some screw holes in the bottom half of the drop directly under where they would normally be... you can then attach your original warp bracket on the very bottom
just include some screws just long enough to attach the warp without bottoming out...

so you can use the drop whether you have a warp or not...

the reason he cant do that (or it will mess up his current design is because of the screw

http://www.sluggobodies.com/from_james/total.jpg