PDA

View Full Version : E-mag: Two Thumbs Up!

darklord
03-19-2003, 05:29 PM
Okay, I got my e-mag used a few months ago. Came basically bone stock, with the exception of the LX and barrel. Anyway I really wasn't satisfied with it, and was thinking of getting a timmy or possibly a matrix. So finally I get a TL63 trigger, and my gun doesn't work. "That's okay", I thought, and I sent it to BlackVCG for repairs (thanks Steve), and got it back. Again I was not too impressed with the performance. So one day I'm sitting, staring at it, and I thought "why not try to make the trigger as short as possible?" So I'm fiddling with the set screw on the TL63, and finally manage to get it at the shortest possible point.

At that point, all I could say was, "WOW!" My e-mag now rips just as good as any matrix. My friends simply could NOT believe how easy the gun rips. I used it in a tourney yesterday and had no problems getting the gun singing, my friend with an imp even said it sounded like old school full-auto. The only thing I want now is a vertfeed body, *cough*ULE*cough* :D and possibly an x-valve, and I'm all set. The only things I think the gun is lacking is possibly efficiency, weight, and the handicap of the powerfeed as opposed to vertfeed. I am using it again for the NEPL (new england tournament) this coming sunday. Now I know why some e-maggers won't go to other guns. This is an amazing piece of work, that, with some tuning, can outcompete pretty much any other high end gun. Thank you, Tom, and very special thanks to BlackVCG. I can't wait to use it again!

Here's a pic of the gun:

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=657911

joeyjoe367
03-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Naaaiiice :)

Glad to hear you've kissed and made up with your e-mag :) Hopefully I'll own one someday.

I'm waiting on the ULE's too.

*COUGH* RELEASE THEM! *COUGH* *COUGH*SCREAM AT THE*COUGH* ANNO COMPANIES TO HURRY *COUGH**COUGH**COUGH**COUGH*!

Whew... maybe I'm commin' down with that South-asian stuff ;)

darklord
03-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
Naaaiiice :)

Glad to hear you've kissed and made up with your e-mag :) Yeah we had a brief fight, she came back to me though, by agreeing to my terms: severe ownage. :D

digitalcave
03-19-2003, 11:11 PM
sweet EMAG mines coming in the mail tomorrow!!!
im just curious, but how much do those triggers run for, and how long did you have to wait for the trigger to arrive? Also im thinking about putting a drop similar to your shocktech and a macroline setup too. do you like the macroline? does it ever blowout? thanx

darklord
03-20-2003, 11:33 AM
They're like $25 as I recall, I did it paypal so it took Tim like 3 days to ship it. The macroline is great. I haven't had any problems with it, although it's been getting a little scratched, in which case I just added electrical tape on the outside.

digitalcave
03-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the information about the macro and trigger

BlackVCG
03-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Glad to hear it's doing well for you. Triggers are the one thing that everyone likes to be different and I can't figure out how people want them, so I set it conservative and let them go from there. Just make sure that you have it at a setting so that it's reliable and fires on every pull. The best trigger setup is to have it so it fires just before the very end of the stroke. This makes it so that when you really start hammering on the trigger, you don't miss a shot because you didn't let it forward far enough to reset the HES sensor.