PDA

View Full Version : X-mag

Featherlite 80
03-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Whats the deal on the x-mag. I was thinking about getting a new gun, and I really wasn't thinking about an x-mag at all until I saw a really sweet pic of one on PBN. It appears that a few people have them, although they seem pretty rare. If there is one place to find one of these x-mag owners its on this board, so I decided to post this. Normally I would never go itto a specific forum to get an oppinion on that gun, because the owners all hype it up. There are two types of gun owners I know that don't hype their guns: Mag owners and E-cocker owners. I know next to nothing about mags, but my teammate had a mag, and I played a game or two with it when I had my cocker, and I liked it.

Here are my questions:
1. What is the X-valve, how is it different from an RT valve or e-mag valve. Is it still capeable of 26bps? Whats it made of?

2. Are the x-mags heavy like the regular e-mag, I asume they would be really light, seeing as they are now alluminum. is it lighter than a really light cocker Like the twister I will probably be getting soon?

3. I saw a prototype e-mag that had finger grooves on the battery pack, I dont think they are standard on the x-mag, but I really like them, would AGD be able to do them for me, do they do custom stuff like that?

4. Do they have the same warrenty they used to, with the star program? How many stars are on the X-mag.

How will an X-mag stack up against:

03 angel LCD
03 angel Ir3
Trauma Trix (free flow)
nice impulse, such as an AI

Thanks
-pete

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 05:42 PM
Welcome to AO :)

1) An Xvalve is just an RT valve, but made from alluminum and it comes standard with the LX bolt.
2) I dont know personally but they are ULE frames and im assuming they are light, but I doubt this is a catorgorey they excel in (DONT FLAME! I dont really know! Except that my mechanical mag is 500 pounds :))
3) I dont think so, but they would be happy to tell you if you called them
4) The star system is still in effect

I think the xmag is better than all of those IMO, but to be honest ive never even seen one in person, but just on a mag's reliablilty and all of its features in general, I think its better. You will probably be told by others who have shot those guns that it is personal preference however.

Evil Bob
03-19-2003, 05:44 PM
1. Same valve design, constructed from Aluminium instead of stainless steel, 3 ounces lighter in the valve alone.

2. The Xmag CnC is lighter then even the IR3 Fly. Its something you have to see for yourself to appreciate.

3. Nope, that wasn't standard. AGD isn't into doing custom work, they don't have the time for it. There are quite a few willing and able bodies here on AO that would be more then happy to mill your equipment for the right price.

4. Yep, same warranty program, that hasn't changed.

It's the fastest marker out there, one of the lightest, can be fired with the electronics off, level 10 bolt, I can't say enough nice things about it. I definitely prefer it over any other marker out today.

-Evil Bob

yeahthatsme
03-19-2003, 05:47 PM
1. its the same thing except its aluminum, besides that its all the same.

2.the xmags are lighter then a fly angel, if you go to www.airgun.com there are more stats on the xmag.

3.agd doesnt do custom orders, but there are many machinests(sp?) that can do it, or you could get colored resin battery packs with rubber grips on them from the grip gurl (aka the_fryermarker on AO)

4. im not sure on the warranty, but i'm sure its the same, i believe the xvalve has 2 stars like the retro valve.

as to the guns you listed:

prolly lighter then all of them, can shoot up to 24 bps(depending on your software version) with no shootdown(the valve has been tested pass that)
and it can be switched to manual mode if the battery dies or if your electronics die for some reason. and when its in manual it has the reactive trigger like the retro valve..

also, you can set it to hybrid and have an e-trigger pull and the response of manual, cool stuph.

magman007
03-19-2003, 05:52 PM
actually, they will be standard at a latter date(the finger groves) agd hasnt had time to do them with out backing up production even more so.....

RamboPreacher
03-19-2003, 06:05 PM
interesting. My Xmag is limitd to 20 bps inteh software, did I miss something? Where are these other numbers comming from?

Featherlite 80
03-19-2003, 06:07 PM
do you think people could post some pics of their x-mags, or nice looking x-mags

RamboPreacher
03-19-2003, 06:28 PM
There are alot of threads with xmag pics, but here are a couple of mine:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=613331
http://www.midsouthpaintball.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=32633

thecavemankevin
03-19-2003, 06:42 PM
Josh of Paintball 2X magazine said that he has never even turned on the anti chop eye system in his because of no need to (LX).

Anyone happen to have a pic of a C&C x-mag and a regular X-mag?

manike
03-19-2003, 06:44 PM
My that's a good looking gun Brent :)

I love the way the stock and everything matches up also...

Got any pics of it altogether with warp and tank?

I believe all X-mags are set to go to 20bps with the ACE on unless you have an SFL or special software. Mine goes to 20bps.

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 06:46 PM
I LOVE SPAM(the luncheon meat kind)!I'M COMING OVER FOR DINNER!

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Here is cphillips xmag at the factory :) ( I saved it cause I liked the black so much)

darklord
03-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Hey, Pete, you going to Cape Cod this sunday? What division? The "NEPL" in your sig caught my eye :) My team's doing rookie, we're playing in the 2nd leg of the sommerville series too.

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 06:48 PM
Here is a pewter one

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 06:48 PM
Blue Black

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Are these the finger grips you are talking about?

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 06:50 PM
This towers over all of them though

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 06:50 PM
annnnnnd another black one :) thats all I have on my comp

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 06:54 PM
One I saved from RobAGD's post awhile ago.

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 06:56 PM
I saved a few.

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Yet another.........

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 06:57 PM
One more(for now).

Reo5th
03-19-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
This towers over all of them though

What a comedian! :p

Featherlite 80
03-19-2003, 08:05 PM
darklord, yes I will be at the cape. I am doing rookie too. Good luck.

Falconguy016, no those aren't the ones I was thinking of but its a start. The x-mags are looking better and better. I couldn't tell the milling was that cool looking, until now.

I noticed that brents is different than all the others, it has the hump on the back of the frane. I really like that feature, and I am wondering how I can get that kind of frame. if I could take one now, I'd get green, or black to green fade, with a freak kit, HALO, warp feed, and a Cash money angel air. What input pressure is recomended, I want to know if I can use a cashmoney angel air. Thanks alot guys. I did do a search for pics by the way, but I didn't see any, and there were way too many pages.

manike
03-19-2003, 08:09 PM
Yes you can run them on an AIR. I've been running mine on an AIR very happily.

You may need to order one specially to get the 'humped' frame.

Featherlite 80
03-19-2003, 08:12 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm, green, humped frame, finger grooves, cash money air this is looking more and more like a good idea. Too bad my little "project" keeps getting more and more expensive

Bucky
03-19-2003, 09:47 PM

oh man, sooooooo nice.

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Featherlite 80
mmmmmmmmmmm, green, humped frame, finger grooves, cash money air this is looking more and more like a good idea. Too bad my little "project" keeps getting more and more expensive

heh it gets up there real quick

I wish I had money to spend on paintball

Digits
03-19-2003, 10:11 PM

That is a bbbeeeeaaaautifuuul gun..

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 10:19 PM
I just realized something bad that will probably let you down if you didnt know it... im hoping you do, so much, cause I dont want to be the one to tell you (I would be peed off if I didnt know and someone told me)

Do you know how long the waiting list is?

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Do you know how long the waiting list is? [/B]
5 months?

RamboPreacher
03-19-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Featherlite 80
[clip]I noticed that brents is different than all the others, it has the hump on the back of the frane. I really like that feature, and I am wondering how I can get that kind of frame. [clip] Based on the thread information and from AGD's posts, mine was apparently an AGDE xmag, since it doesn't have the ULE gripframe. (If I had known there was a difference, when I bought it, I would have got this frame anyway.)

Manike - no WF yet, Tunaman and I have been working on a rather large order. He "keeps me supplied", in my new "habbit". prolly in the next week or so, I'll have the WF too (been using the CF module for playing around (evaluating) with it and chroneying etc....

BTAutoMag
03-19-2003, 11:18 PM
OMG I'm suprised no one has suggested it before

frymaker
she makes finger grooved from battery pack grips for emags
rambopreacher has an example of it in his 2nd pic

dont know her site off hand but i know someone on here does

WARPED1
03-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Frymark Design grips (http://frymarkdesign.com)