PDA

View Full Version : AGD Product Update

AGD
03-19-2003, 06:02 PM
AO,

I know you have all been waiting to find out what's going on with the new bodies so here is the update.

FIRST! Please do NOT call the office and ask for info on the bodies. We are getting 20 calls a day and its bogging things down trying to deal with them. The girls in the office get this identical info when you do because I email this post to them. They have no more information than you do.

The ULE bodies are finished machining but did not go out to the anodizer last week as planned. Instead we sent out several samples to be anoed to make sure they would come out right. The samples came back this week and look great.

Additionally we delayed getting the ULE bodies anodized because we were able to get the next batch of Xvalves ready for ano this week too. We figured it would be smart to send the bodies and the colored xvalves out in the same batch so everything would match as close as possible. So coming next week (lets hope) are colored ULE bodies and colored Xvalves. I have pictures of the colored bodies now but I will wait until we open for orders to post them. We are getting the following colors:
Black, red, blue, green, purple and pewter. NO prices yet.

The SLUG bodies are in the final operation now and will be here tomorrow or friday. We are still waiting on the hardened washers that are also supposed to be here this week too. The new bodies are GIANTS with the extension over the valve. I have attached a pic below. These should be available to buy next week since there is no further processing. Again NO prices yet but best case they could go on sale end of the week.

The last of the Xmags shipped today. We had a couple rejected for ano, someone will be disappointed.

The second batch of xmags is delayed because we found tolerance errors in the body and they have to be tweeked.

R&D is currently working on a no bounce on/off assembly to comply with NPPL rules.

I will try and answer questions here.

AGD

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/slug2a.jpg
http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/slug2b.jpg

hardr0ck68
03-19-2003, 06:06 PM
can we get pic's of the sample ULE's??

Fatjon
03-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Can we get pics of the sample ones that came back from the anno place

Xerces
03-19-2003, 06:11 PM
did you guys even read his post??

he said hes waiting untill they are ready for order.

thanks for the update tk, cant wait

theraidenproject
03-19-2003, 06:11 PM
any update on warp sluggos?

yeahthatsme
03-19-2003, 06:13 PM
what about the y-grips?
thanks for the update mr. kaye!!!

magman007
03-19-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the update tom.... IM thinkin pewter x-bvalve will look great in my sfl!

darklord
03-19-2003, 06:16 PM
Thank you for the update, Tom. I can't wait to see the ULE bodies in the store! :)

Russ
03-19-2003, 06:23 PM
I am very interested in buying a RAW ULE body :)

(or I'll just wait for a new slug)

thecavemankevin
03-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by AGD

I have attached a pic below. These should be available to buy next week since there is no further processing.

The last of the Xmags shipped today. We had a couple rejected for ano, someone will be disappointed.
AGD

Not to be a smart ars...but wheres the pic?

Also...just out of curiousity...what happens to the messed up X bodies ;)? Can they be re-annoed? If not...is there any reason to wait years to pull them out of the atic for a sale? Heck, put them up now...i know there will be plenty of people that wont mind a little flaw in the ano. ;):)

paintballbeaver
03-19-2003, 06:38 PM
wheres the pic of the slug bodys i'm below??

AGD
03-19-2003, 06:55 PM
OOPS!! I screwed up and forgot the pic. I have to go back to the office to post it later tonight.

AGD

AutomagRT1483
03-19-2003, 07:08 PM
That's quite alright Tom. Even the best of us screw up sometimes.;) I do all the time:(

rehme
03-19-2003, 07:10 PM
any info about no-rises?

magzown3
03-19-2003, 08:03 PM
OOO, I just cannot wait for the ULE's now, I am so excited.

omni
03-19-2003, 08:04 PM
ooooooooooooooooo!
I think I'm gonna pick up a Pewter ULE body. Think that would look cool on a black E-mag.

!!

ChucktheMAGician
03-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Russ
I am very interested in buying a RAW ULE body :)

Me too, that way I could get it annoed w/ my grip.

BTAutoMag
03-19-2003, 09:18 PM
way to go AGD. cant wait to get them out. how many side feed's are there?

nicad
03-19-2003, 09:47 PM
Tom-

autocad/solidworks 2D blueprint file for the Slug body specs, please??
we need to know what we have to carve on and what not.

thanks-
Colin

CMDane
03-19-2003, 10:15 PM
A little off-topic, but what's the status on the Y-grips? Also, where can we pre-order them and for how much? I'm in the market for 2 of them...

Thanks,
Charles

PB700
03-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Tom is it posable to get a unanodized teardrop body? Thanks

Jerhew
03-20-2003, 12:21 AM
also
just in case you read this thread again mr tk
how's it going on those ultralight mechancial triggers

...sorry i know you have a ton of stuff going on...
i have a one track mind :D

AGD
03-20-2003, 01:44 AM
Ok I put the pics up.

Yes you can get unanoed ULE bodies.
Some warp ULE bodies but I dont know how many.
Sorry no warp SLUGGOS.
Y-grips getting quoted.
Mechanical trigger research on hold right now.

AGD

omni
03-20-2003, 01:46 AM
Pictures look Great Tk :D
I'm looking forward to some new designs!

omni
03-20-2003, 01:52 AM
You said there was going to be no polished ULE's in the first batch right?

AGD
03-20-2003, 03:14 AM
Well they are not polished but they are kind of a glossy colored finish. You will like them.

AGD

J-LYTE
03-20-2003, 07:42 AM
AGD, I have 5 of the new sluggos on backorder through xtreme paintball in Mobile. I already have a supply of washers and retaining clips so feel free to send mine out early without them.

Strider
03-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Ok I put the pics up.Nice! I can't wait to see what people make out of those... :) Can we get a pic with one on an Emag?

On another unrelated topic, if an Emag Totin' Magger were to order an XValve, could we request EMaX engraving on the side?

Jerhew
03-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

i figured that
you guys and your xmags...holding up the progress for us poor, non-electro owners :D

well atleast the research is on hold and not just dead

mistwolf
03-20-2003, 12:36 PM
These look sweet, now I regret buying my boring black X-valve. :( TK, is it possible to get an existing X-valve annod at all?

Jamie

J-LYTE
03-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Tom,
sinking in the same boat with Nicad. Autocad file on the new slugs would be a great help. Wouldn't want to cut to deep.

Riotz
03-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Are you going to be providing raw x-valves so people can get it annon'd themselves?

Quiet
03-20-2003, 07:54 PM

djelectro
03-21-2003, 12:08 AM
have just one suggestion.many people looking for custom milling on this body so i think AGD should put on market un anodized ones also. soon i get mine(hope)will change most of the extra material so anodizing go bye bye.

AGD
03-21-2003, 12:17 AM
We can not do raw xvalves because of the laser engraving and safety issues.

Sorry,

AGD

djelectro
03-21-2003, 12:22 AM
i`m ok with the black x-valve .got one on order just sending my classic back

PB700
03-21-2003, 03:56 AM
Tom
How do I order a unanoed ule body I don't want to bother the girls in the office, also I want to get a xvalve at the same time to save on shipping

thanks Kev

ChucktheMAGician
03-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by djelectro
have just one suggestion.many people looking for custom milling on this body so i think AGD should put on market un anodized ones also. soon i get mine(hope)will change most of the extra material so anodizing go bye bye.
If you're talking about sluggos they do come un annoed. The teardrop ULE bodies are what he was sending to get annoed.

nuclear zombie
03-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Just use the first sluggo autocad file here :

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56834

The specs should be the same, except for the extra material extending over the back of the valve , that piece is decorative anyway so cut as much of it as you want . :)

PB700
03-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Ok I put the pics up.

Yes you can get unanoed ULE bodies.
Some warp ULE bodies but I dont know how many.
Sorry no warp SLUGGOS.
Y-grips getting quoted.

AGD
Chuck read this yes you can get unanoed ULE bodys

ChucktheMAGician
03-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by PB700

Chuck read this yes you can get unanoed ULE bodys
I never said that you couldn't get un-anoed ULE's.:rolleyes: I was trying to clarify that the sluggos weren't anoed for Djelectric.

AGD
03-21-2003, 06:14 PM
New SLUG print up in Tech Forum.

AGD

slug print thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73563)

Jaymz
03-23-2003, 01:59 AM
can we get a date on ULEs and the new Slugs? I want to get one and have an offer to sell my body (_mag_ body =D ) but I dont want to if I could potentially have to wait forever for a ULE/Sluggo. Also can sluggos be milled on a lathe or other _common_ garage tools? Not looking for like awsome buety here but just to look ok. and you said NO PRICES, how about an idea because if ULEs are going to be too expensive I might as well buy a warp body. Well if you can do answer any of this that would be totally awsome. Also Tom ive got this valve problem sense you created the mag and all you may be able to answer it but yea if you get time to look at it its just titles HELP! but i know your a busy guy. Anyway thanks Tom...wow now if I'd bought a cocker I wouldnt have been able to talk to Budd :D

AGD-OfficeGal
03-24-2003, 10:33 AM
If there's anything we can learn from Tom's post and what's happened since, it's that we *can't* give you dates. Every time we do, if anything goes wrong with a supplier, then the date can't be met, and JoAnn and I get flooded with calls asking if they are ready yet or wanting to order a part we can't sell yet.

Bottom line: We *will post* when new parts are actually ready to be sold. Until you read such a post, they can't be sold. Thanks for your understanding.

Marcia

Hexis
03-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Just go with the classic Software release date:

"When it's done."

lack of grace
03-24-2003, 02:53 PM
It would stink to not be able to obtain one when these are ready because they "Sold out to quick". IS AGD making plenty of each.

First pick - black
Second pick - pewter
Third pick - blue

;)

Jaymz
03-24-2003, 06:23 PM
just to clarify I meant like a possible release date, not a pre-order date. If thats still undoable oh well I guess.

DjGruv
03-25-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by lack of grace
It would stink to not be able to obtain one when these are ready because they "Sold out to quick". IS AGD making plenty of each.

First pick - black
Second pick - pewter
Third pick - blue

;)

Don't hold your breath. They never do.

Cristobal
03-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Just out of curiosity, what would be the safety issue with an un-annodized x-valve?

paintballbeaver
03-25-2003, 10:09 AM
the saftey issue with unanode x-valves is aluminum over time if not finished looses strenght and will oxidize and corode the anodizing provides a barrier against oxidation process and prevents deteriation and if you were to buy on and not have it anodized it and only powder coat or polish on the outside it would weaken the valve causeing possible failuer or injury

AGD-OfficeGal
03-25-2003, 11:03 AM
"just to clarify I meant like a possible release date, not a pre-order date. If thats still undoable oh well I guess."

:) Here's the problem with possible release dates. We post a possible release date. That date comes. The product isn't ready after all. JoAnn and Marcia get flooded with calls because it was said on the forum that the product might be ready on that date. JoAnn and Marcia don't get their work done because they are answering all these calls.

Possible release dates are only good if you don't take them as written in stone!

Marcia

lack of grace
03-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by DjGruv

Don't hold your breath. They never do.

Never do what? make enough?

DjGruv
03-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Ya there slow on that. I think they like to see us go crazy:D Like with the Level 10 when they first came out and the Xmag now.Theres no way I'll spend $1300+ on a gun and wait 8 months to get it. I would lose my mind! Plus this sport is changing so fast. In a year they would have alot more guns to chose from. Such as SP with the new shocker and the nerve.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 01:46 AM
I just want to know when X-Valves are going to be back in stock...at least a rough estimate...I work during business hours so you'll never have to worry about me calling to bug the office staff....but a blue X-Valve..I'd wait for that..it would totally clash with my black/polished theme for my MiniMag...but just ask Rogue..if it's Blue I gotta have it..

Jaymz
03-26-2003, 10:40 AM
yea I think you guys really should release some sort of date, ive practically already bought my new body (used) and valve and you possibly lost $300 there of service if I had known I wouldnt have had to wait long...

djelectro
03-26-2003, 05:05 PM
some people waiting for unanodized bodies so in my opinion this ones should be available in the store. i`m desperate to get one .

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Another friday is upon us, can someone in the upper ranks of AGD please give us a little better figure on when these ULEs will be available (sometime next week is at least a better figure, I know you can't make it exact but any business should be able to pinpoint a date within a week, repeated delays are bad business).

And is there a specific reason why a cost hasn't been given yet? They aren't out yet, true, but if you got a group of people waiting months for something and when it finally arrives you spring a price they can't afford, that's just wrong. The people here at Automags.org helped come up with this product as well as so many others that made AGD some serious money. Please help us in return but letting us know how much money we're going to have to spend. Saying "Under $200" or just a crude estimate would at least be helpful.

Am I impatient? Yes, I got no problem admitting it, because I haven't been able to play for a month and a half into the season because of these delays. I can afford one good PBall gun. I chose AGD because of their good customer service and have stuck with them and constantly tossed money to them, all AGD upgrades. Delays are expected but we're just being left in the dark here. Help us out please. Thank you.

Gecko
03-28-2003, 02:03 PM
gonna be at least 6 more months..........
:D
and this is why you NEVER EVER believe release dates set by companies. There are too many things that can go wrong especially because AGD subcontracts out all the work and is very picky about quality control.

lack of grace
03-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
Another friday is upon us, can someone in the upper ranks of AGD please give us a little better figure on when these ULEs will be available (sometime next week is at least a better figure, I know you can't make it exact but any business should be able to pinpoint a date within a week, repeated delays are bad business).

And is there a specific reason why a cost hasn't been given yet? They aren't out yet, true, but if you got a group of people waiting months for something and when it finally arrives you spring a price they can't afford, that's just wrong. The people here at Automags.org helped come up with this product as well as so many others that made AGD some serious money. Please help us in return but letting us know how much money we're going to have to spend. Saying "Under $200" or just a crude estimate would at least be helpful.

Am I impatient? Yes, I got no problem admitting it, because I haven't been able to play for a month and a half into the season because of these delays. I can afford one good PBall gun. I chose AGD because of their good customer service and have stuck with them and constantly tossed money to them, all AGD upgrades. Delays are expected but we're just being left in the dark here. Help us out please. Thank you.

Maybe its just cause we are from MASS, but I completely agree with you. We ARE customers.

joeyjoe367
03-28-2003, 03:06 PM
I AM GOING TO CRAZY!

Stand back! Gimme my ULE, or I'll shoot this paintball!

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Maybe we're more annoyed because unlike the folks in San Diego and other great cities we only get about three months of good outdoor weather and this delay will cut into one of them. LOL. Stupid New England winters.

I think we're all in agreement that AGD has great customer support and pretty solid products. It's just stupid stuff like this, the extreme (no pun intended) delay of the XMags, the lack of an official and mass-produced complete and annoed SLUG, the relatively high prices for basic gear (150 for a steel tube with a few holes punched in it like the old body?), and other things that gives customers, competitors, suppliers, and dealers the idea that AGD may have great ideas but doesn't have the resources to follow through, keeping them in the position of underdog forever. Higher production rate spreads the overhead costs out better, lack of supply means customers will go elsewhere. We're just pointing out stuff that are shining examples of why AGD still isn't back in the game yet. They need to back up the talk with some solid products.

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Just a little humor: we should all go to a field with our gear on and start throwing paintballs by hand instead of using a gun. Anyone asks just say "this is more effective than my Mag has been in almost two months." Kidding folks, just throwing (pun fully intended) some humor into this. :D

lack of grace
03-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Just a little humor: we should all go to a field with our gear on and start throwing paintballs by hand instead of using a gun. Anyone asks just say "this is more effective than my Mag has been in almost two months." Kidding folks, just throwing (pun fully intended) some humor into this. :D

LOL....From last I remember the Boston Paintball field was small enough to play by hand.

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Hahaha... I actually play at Boston PBall regularly (or did until this garbage, I've been dying to go). Compared to PNLs Airball field that thing is huge. At least it's slightly difficult to be hit off the break at Boston. At PNL the starting bunkers have a clear path to each other and the field's about 30-40% shorter. I had to literally just hit the ground to avoid getting hit at PNL, that place stinks. At Boston I could at least hit the first bunker at a regular rate and there's a big bunker in front so no one can just shoot straight and hit the other team. Where is there a bigger airball field around the Boston area (pref. Southern Boston)?

Anyways, back on topic, does anyone reading this have similar issues with other companies or are most good about getting products out on time?

rpm07
03-28-2003, 03:46 PM
AGD Product Update
The SLUG bodies are in the final operation now and will be here tomorrow or friday. We are still waiting on the hardened washers that are also supposed to be here this week too. The new bodies are GIANTS with the extension over the valve. I have attached a pic below. These should be available to buy next week since there is no further processing. Again NO prices yet but best case they could go on sale end of the week.
AGD

Tom never said what week:)
Just a update would be nice
Also how many peices are they making, hopefully more then 2

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Ha, I'm in Boston but my hometown is Kinnelon, NJ, about 15 minutes from RPM. Anyways, those aren't the SLUGS I was referring to. I meant any raw ones from AGD (extending over valve or not) being sold as a completed product. An employee of AGD said at some point this would be done. I don't have any of the materials to finish these bodies and the small-batches that some people have made may look superb, but $225 for basic black annoed body plus the costs for feed tube and ball detent makes them cost about $270. For that you could stick with the old body, sell a Mag with an XValve and Intelliframe for about $500, and use all the money to get a new Dragon Intimidator, 2003 Angel LED or a much higher level gun that has a carved body as well. Why spend the same money on an RT Mag to make it look good when the trigger will still be heavy and non-electric? A mass-produced finished SLUG could be released by AGD and because of the mass-annoing rather than individual custom jobs, the cost would be insanely less and it would also be an official product. There is no word on these either which is again an opportunity AGD is missing.

rpm07
03-28-2003, 04:05 PM
I have been waiting for the warp slugs to come out my freind has a cad drawing done and ready to mill 2 of them for me and him. But they are not coming out, just warp slugs already milled now. and I dont like the look of them. So like always I waited 2 months for nothing like always.

tony3
03-28-2003, 09:48 PM
They need to back up the talk with some solid products.

They have tons of solid products, but they can't seem to make enough of a product to keep them in stock.

smilestyler
03-28-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm as impatient as the next guy, but if everyone keeps complaining about release dates on stuff, AGD is going to keep everyone in the dark on any future products. I don't like being teased with all the other slug bodies either, but obviously they just take time. Anyone have ideas on how to make the wait go by faster?:D

Ninety nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety nine bottles of....

tony3
03-28-2003, 10:29 PM
take one down pass it around,

Converted2Mags
03-28-2003, 11:22 PM
ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall...

aaron_mag
03-29-2003, 08:56 AM
I think we're all in agreement that AGD has great customer support and pretty solid products. It's just stupid stuff like this, the extreme (no pun intended) delay of the XMags, the lack of an official and mass-produced complete and annoed SLUG, the relatively high prices for basic gear (150 for a steel tube with a few holes punched in it like the old body?), and other things that gives customers, competitors, suppliers, and dealers the idea that AGD may have great ideas but doesn't have the resources to follow through, keeping them in the position of underdog forever. Higher production rate spreads the overhead costs out better, lack of supply means customers will go elsewhere. We're just pointing out stuff that are shining examples of why AGD still isn't back in the game yet. They need to back up the talk with some solid products.

Have you ever dealt with any other paintball company on new products? A buddy of mine really wanted to get the Eforce from PMI and waited forever until he was informed they were not going to make them due to production issues. The new Omen (from Evil) is supposed to be released "in a week" for countless months. The new company Action Markers was supposed to release their electronic marker the Diadem in November of last year but besides a prototype nothing has been seen. These are the only new products I have been tracking out of curiousity (as well as the AGD ones) but they all seem to take time to get the production issues right. Because of this board we get a ringside view of what is going on at AGD so we are more conscious of production delays. To say that it is AGD specific, however, is ridiculous.

wobbles82
04-02-2003, 10:06 PM
TK, when are those RT's with the ULE Body and Rail and Y-Grip and X-Valve and whatnot going to come out? I am in need of a new marker and I have the cash I just need a preorder date, if not I just may get the new Shocker, ILL DO IT, I swear it! Well no I wont.....dont laugh at my incompetence, all I want is the new mag, is that too much to ask?

Duke Henry
04-10-2003, 09:49 AM
I imagine Tom will let us know when warp ULE bodies are in stock, but one question I have seen asked quite often (and I don't THINK ever answered) was: will you have to get a ULE rail to go with the body (due to cutting the rail to accomodate the warp feed)?

Jaymz
04-10-2003, 05:35 PM
ULE Rail's price is pretty outrageous...