PDA

View Full Version : Emag Switch, NO YELLOW PIN!

shadow462
03-19-2003, 09:04 PM
I got annoyed by the stupid yellow pin, so I jury rigged a Radio Shak micro toggle switch and some speaker wire. The switch fit into the ezisting hole, and I had to dremel off about 1/8" on the grip frame where the pin fit, to clear the back of the switch. Here's some pics, any questions let me know.
John

rehme
03-19-2003, 09:11 PM
it looks preatty kool put kinda sticks out far. It could get bumped or something when you are playing

shadow462
03-19-2003, 09:20 PM
I considered that, but the way I hold the gun, it's out of the way. If it becomes an issue I'll just hack off half of it with the dremel. I just didn't want to fix what wasn't broken.

Paintchucker
05-19-2003, 05:44 PM
Could you post some pictures of the wires themselves?

Thanks!

PUDBUDZ
05-19-2003, 06:38 PM
I just have to know....did your annodizing come that crappy or were you playing in a sand storm?:D

BajaBoy
05-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by PUDBUDZ
I just have to know....did your annodizing come that crappy or were you playing in a sand storm?:D

good question. lol

shadow462
05-19-2003, 10:06 PM
I typed up a nice long, detailed reply ecplaining exactly how I did the wiring, but then my computer locked up and I lost it. It's really simple:

- wire one battery contact to switch
- wire switch to second contact (make one out of something conductive
- insulate bottom of new contact and set it on top of switch internals (glue it if you want)
- mill out little chunk of gripframe to make room for switch

That about sums it up, you'll also need to adapt the charger. Either mill out a similar piece to what you take from the grip, or just wire it directly to the battery to charger. I'll edit this to be more thorough ecventually, and when my camera is up and running again I'll get some pics. Ask any questions you might have.

Also, I refer to the purple abhorration as "the worst ano job in the entire world." It's faded in places down to raw aluminum, uneven where there once were stickers, and speckled everywhere else. Good looking, no. Cheap, yes. I got the gun used in this condition, and it shoots like a dream. I intend to get it anoed eventually, but not until I have my ULE body and matching barrels, and probably a ULE frame.
John

Vitamin G
05-22-2003, 08:11 PM
JOHN!!!

Nice anno job, dork :p