PDA

View Full Version : RT won't Fire

kyndig
03-19-2003, 09:29 PM
I have a used RT (serial 03518). With the level 7 bolt in it, when I gas it up it vents air all down the barrel. I have a level 10 that I put in it. When the level 10 is in and I have the right carrier in it doesn't vent gas at all. The problem is that the gun won't fire. I have some pressure on the trigger but I'm not sure if its the correct pressure or not. When it gasses up the trigger rod pressurizes and the trigger snaps out and I can pull the trigger, the trigger pulls but the gun doesn't fire. I have replaced the Regulator Valve, both regulator springs, and all the o-rings, all with no affect. I have the 1.5 carrier for the level 10 in and it doesn't vent any gas, with number 2 it vents. With the number 2 one it won't fire either. Any ideas on how to fix this or does it sound like I should sent it in to AGD?

Mag Master 04
03-19-2003, 10:25 PM
i think i had this happen...
how many shimms are in there?
maybe go down a carrier size, if u have a smaller 1
and turn up the velocit till it fires...if its all the way up...back it down again and take a look at gettin a smaller carrier size or add or take away shims
*SOME 1 PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!!!*

kyndig
03-20-2003, 01:10 PM
I have no shims in it right now. I had 2 in it before (3 caused it to leak) and that didn't make a difference either. Took out the shims to try and make the problem less complicated. I had the next smaller carrier in but it did the same thing. The gun pressurizes, I get pressure on the trigger, but when I pull the trigger nothing happens. Something wrong with the valve perhaps? Maybe the bolt is sticking?

Dayspring
03-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Use the biggest carrier that won't leak.

Here's a test- Take the oring and put it into a carrier. Slide the carrier (oring first) onto the bolt stem. Dangle the bolt from the carrier and give it a shake. It should be JUST snug. It shouldn't fall right off (too loose) and there should be some play in it, not just staying still (too tight).

Next, after putting in the level 10 bolt, you need to crank the velocity up. Also, remember that the longer the spring, the higher you have to up the velocity. (Air pressure has to overcome the force of the spring holding the bolt back.)

My advice- try the medium spring, biggest carrier that won't leak and 1 or 2 shims. If you vent out the back after cranking the velocity up, try moving down to a smaller spring.

kyndig
03-20-2003, 04:05 PM
I've done all that Dayspring, right now I don't have (I don't believe so anyways) a level 10 problem. The gun just won't fire. I have pressure on the trigger and I have turned the velocity all the way up (it didn't vent out the back when I did this) and the gun still won't fire. I believe the problem lies elsewhere, I don't think the level 10 is the problem at all. When I put the level 7 bolt in all that the gun does is vent down the tube, rapidly. The gun won't fire with the level 7 bolt either.

Mag Master 04
03-20-2003, 09:29 PM
did u oil it up really good? like the pin on the bolt so it still fits snug but moves easily? i had this happen but for the life of me i cant remember what i did to fix it...all i know is it shoots but thats no help to you...sry on that

OH...yur carrior is in upside down...YES IT IS, this happened to me, flip it the other way. so the o ring is facing down..if u can look in the powertue and see the white o ring..flip it so the o ring is down and u cant see it if u look in there>>>TRY IT!!

u made me take apart my valve and look haha a whole 2 seconde to solve that problem (i hope) it was right in front of me

kyndig
03-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Nope, carrier is in right. :)
I did find the problem though. The puke that sold me the gun and tank (on here btw)... the tank is a 68/4500... and it appears that its a 450 psi tank. No wonder the friggen thing won't fire. I have an older 48/3000 bottle that I put on the gun and it fired beautifully. He friggen sold me a gun that wouldn't fire. I'm thinking he switched tanks when he sold it (traded with a friend, etc). Now I'm screwed. Think anyone on here would wanna trade HPA tanks?

Mag Master 04
03-22-2003, 12:34 AM
sorry we couldnt help and that sux bout the tank..id be raisin hell on that 1, i dunno what u can do bout that 1 bro...good luck