PDA

View Full Version : autococker question

Machina123
03-19-2003, 09:46 PM
ok so just as i get my cocker nice and smooth shooting my 3 way leaks. now i think it can be the 3-way o-rings cause i just replaced, but i did it anyway. its a bomb 3 way. is there a chance its the actuating rod, or should i just buy a new one. its not a major leak but its one of those things that just annoy u.

Havoc_online
03-19-2003, 09:51 PM
is it leaking only when you fire?(normal)

or all the time? make sure your trigger return springs are not binding and are allowing the trigger to return fully and rapidly. drop a dab of oil in there and see if that helps.(make sure the three way rod is on track)

FalconGuy016
03-19-2003, 10:11 PM
My friend had the same problem and he had to buy a new acuating rod

Muzikman
03-19-2003, 10:28 PM
where is it leaking from? Make sure the timing rod is set correct. If it is off a little it can leak from the exhaust port.

Catch22
03-19-2003, 10:37 PM
I heard you mention that you put new o-rings in your 3-way. Well some people have had the problem of pinching the o-ring and damaging it when you first pull the trigger and slide the new o-ring over the opening. I personally only know one person this happened to due to no oil and the fact that both the o-rings and the 4-way were brand new. Hope you get it fixed soon.

RusskiX
03-19-2003, 10:53 PM
Also bombs don't always seal well at low pressure. Turn up your front reg little and see if that helps.

twiitch
03-20-2003, 12:28 AM
degass... drop of oil in tip and/or rear of your 3-way,and pull the trigger about 30-40 times, regass it up, and if its still doin it, check the actuating rod to make sure its not bent. if not then you could have screwed up more 3-way orings, but i very very very highly doubt taht. if all else fails, have somebody whos really good with cockers look at the timing if its a constant one, it could be a simple matter of the trigger stops are wrong (too far in or out) but check that last, dont screw with the timing untill u rule out all other posibilities

CoolHand
03-20-2003, 10:55 PM
If you lube it and it doesn't go away, try backing the timing off half a turn.

You may just have the oring resting so close to the port that it weeps a little air all the time.

I put Bombs on every marker I build, and I have never had any trouble with them sealing at low pressure. Either that is rumor is bogus, or I am the luckiest dude ever.

If you take it apart, and you have cut your orings again, use some Dow33 when you put it back together. Be liberal, really slather it on there. The stuff works wonders, even though it will blow out the exhaust ports for 500 or so shots. :D

Also, while you have it apart, make sure that your timing rod is straight. If it is bent, it will compress the orings enough to allow a small leak.

Have fun, and don't be afraid of timing your marker (its no big deal, I promise)

If you still can't get it to seal up, drop me a PM or email, and I will see what I can do for you.

Later