PDA

View Full Version : Major leakage problems

lt1z28maro
03-20-2003, 01:37 AM
I have had one mag or another for about 3 years and this is the first problem I have never been able to fix. I have the lvl 10 and an rt valve on a p/f 68. When i gas the marker up, it leaks down the barrel (power tube) and it leaks out of the hole on the back of the valve. The weirdest thing about this is that when I turn off the
safety and pull the trigger, it just goes full auto, atlike 35 bps, and drains the tank. Its a big probelm to work on cause I keep having to go back and forth to the local scuba shop to get my scubas filled. The gun doesstop firing when i let go of the trigger though.
So to reveiw:
1) leaking out of the power tube
2) leaking out of the back of the valve at the velocity adj. hole
3) full auto when pulling trigger

I have tried rebuilding the whole valve multiple times, I sat through the lvl 10 instalation video repeatedly, and nothing has helped at all. I have made it worse, but then I keep getting back to where I started. The only thing that I could think of is me putting in an o-ring in incorrectly or something, but I have checked so many
times and everything looks fine. I called into AGD today and the guy told me to look for cracks, but I could not see any.

Any help or advice of any kind would greatly help. Thanks.

xen_100
03-20-2003, 12:33 PM
first, you have to evaluate each problem one at a time.

turn your velocity down to get the leak out the back to go away.

If you are going "full auto" when you pull the trigger and it stops when you let go, then the on/off is not sealing at all. that will cause the bolt to recipricate uncontrolably because the spring will push back on the bolt after the air is released and it instantly fires again because it starts to fill the dump chamber again the instant the bolt seals again.

the leak down the barrel is a bad powertube o-ring or it is a bad carrier o-ring if you have LX. either replace the o-ring, or try the next smaller carrier.

lt1z28maro
03-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks for your help, but i found out what it was... It was the on/off pin, it was broken clean off. After I replaced it with my ld on/off pin, it worked fine. Thanks man.