PDA

View Full Version : remote co2!

fyse0
03-20-2003, 08:45 PM
ok im thinking about getting remote co2 because i play long drawn out games (some last like 3 hours) and even with my super buff arms i sometimes get tired.. plus my huge 20oz looks kinda stupid on my tiny automag.. Are remote co2's good? will it be dumb for me to buy it? And do they act like mini expansion chambers? thx

also do they sell belts with just a co2 holder.. ive got no need for pods.. i got one slot in my pants and have only needed half of it once.

also no anti-siphon tanks on remotes?

Statik7
03-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Mini X chambs they are. it gives more room for co2 to expand.
they are ok, depends on how you move around/play.
just buy a belt and pack for 2 pods. im sure your tank can take up one and you can put something in the other.

no anti siphon because your bottle will be upright, wouldnt want liquid co2 to be drawn in.

-=Squid=-
03-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by fyse0
ok im thinking about getting remote co2 because i play long drawn out games (some last like 3 hours) and even with my super buff arms i sometimes get tired.. plus my huge 20oz looks kinda stupid on my tiny automag.. Are remote co2's good? will it be dumb for me to buy it? And do they act like mini expansion chambers? thx

also do they sell belts with just a co2 holder.. ive got no need for pods.. i got one slot in my pants and have only needed half of it once.

also no anti-siphon tanks on remotes?

I wuoldnt recomend it...you should definetely try first. It will throw the balance WAY off and probably make it harder to hold the gun, especially for long games, now I only play in tourneys, but im transfering into rec mode here

Now, I would definetly recomend just buying a butt plate for your tank for long rec games, or if you are super hardcore rec player, buy a 4oz and mount it to the front of your gun, then buy a shoulder stock, well, that would be easy if you had a tippman, not sure of other guns. Also. super buff arms, do they get shot a lot :D :D

Python14
03-20-2003, 10:09 PM
A while back, I fiddled around with an extremely high-capacity(roughly like 60oz when full). It was extremely heavy, extremely complicated, and leaks sprung up and went away at a staggering rate. In the end, it was very messy, but alot of fun. I toyed with it for awhile an for most intents and purposes, I never had any intention of actually playing with it.

fyse0
03-20-2003, 10:37 PM
i just meant a line from my gun to my back .. 20oz co2.. but if its that complicated i prolly wont do it

-=Squid=-
03-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by fyse0
i just meant a line from my gun to my back .. 20oz co2.. but if its that complicated i prolly wont do it

did you read my post? plz dont do it man! It will throw the balance of you gun off, and remove any options of shouldering, which means you wont hit a thing, unless you have a 4045" sniper barrel and a scope :p

Darkstorm
03-21-2003, 12:43 AM
fyse0,
I play scenarios and have been on the field for more than 4 hours straight not to mention the 24 hours of "game on" time. You might consider a strap. Mine is long enough that when I have the strap over my shoulder, the tank butts up against my hip and I can keep my mag pointed where I want.

Temo Vryce
03-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Complicated? No. It is a different style of playing though. To some it might throw your mag off balance as Squid is trying to point out. I myself have done it with a 114cui N2 system. One of my friends ran 2 20oz tanks into an expansioon chamber to a remote, into a second expansion chamber and then through an RG-1 regulator. Now this is a little more complicated than what you would like to do. The use of a shoulder stock will help you stablize you mag and will allow you to use the remote system easily. It will take some getting use to but if you like it no one here can tell you it's wrong.

The Anti-syphon tank will draw liquid if stood up as pointed out by Statik7. I hope that this helps to answer your question.