PDA

View Full Version : Do people in upstate NY use mags?

hostage
03-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Okay I've been going to RIT for 3 years now and I have only seen a couple of mags. Most of which I have talked my buds to buying and they all loved them. I swear if I got a dollar for every cocker I've seen up here I would be a rich man. Its true this is FreeFlow country, but still! I would love to see more mags up here, I've owned 7 mags and have yet to see a x-mag in person or even fire a real e-mag. Shesh...more peeps need mags up here!
-Doron

TOOL_173
03-21-2003, 02:22 AM
I have to agree with him...i have yet to see an E-mag or X-mag up here.

I mean I had to introduce the RT Classic to my friend.

Doron, my roomy ( the stock cocker owner ) told me he saw 2 guys with warps and nice mags one night at compete when he went with Ross to an openplay. That was one time.

I would love to see an X-mag or an E-mag!

Bucky
03-21-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by hostage
Okay I've been going to RIT for 3 years now and I have only seen a couple of mags. Most of which I have talked my buds to buying and they all loved them. I swear if I got a dollar for every cocker I've seen up here I would be a rich man. Its true this is FreeFlow country, but still! I would love to see more mags up here, I've owned 7 mags and have yet to see a x-mag in person or even fire a real e-mag. Shesh...more peeps need mags up here!
-Doron

and if i had a dollar for every timmy i have seen in nor cal, i'd be able to buy my own country.

TheJester
03-21-2003, 06:26 AM
yea, NY is cocker country, i own a mag....just about the only 1 in my area though, my feild owner is the only 1 in like a 20(or more) mile radius that owns a mag besides me. but i've played w/ 5 people who have cockers, 3 of them on a regular basis.

PzYcO
03-21-2003, 07:03 AM
i only know one other person in new york that owns a mag, and its a classic 68 :/

kenshinkandon
03-21-2003, 07:12 AM
I live more in western part of the state but the closet field near me is GRC and they usually host Lockout alot. But I see mags every now and then I have an RT Pro, that I got from one user on AO that has a XMAG he lives around Rochester.

I can recall seeing a member of lockout using an old school RT while at GRC once, it was his personal marker so there around but there few and far between.

hostage
03-21-2003, 11:03 AM
a former member of lockout uses an E-Mag, but when i talked to one of the guys at ProPB he was under the impression that cockers shot further.
-Doron

Rynoboy06
03-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Well, I'll be joining you at RIT next year, and I'll be bringing my RT pro if that's any consolation.

openboater
03-21-2003, 11:42 AM
You don't see many Mags up here 'cause I own them all.

Smiles2480
03-21-2003, 11:50 AM
I Live outside of Buffalo and I only see two others that have mags. One is on the team that I play with occationaly and the other is my friend. The both like the mags. My friend loves the durability of his mag and how easy it is to take it apart and clean it. The one kid on the team say his rt never chops and fire great. He dosn't have a Level 10 mod in his marker eaither. I have a E-mag with the Level 10 mod. It works so nice.

zeke1975
03-21-2003, 12:57 PM
I live in Buffalo, I've got a LX Minimag and my buddy that lives in Jamestown has a RT. Mags are here, just hidden.

TOOL_173
03-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Well you can see my RT Classic then up here at RIT. I Just wish I could find parts- like Z-grip

Dubstar112
03-21-2003, 03:34 PM
I live in watertown, which is 75 miles north of syracuse. I had a mag, then I sold it and got out of paintball. However there is still mag users. I know a guy who is starting a field, he has one or two mags. BTW, this will be the first paintball field ever in watertown :)!! Im sorta excited. Not sure If I can get back in to the game though...

magzown3
03-21-2003, 04:51 PM
I'll be attending RIT next year as well and I recently have a mag. Well, I am either going to clarkson or RIT, i havnt decided yet. But having no place to play paintball at clarkson is a huge bummer. So, if i go to clarkson, i will most likely be brining up my mag, unless i get a matrix b4 that, we'll see.

PzYcO
03-21-2003, 05:22 PM
new york needs some GOOD central speed/hyper ball fields, that are CHEAP, is it me? or is EVERY field in new york highly over priced?

Jerhew
03-21-2003, 06:09 PM
ya it's definitely freeflow country
not very many mags around here
i have a retro and my one teammate runs a classic
that's all i know of anymore
i know some of the oldschool guys from lightning force used to use them but that team is long gone

oh well
most people just aren't as smart as us :D

Ityl
03-21-2003, 06:25 PM
A couple years ago we had an all mag team and played a bunch of tournies at GRC. My brother was playing tournies for a while with an EMag, but has since changed, multiple times. They are around. I have an emag getting fixed at AGD right now that will be for sale when it returns, has warp and lvl 10 :) PM for details.

TheJester
03-21-2003, 09:36 PM
but hey, we should be proud, we're part of the small crowd. in my area, i'm almost a one of a kind, my mag turned heads cause it's the "oddball gun" and well, the fact that it shoots like a dream and it's all chrome doesn't help either

TOOL_173
03-23-2003, 12:30 AM
Physco, goto tourney practices...usually a lot cheaper, but the sacrifice is going on a weekday.

Badabing
03-23-2003, 09:01 AM
A few of my buddies have mags and another has an SFL. I have an RT Pro im trying to get rid of thats about it. I live just south of buffalo.