PDA

View Full Version : RT illegal in nppl? if so agd go kick some butt!!

ShowTime
03-21-2003, 05:31 AM
well iv been hereing from many ppl and actually reading from nppl that rt triiger are illegal... not really knowing to much about mags but wouldnt this make the x-mag illegal also? since the x-mag has a rt valvue right? im asking because i plan on purchasing a x-mag and if its illegal thos bassically only means that im sure the psp will follow the same rule and hence more tourny promoter will also. if it is true y doesnt agd stand up and kick some serious @$$, show them that the new trigger wont go into run away or whatever its called

zack

shartley
03-21-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by ShowTime
well iv been hereing from many ppl and actually reading from nppl that rt triiger are illegal... not really knowing to much about mags but wouldnt this make the x-mag illegal also? since the x-mag has a rt valvue right? im asking because i plan on purchasing a x-mag and if its illegal thos bassically only means that im sure the psp will follow the same rule and hence more tourny promoter will also. if it is true y doesnt agd stand up and kick some serious @$$, show them that the new trigger wont go into run away or whatever its called

zack
They are not ILLEGAL. Only a marker that can be fired in “sweet spot”, and is DOING SO (also commonly called “run away”) is illegal. Simply being an “RT” is not illegal. They check every marker, not just say “You have an RT so you can not use it.”

We get these same posts about twice a week now….. maybe someone should have the NPPL make a special note? ;)

yeahthatsme
03-21-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by shartley

They are not ILLEGAL. Only a marker that can be fired in “sweet spot”, and is DOING SO (also commonly called “run away”) is illegal. Simply being an “RT” is not illegal. They check every marker, not just say “You have an RT so you can not use it.”

We get these same posts about twice a week now….. maybe someone should have the NPPL make a special note? ;)

actually shartley, sweetspotting isnt like runaway, its controled, while runaway is by no means controled.

did i just prove shartley wrong :eek: :eek:

shartley
03-21-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme

actually shartley, sweetspotting isnt like runaway, its controled, while runaway is by no means controled.

did i just prove shartley wrong :eek: :eek:
Actually, you didn’t. If you READ what I wrote, I said “commonly called”, not that that is what it technically IS. We have had the “sweet spot” VS “Runaway” discussion here on AO for YEARS, and it is generally acknowledged that the two terms are interchangeable in general conversation, although “runaway” may not be the technically correct definition of the action.

In other words, I was trying to alleviate any confusion… when at a paintball field and someone says someone is shooting in “runaway” they are actually meaning “sweet spot”… unless it is a true run away caused by malfunctioning electronics… which is usually NOT the case.

Nope, you didn’t “prove” me wrong… sorry. ;)

cphilip
03-21-2003, 09:39 AM
This is a duplication of what is going on in this thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73412)

We do not need two of them. Please confine your comments to that one.

Closed for duplication.