PDA

View Full Version : Cradle for a Fred Schultz Air America Reg?

Gadget
03-21-2003, 05:53 AM
I'm building myself a new X-valved mag which will relegate my current classic valved 10 year old to a backup role.

I've been running a Fred Schultz signature edition air system for a long time and would like to use it on the new mag - but be able to swap the system between markers without having to unbolt the existing cradle.

Anyone know of a cradle which will take the FS reg (or have a genuine FS cradle for sale)?

My current setup looks like this:

http://www.chimpy.com/pics/pball/mag.jpg

luke
03-21-2003, 08:03 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66240

KayleAGD
03-21-2003, 08:48 AM
I always used the benchmark dovetail cradle on my fs.. I may still have an origional lasered one around somewhere.Bob long also made some credles that would fit them..

Gadget
03-21-2003, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the info Kayle.

Luke - I'd _love_ one of datapimp's drops, but they're only for flatlines or (with the new version) dovetail mounts. :(

Creative Mayhem
03-21-2003, 10:44 AM
I agree with Kayle, I use a FS style of AA Raptor. I have the benchmark cradle on my Angel and just slide the collar and tank off the benchy drop and onto my CP drop. Works like a charm. Now if only I had another male end to a proconnect... :(

CM

luke
03-21-2003, 01:34 PM
I would contact him, he can probably make you an adapter of some kind.

nerobro
03-21-2003, 03:28 PM
You'll get better responces if you askf or cradles for a raptor. The FS edition reg was just a raptor that came with a cradle ;-)

I use a APP clamping cradle. But you mentioned not wantint tounbolt your cradle, you could pick up a NWPD quick disconnect.

Personally I prefer the Centerflag cradles (yes they fit raptors ;-)) they give you a dovetail to work with, and are pretty. they also mount the tank rotated 45 deg from level so when you do get your burst disk replaced with one of the super-nasty warts from AA you'll still be able to use "a" cradle.

The kind of burst disk taht came on your tank is most likely not available anymore and the adapter that AA uses is nearly 1/2" tall. I was really upset when they put that on my pretty raptor ;-) But such is life.

Hmm... other mounting options. A DZ will fit your reg perfectly. any DZ ;-) they will clamp onto the reg or the bottle's neck.

APP still has their clamping SS mounts for sale, they're on closeout though.

personman
03-21-2003, 04:24 PM
I have one.. creative mayhem sent it to me for free.. you can have it for free as well as you want.. its offset to the left I think and its a benchy..
Or it SHOULD fit..