PDA

View Full Version : Bea Youngs trying out for Fear Factor

Dayspring
03-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Way to go Bea! Good luck with the tryouts. (I hope you have a strong stomach. ;))

What is it with AOers and Reality TV? ;)

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=541&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

cphilip
03-21-2003, 10:46 AM
She is actualy going for a call back. So she made it through the first elimination process.

pbzmag
03-21-2003, 10:50 AM
I don't really watch reality shows anymore, but I'll be keeping an eye out for this show. After all, she is a fellow Ao'er!

dre1919
03-21-2003, 01:01 PM
I talked to her about this yesterday, and she was VERY excited about making it to the next round. Hey, with the chance to win $50k, who wouldn't be? She said they did the tryouts at the Hard Rock cafe, and they would arrange eight people around a table and conduct conversations with a moderator. The fact she plays paintball "professionally" really impressed the judges. That, and I guess her and Mike Paxson just owned the table!! Good luck Bea, go get 'em girl!

Dayspring
03-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Funny thing is- she will have to eat something on her reality show. I just had to swollow my pride on mine. :)

GO GET 'EM!

pbzmag
03-21-2003, 01:10 PM
If she seen and eaten the egg, she should have no problems eating other things. The filipinos and vietnamese know what I'm talking about!:D

Wc Keep
03-21-2003, 01:24 PM
speaking of reality tv

hey dayspring when is your show going to air?

beam
03-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Funny thing is- she will have to eat something on her reality show. I just had to swollow my pride on mine. :)

GO GET 'EM!

What show were you on?

Dayspring
03-21-2003, 01:27 PM
They've been running repeats as of late, so I'm worried that they'll air me next season- which could be in a month or so I would guess. (I also haven't seen any of the people I went with and I KNOW they'll be on.)

gibby
03-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by pbzmag
If she seen and eaten the egg, she should have no problems eating other things. The filipinos and vietnamese know what I'm talking about!:D
LOL!! Of course we know what you mean...but maybe you should explain further for those who don't. :p

Dayspring
03-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Shipmates (http://www.shipmatestv.com)

Think "Blind Date" on a cruise for 3 days. :D
(FREE except for the itsy bitsy price of your dignity. ;))

Originally posted by beam

What show were you on?

pbzmag
03-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by gibby

LOL!! Of course we know what you mean...but maybe you should explain further for those who don't. :p

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's a delicacy in the asian countries. It is an egg that has an embryo. I'm not talking about the yolk. It's a chicken or duck embryo. You pretty much crack it open and eat the whole thing. Remember the StarTrek:TNG episode where Picard is captured and he eats the contents of a Kardasian egg? Pretty much like that except it's not moving.

Originally posted by Dayspring
Think "Blind Date" on a cruise for 3 days. :D
(FREE except for the itsy bitsy price of your dignity. ;))

Let us know when it will air!

Dayspring
03-21-2003, 01:54 PM
They already ate that. I watched the episode. It was REALLY hardcore.

Originally posted by pbzmag
Let us know when it will air!

You got it. You and the rest of my entire freakin' world want to know. There was talk about AGDJon doing a chat party JUST for that. :eek:

Wc Keep
03-21-2003, 02:45 PM
dont worry folks ill let the whole paintball world know about this way before dayspring even knows about it. :D

Major Ho
03-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Heyyy...I wanted to try out...I love a challenge and would have no peoblem eating anything. PBZmag...I know what your talking about, and yes, been there done that...no sweat. I figured i was gonna "tryout" for the show this summer.

LawFox32
03-21-2003, 03:19 PM
haha don't they have enough Ho's on Fear Factor already

if you got in you would have to wear your RS headband

yeahthatsme
03-21-2003, 05:09 PM
hey bea, you guys sould wear splat stickers!!! so people will see that you play, and wear like i love paintball bumber-stickers on your back.

logamus
03-21-2003, 05:54 PM
well this is cool, fear factor is the one reality tv show i dont mind watching. now, i dont watch a helluva lot of tv, but i like that show. nothing like a little paintball promotion!!!

jayel579
03-21-2003, 08:55 PM
got to love jersey girls

Major Ho
03-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Im lazy and that sounds like a lot of work to tryout. So Bea, hope you make it and represent:cool: You could casually wear some flashy paintball pants during an event.

Sooky
03-22-2003, 11:58 PM
The interview was today, right? Anybody know what happened?

theraidenproject
03-23-2003, 12:16 AM
She probably won't be able to sport any paintball (or any other) logos. They generally don't allow participants of reality shows (well, most shows, for that matter) wear any logos. Example from "Married By America" memo to contestants(The Smoking Gun) (http://thesmokinggun.com/archive/marriedby2.html)