PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hour Scenario Tomorrow!

Brazen
03-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Hi all,

I am playing in my first scenario tomorrow and while I'm really excited, I'm also "worried"... in a Man-I-don't-wanna-lose kinda way. It's at our local field here in Charleston, SC and I am one of the Generals. LOL!! Well more specifically, I am my General's second-in-command. But there is still a point value on my head every time I am eliminated by the opposite tribe. Anyway, the smalk talk level has reached an all new high lately, and I sure would like my tribe to come out victorious! LOL!

We don't have much in the way of NV... my General has a NV scope and that's all I'm aware of. We've got 3 sets of handheld radios among our side that I know of.

I know the layout of the field real well, but I've never played at night! I really look forward to all this... any general advice or tips for a newbie scenario player tho?

I'm taking out my new-to-me mini mag... and I have a Phantom as well for being super stealthy. I've got half a case of the glo-balls w/ the special hopper, and we have discussed using a half & half mix of the paints, so they won't ALL come out as tracers, pointing out exactly where I am. LOL

Thanks! :D

Slapp
03-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Good luck and have fun Brazen!

You want as many of your squad leaders to have radio's as possible and you definately want to have one for yourself and your General. Keep in mind, the enemy may figure out what channel you are using and be listening in so some basic code with squad leaders may be helpful. Code can be anything like "lemons" means return to base, "apples" means dig in and hold position, "oranges" means reinforcements on the way. Keep codes limited and simple to remember.

Night play is fun and tends to evolve much more around ambush and sniper type tactics than the frontal assault daytime stuff. Night Vision gear would be great to have but it is expensive and you can tell where the enemy is anyway if you are quiet enough and have your advance scouts well deployed with radio's. At night you can deploy a perimiter of scouts and assign each a number. When they call in they can say "Scout #1 reporting 12 enemy incoming". You can then deploy squads to fortify defenses in that area or to set up an ambush.

If your scenario is like others I've been to, try to keep your squads focused on missions rather than running from firefight to firefight and keep your own head down low. Pre-plan your escape route and alternate backup base location in case the enemy starts to press your camp while your squads are on missions.