PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Air America tanks?

paint magnet
03-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Well, I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about Air America, as a company, and about their products. I've heard great things about them, especially about their warranty, and everyone seems to like their tanks. However, their products are usually a lot heavier and larger than other similar tanks and regs, not to mention the fact that the one I'm looking at (Apocalypse 2k) is only a single regulated design. I've asked tank questions before, but I still haven't decided. Thanks for any input.

(By the way, they are the only ones that have currently returned my emails and sent me a specs sheet to boot)

PzYcO
03-21-2003, 02:49 PM
used to have an AA MeLee 68/3k, then sold it, then immiedatly bought an AA The REG 88/4500 ;)

PsychoBaller
03-21-2003, 02:51 PM
I have been running Air America Tanks for the last 5-6yrs now.... (Armageddons). The tank itself is beautiful, consistency is great, and the warrenty is also fantastic.

However, for the money and the weight, I don't think it's worth buying their tanks. Over the years many other companies have come out with great systems as well, ie AGD Flatline (heheheh). Also I have also looked into preset 4500 systems and they works just as nicely (Crossfire, Pure Energy).

I currently have a Flatline and a Pure Energy, and I am looking to sell off my Geddon. AA tanks are nice, but when I'm in the front I need small and light.

~da baller

Hexis
03-21-2003, 03:00 PM
The only thing I would get above an AA setup is an AGD Flatline. I currently use an Apoc 68ci/4500psi setup. It's the oldschool SS reg. It's built like a rock. Yeah, it's heavy, but on my old 114ci/3000psi I didn't even have to replace an O-ring in the 6 years I owned it. Overall my experance with AA has been great. I haven't even needed their support.

Creative Mayhem
03-21-2003, 03:19 PM
I have a Fred Shultz style of Raptor. I've had it as long as my mag. I think it's going on 11 yrs? I've never had to do ANYTHING with it, fill it and hook it up... As for custmer service, I feel the best customer service is the one you don't have to deal with. AGD is the same way, my mag has been going strong since the day I bought it, so why do I need customer service. The few dealings I have had with both companies(mostly questions) have been great. I have no complaints. A quality product, is the BEST customer service any company can provide. Period.

CM

Gadget
03-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
I have a Fred Shultz style of Raptor. I've had it as long as my mag. I think it's going on 11 yrs? I've never had to do ANYTHING with it, fill it and hook it up... As for custmer service, I feel the best customer service is the one you don't have to deal with. AGD is the same way, my mag has been going strong since the day I bought it, so why do I need customer service. The few dealings I have had with both companies(mostly questions) have been great. I have no complaints. A quality product, is the BEST customer service any company can provide. Period.

CM

Exactly the same as CM here - I had one of the first Unireg with hardline AA systems then moved to a FS 'Raptor' system in about 94 - not had a single problem with it in all that time.

The thing that sums it up for me is that Airgun Designs Europe and Air America Europe are both run by the same guy. Both companies put quality above everything else.

Muzikman
03-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Most HPA systems out there are only a single stage reg any way. I have been running AA systems sicne I started using HPA, which was some place around 95.

Darkstorm
03-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Their sales and service is great. I asked them to see if they could do a special order for me and they gave it a shot. No one else was even willing to try.

Darkstorm

FalconGuy016
03-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Ive heard a ton of good things about them

Jerhew
03-21-2003, 08:06 PM
well i just picked up a raptor rex
haven't even used it yet as i'm waiting for the rest of my setup to arrive(pro-connect)
but i do like the warranty
i ordered it from their website...
i received no less than 3 emails telling me the exact status of my tank
letting me know they were processing it and letting me know that it shipped(same day)
so...so far i'm impressed with the customer service
and i yet to hear of a complaint from anyone really

Brak
03-22-2003, 11:40 AM
i got a used raptor rex, and it was in crap condition, and when i filled it it leaked and hissed all over the place. their customer service is amazing. all i did was email them with my problem and serial number, and i sent it in, got it back in about 2 weeks working like a charm. their tanks are very good otherwise, and the good part is the reg lifetime warranty. you can break the reg as many times as you want, and they will always stand behind their stuff and fix it.

thats why if i were you i would buy a used AA tank. i found a great deal on a 68/45 raptor rex, and i just sent it in and it worked great. if you can find a deal on one, jump on it, because even if its bad, you can just send it in

this is my first HPA tank, so i cant be a judge on performance and weight. all i know is that it puts air in my gun and makes it shoot. thats good enough for me

Jerhew
03-22-2003, 05:16 PM
well heck
brand new raptor rex 68/4500's are $190 on the AA website...
can't beat it

paint magnet
03-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the help.

MacDev just emailed me back, and it turns out that a 68/45 Conquest is over a full pound lighter and roughly the same length as a 68/45 Apoc. Since I've heard great things about them too, it looks like I will be going with them, although I will certainly keep AGD and AA tanks in mind when I upgrade my mag.

magmonkey
03-23-2003, 10:48 AM
on our team we have three gedons and my backup gun has a older stainless apocolipse and the only problem we have had was two reg seats went bad , but for the amount of use these tanks get, two .59 cent parts isn't a big deal :) I would recomend them.

FlagCarrier
03-23-2003, 07:19 PM
what does everyone think a good price would be for a 68/4500 apocalypse, last hydro-tested october 2001? i might buy one from a friend.