PDA

View Full Version : Webby got a brand new mag! (sing to James Browns Poppa got a brand new bag)

Webmaster
03-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Woot - I just got my Xmag from the UPS man! Here are some first impressions!

Well I ordered a Shatner Purple, but this is the lighter more standard Magenta. Eh - what ever. Im lucky I got one period. Its #177 - which is cool because other than 44, 7 is my lucky number.

Lets take a look at what we got.

Milling: Excellent lines. Clean with no chatter. Very nicely done.

Polish/Ano: The polish is great, VERY shiny. You can tell the body and grip are different if you loook REAL close (I think its because one is extruded and one is milled... different stock? I dunno). Not a big deal unless you like looking at your gun from 6" away. The ano is bright and even. You can see a slight difference between the breach and the body - but like Tom said, thats from the heat differences from the different sizes of metal.

barrel: I like the design, a one piece that looks like a two peice. Disappointed with the construction, as there are rings in the first 3" of the barrel. This may not effect accuracy, but it should be a nice smooth bore. Oh well maybe I got a bum one, and I have a whole bag of cocker barrels.

packaging: nice to see AGD trying. Had a color cover on the box. The gun was safe in custom stryrofoam cut outs. They have the XMag and LvL 10 instructions on CD! GREAT IDEA!

The Xmag cd didnt play well at first, but once I got in it was fine. The LvL 10 one (on a COOL credit card sized cd) didnt want to play. My CDROM at work is kind of funky some times so I am going to try it at home and see if I have better luck. Still GREAT idea!

Misc: got charger, lube, and another 1/8" allen, as well as an extra black oring and yellow pin. One thing missing - warp link cable. But I have extras of that.

Over all VERY VERY impressed. Its light, tight, and outtasight. I am taking it to the local store to show off - and then I am playing with it this weekend. And then I wilL TRY to take some pics sunday.

OH and the LCD says 24bps - thats insane! Can my halo keep up with that?

Good Job AGD - very happy on my end!

NOW - you all need to buy my emag so I can afford this darn thing!

Skoad
03-21-2003, 01:03 PM
no fair ;(

pics NOW not sunday!

Will Wood
03-21-2003, 01:38 PM
You lucky, lucky, person.

PICS! NOW! lol.

magman007
03-21-2003, 01:43 PM
actually if you dont mind...show us the credit card sized cd as well! I got the x-mag one, but no credit card lookin one for my sfl

cphilip
03-21-2003, 02:29 PM
cphilips X mag scheduled for delivery today has somehow been screwed up by UPS! Its on a truck somewhere with no intention of delivery today. And I paid for Two day so it would be and I have now sat in my office all day waiting for it.

I am a little pissed at this time....

Webmaster
03-21-2003, 02:36 PM
cphillip

HAHA UPS hates you!

cphilip
03-21-2003, 02:39 PM
the feeling is mutual at this moment... Its not going to be pretty what I am doing about it either...

(cphilip polished up each cartridge of his .375 Magnum hollow points)

cphilip
03-21-2003, 02:41 PM
The freakin inept little crap head scanned it out as rescheduled at 11:13 this morning WITHOUT EVEN COMING!!!!

synreal
03-21-2003, 02:44 PM
hound them, thats what i do when they try that nonsense here. piss and moan long enough and they'll send the driver back around during a break.

cphilip
03-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Ok they just called me back...get this...

They decided that it was there at the Transfer station all along. Even when I went over there and they said it was on the Delivery truck. Now it showed out to delivery but now they claim it never was! Seems someone decided that since the University Students were on Spring Break that no one would be here so why bother! So they just didn't. They threw it on a bulk truck and DO NOT want to go look for it!

However I have insisted they do...waiting on a call back now. Can you believe this?

cphilip
03-21-2003, 02:51 PM
I am about to go Postal on them.... hold me back!

synreal
03-21-2003, 02:52 PM
sadly, yes

cphilip
03-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Now does this look like it was out for delivery at sometime today?

X Mag tracking (http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&sort_by=status&tracknums_displayed=5&TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&button_index=201&loc=en_US&InquiryNumber1=1Z+613+257+0241474193&InquiryNumber2=&InquiryNumber3=&InquiryNumber4=&InquiryNumber5=&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&track.x=29&track.y=11)

covadsucks
03-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Call them and ask if you can pick it up as a Will Call this evening. If the UPS Hub is close enough, just drive over and get it in person so you can shoot it this weekend. Also, UPS is laying off like mad, so they are only letting dolts and bombastic simpletons drive the routes. Sorry bout the wait Philip.

-the other Philip.

cphilip
03-21-2003, 02:55 PM
They scanned to to be delivered and someone just decided it was not worth trying!!!!! AND ITS MARKED 2ND DAY!!!!!

cphilip
03-21-2003, 02:57 PM
They changed their mind and found it and I am on my way!!!!

Be picts up later!

Mossman
03-21-2003, 03:04 PM
woot, Phil's hard work and agrivation pays off!

Webby, sounds sweet but we need pics!

Fatjon
03-21-2003, 04:15 PM
Yea i officaly stoped using UPS. I traded guns with wallace9111 here on AO. And UPS's site did not update but two times. It never said anything about where it was at. It still said it was in GA 4 days after i shiped it. And he lives in Cali. It really pissed me off. It sort of made me look like a bad trader.

Webmaster
03-21-2003, 04:30 PM
I should rename this "Cphillip highjacks my thread to whine and moan about UPS service"

OMG - UPS bad - you dont say!

WARPED1
03-21-2003, 06:33 PM
We want pics tonight not sunday!:p

PzYcO
03-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Delivered on: Mar 21, 2003 3:30 P.M.
Signed by: CARROLL

looks like it was delivered to me..

WARPED1
03-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Webmaster
I should rename this "Cphillip highjacks my thread to whine and moan about UPS service"

OMG - UPS bad - you dont say!
Let cphilip complain, he's earned it just having to wait for the dern XMag................:D

cphilip
03-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Hehe...sorry bout dat Webby but when you posted I was realy about to explode and I saw yours was in and I just went like WHY!!!!!!WHY can the do ONE thing right and...well...you know the rest. I had just heard from them whining to me not wanting to go out to the truck and get it and I was totaly pissed. Had to vent.

But as you note I did indeed take off and get it.

And I spent the rest of the afternoon setting it up and testing it out till the batteries ran down. Prolly put a half a case through it me and the kid. My SCUBA is down to only giving 2K fills but I emptied a few tanks or four at that pressure fills. I am now sanding my Halo neck for a fit. Had to use a Revy on it for the testing. Still not got the knack on the Roller Trigger yet but its fast and light and sleek and shiney and...well...here it is!

cphilip
03-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Oh here then...

cphilip
03-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by PzYcO
Delivered on: Mar 21, 2003 3:30 P.M.
Signed by: CARROLL

looks like it was delivered to me..

No... thats me going over there and getting it! :(

WARPED1
03-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Nice c-dawg! Makes me almost weant to get on the 6 month waiting list:rolleyes: .............

painball
03-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Webby you live in KC. Cool. You should take it out to W.W Paintball in Olathe tomorrow. I'll be there and I wanna see it!!