PDA

View Full Version : Serial Numbers

rdb123
03-21-2003, 01:05 PM
What's the point of having serial numbers on the valves of the guns in order to track down stolen markers if all you would need to do is switch valves and no one would know the gun is stolen? Are there serial numbers engraved on the body anywhere that I don't know about (particularly on an SFL)? ;)

This was just another question I was wondering about in addition to what is AGD planning on doing for the people who can only use CO2 now that they are phasing everyone to XValves.

Thanks for any answers

-Ron

rdb123
03-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Also, when you trade in your valve for an Xvalve, does AGD engrave the old serial number onto the new Xvalve?

fire1811
03-21-2003, 01:13 PM
C02 is the devil :D

i wondered the serial number thing too but?????

rdb123
03-21-2003, 01:23 PM
I don't see why AGD would close down that part of the market. Moreso, for newbies since they are unlikely to buy a nitro system right off the bat.

Before, they could just buy a classic mag and a cheap CO2 tank as their first setup. Is AGD counting on them buying a 200 dollar nitro setup that is worth nearly as much as the gun?

AGD's a small company and I don't see why they'd want to cut out potential revenue. ;)

WARPED1
03-21-2003, 01:38 PM
You can get a cheap 47ci 3k tank for usualy no more than 80 dollars. Best to just save the cash and buy it straight away.

digitard
03-21-2003, 01:40 PM
You can buy a preset tank for under 150 ...

Try to fire a co2 tank as fast as an Emag (lets say 13bps) and see if you dont get shoot down, hot shots, etc.

Remember, CO2 is very temperature sensitive ... and the RT valve series does get pretty warm after a string of shots and that could set off the CO2 change.

Also, everything thats being phased to Xvalves (Emag, RT, Xmag) were already using RT based valves which are HPA only anyhow ... the classics still can go CO2 .. so there's no difference there.

Well thast my reasoning at least ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

KayleAGD
03-21-2003, 01:47 PM
Part of the trade-in effort is to get the 12 year old valves out of circulation. With the improved machining and assembly the parts are now more standard and interchangable. In addition the newer mags have a defined warrenty program backed by AGD. As for the CO2 question I feel AGD wants all of the high end players that can switch to compressed air to do so. The guns made for just the rec. player will still be able to run CO2 and be "upgradable" to a higher end gun. the x-valve serial numbers started where the retro valve numbers ended..

rdb123
03-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the answer. So I assume that when you trade in for an XValve, you get a brand new serial number as well?

Mook564
03-21-2003, 01:59 PM
As far as the serial numbers, I think it would be a good idea to carve the numbers into the main body rail also.

banzaimf
03-21-2003, 02:06 PM
MM 1321 will be mine till the day I DIE!!!! I don't care if I can get an X-valve for it!

tobz
03-21-2003, 02:10 PM
if this is a rumor or not...

but I heard that CO2 is in the works to be banned. I guess that in it's form that we use for paintball it's too dense or something and is some sort of O.zone killer. Please don't flame me, I'm just passing on knowledge, but I"m asking mainly, IS THAT TRUE?

Any help would be appreciated in my research.
Thanks.

T.J.

banzaimf
03-21-2003, 02:17 PM
Funny thing about CO2, For all that we humans use, the earth still creates over 99% of the CO2 emissions each year.

rdb123
03-22-2003, 11:02 PM
up (still looking for answers...thanks)

sneakyhacker420
03-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by banzaimf
MM 1321 will be mine till the day I DIE!!!! I don't care if I can get an X-valve for it!

SAME! no one will ever take valve #MM06401 from me... even though i dont have the matching back half :rolleyes:

serial #'s on the newer guns (eg: x-mag) are traced to the color of the gun and whatnot, not just the valve itself

slushee
03-25-2003, 01:58 PM
And didn't Tom once say that the XValve bodies, being made from aluminium, would need to be replaced every so often .. meaning that if everyone had the XValve, they would be making more money with ppl having to purchase replacement valve bodies unlike us Stainless Steel RT and ReTro Valve owners?

hitech
03-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by tobz
if this is a rumor or not...

but I heard that CO2 is in the works to be banned.

I heard that also, in about 1993. Not to say it hasn't resurfaced.