PDA

View Full Version : E-mag Owners

highzakite
03-21-2003, 01:59 PM
I just won an auction on ebay for an emag and cant wait to get it. I was originally in the market for a new rt-pro, but due to back orders, and having found such a great deal on ebay, I bought the Emag.

Besides a level X, what else would you guys recommend upgrading? Ive heard the stock grip is not that comfortable, which Dye stickies will fit? The gun has a stock barrel on it and I was thinking about getting a 12" boomstick. My buddy is trying to get me to buy a full freak kit. Is is really worth the extra 80 bucks? Any help, comments, suggestions, or troubleshooting tips to help out a noobie emag owner would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Dayspring
03-21-2003, 02:04 PM
No. Dye stickies will not fit. Talk to Frymaker & Shartley, though, she/he both do custom grips.

The Freak is good if you use inconsistent paint sizes. It'll allow you to have the best paint to barrel match. If you play at ONE place with ONE paint, then the boomy is fine.

Mook564
03-21-2003, 02:04 PM
As far as a barrel kit goes, I would suggest a J&J Edge kit. The freek kits use inserts where the J&J kits use full back bores. Also the J&J kits are only about $150 for a full kit to go on a MAG. The Freek kits are about $200.

digitard
03-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the Emag family

:)

Now go throw a wall of paint

Sincerely,
Dave K

jayloo
03-21-2003, 02:47 PM
It is already perfectly upgraded. Besides a different feeding body and some cumtom grips there is really nothing to do. No mainstream company makes grips for the emag. You have to contact shartly/frymarker. They are both great dealers.

Instad of a boomstick with a steel back (which is heavier) you might want to get an all aluminum setup. The J&J edge is perfect, can be all aluminum and is quiet. Stay away from the freak for a mag it is bad news. Do a search and you will see what I mean.

Quiet
03-21-2003, 05:42 PM
Uh, dude.
There's nothing wrong with freaks on mags, mine works beautifully and I know a lot of other swear by them.

TippmannMan
03-21-2003, 07:30 PM
i think the grip is quite comfortable the way it is. frankly i never hold my grip the way it was meant to be held unless im not playing.

FalconGuy016
03-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Awesome :) I wish someday I could get something like that

could we have the link though ? :)

puckmaster
03-22-2003, 01:50 AM
I saw some J&J barel kits with four backs and 1 front for $115.00 over at www.paintball-discounters.com.

ReTro Boy
03-22-2003, 10:48 AM
LX and you are good to go.

I'll agree with jayloo...I and my family (all Emaggers) have had nothing but problems with our mag Freaks. We tried and tried and then my brother-in-law put his boomstick on just for fun, and it was MUCH more accurate. There is something about the inserts and the twist lock barrel system that just doesn't work well.

We all have Freaks on our other guns though (Cocker, Imp, Shocker), but we go with fixed bore barrels on our mags.

highzakite
03-22-2003, 11:43 AM
YOU GUYS HERE AT AO ARE AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks for all the great info. What paint works best with the Emag and Boomstick? Diablo Blaze? Does AGD sell a video for the Emag?

SlipknotX556
03-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Yes they still have the video for the emag.

Best paint for the boomstick I think is PMI premieum. I use a boomstick on my emag, that paint works fine. But my emag isnt used that much anymore, due to the new addition to the family of the blue to black 2k2 timmy. :)

darklord
03-22-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned ULE... definitely get a freak, they're well worth it. There are numerous upgrades for an e-mag:

ULE body rail
ULE trigger frame
X-valve
Blade trigger
custom grips/battery house
Different body (most are powerfeed, stock, no-rise bodies and ULE bodies offer a choice for centerfeed)
Roller trigger

Those are the upgrades I can think of, at least, on the gun, I would say a freak, but that's really more of a universal gun upgrade... I'd definitely go with a barrel kit first. If you think your gun is too heavy, get the ULE stuff, and the x-valve. It's all about preference. There are also new bodies in development (xtreme depot, deadlywind, PBX, etc.) that are based on the slug body, and have custom milling.

Dayspring
03-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Many of my teammates with Emags that run freak systems have YET to have problems. I think it might be an isolated case.

Originally posted by ReTro Boy
LX and you are good to go.

I'll agree with jayloo...I and my family (all Emaggers) have had nothing but problems with our mag Freaks. We tried and tried and then my brother-in-law put his boomstick on just for fun, and it was MUCH more accurate. There is something about the inserts and the twist lock barrel system that just doesn't work well.

We all have Freaks on our other guns though (Cocker, Imp, Shocker), but we go with fixed bore barrels on our mags.