PDA

View Full Version : trigger stop?

TheJester
03-21-2003, 10:13 PM
i've noticed w/ my intelliframe and x-valve, i only need about 1/2 the trigger pull length for it to fire. it's a little hard to get a good judgement cause everytime it fires my finger goes back forward becuase of the reactiveness. now i know all i have to do it just take the trigger out and put a set screw in there but any 1 else ever do this? any 1 have an idea on the size and length of the set screw? how about any have any pics? thanks

ß.C.
03-21-2003, 11:50 PM
I had a benchy frame that had a trigger stop and the new medusas have them too. If you have money to burn I'd suggest to try them out. If the chrome medusa looks sweet I'd do it.

TheJester
03-22-2003, 09:03 AM
i would rather not burn that kind of money when i already have an intelliframe

Xerces
03-22-2003, 09:08 AM
i don't see the point of a trigger stop if shoots so fast you cant tell where it actually fires

TheJester
03-22-2003, 09:15 AM
the point of it is that i only need about 1/2 the pull, and what's the point of having all the extra slack? it will actually increase my rate of fire more because it would bottom out at the same spot it shoots, so i'm not still pulling it back further after it's already fired

azheat99
03-22-2003, 09:24 AM
This may help.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26894&highlight=trigger

Muzikman
03-22-2003, 10:15 AM
You do not need, nor do you want to put a trigger stop on an Intelliframe. AGD made this frame to the tightest possible tolerances for their guns and still operate. Putting one in can cause problems.

athomas
03-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Yes, you can put a stop in. Just make sure the trigger pull stops past the point of the sear releasing the bolt. That way your gun will fire every time.

I agree, why pull the trigger farther than needed. Its wasted time in both directions, both pulling and returning.

back2integrity
03-26-2003, 05:18 PM
This is what I did, and it works great. You know those coin rollers that banks ask you to use if you're going to deposit a whole bunch of coins? Well, I took one, ripped it in half, doubled it over a few times, and just placed it where you would have put a screw inside the frame. Then i screwed the trigger frame back on the gun, and it works wonderfully. Best of all, I can just take it out if I want with no hassel at all. You could probably do this with any paper.