PDA

View Full Version : Hell yeah, Maryland

Coaster
03-22-2003, 12:10 AM
Drew Nicholas hit a buzzer beater to win the game. They are going all the way, again!!!!!

Timmee
03-22-2003, 08:24 AM
You know, I'd seriously like to see a rematch of last year's UConn/Maryland game. Even though UConn lost, it was a very good game (and might offer us some payback :D ).

1stdeadeye
03-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Hehehe

Xerces
03-22-2003, 09:15 AM
GO TERPS!!!

Kevmaster
03-22-2003, 12:24 PM
F the terps. they arnt gettin past the sweet 16

1stdeadeye
03-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
F the terps. they arnt gettin past the sweet 16

Oh Yeah, I am a goober! ;)

And you sir obviously did not pass grammer!:p

You are just jealous of the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!

Kevmaster
03-22-2003, 01:48 PM
hey, go win it twice in a row, then win the ACC championship 5 times in a row, go to the final four 9 times of 17 years and then come back and talk, OK?

cphilip
03-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Was that the game against UNC Wilmington? If so and you had to beat em at the buzzer I sure wouldn't be so confident if I was you.

1stdeadeye
03-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Was that the game against UNC Wilmington? If so and you had to beat em at the buzzer I sure wouldn't be so confident if I was you.

Hold on there CPhil! Did you watch the whole game? Didn't think so. Maryland got royally screwed by the refs the entire second half. Ghost calls, etc.. That final foul call against MD was a clean block. Even the announcers agreed. The refs even tried to take away Drew's Game winning basket when the shot was so abvioulsy before the buzzer!

Kev,
Remember 1992 and Laetners turn around shot with less then a second left. The clock started on time for MD and they still pulled it out. BTW I went to Maryland and graduated there! Did you go to duke, or just live nearby?:p Who has a bigger stake in their team?:p Watch the Terps push now!

cphilip
03-22-2003, 09:19 PM
No it was not on here. But I expected them to destroy UNC W though so I was a little shocked to hear they barely won!

Coaster
03-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

The refs even tried to take away Drew's Game winning basket when the shot was so abvioulsy before the buzzer!

There is a rule that says if a shot goes off at the buzzer(on or about) that they much check it with video.

1stdeadeye
03-23-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Coaster

There is a rule that says if a shot goes off at the buzzer(on or about) that they much check it with video.

Yes, But the shot was almost to the basket when the buzzer went off. I was having visions of the Indiana Game when they waived off Steve Blake's shot! That too was clearly released while the light was on! Maryland has not gotten the benefit of the doubt or the calls all season.

I mean, before this game, someone stole 3 of their uniforms and MD had to change colors!

Also, 1992 Duke. Laettner's shot was so late, yet allowed. Duke ran the table. Watch out for MD. Besides I don't think Duke can beat Kansas. *Note will be pulling for Duke, would LOVE MD-Duke Rematch!

TigerMan
03-23-2003, 08:32 AM
UNC-Wilmington is a pretty good team. They knocked off USC last year and they almost made it to the Sweet 16.

The comfort fans who dislike Duke get is that when there players go to the NBA, they don't pan out.

Star_Base_CGI
03-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Maryland is a Ghetto. I hate it here.

Soon as they win they will be looting and rioting in the streets.

Yup Americas best and brightest burn their beds in the streets, set car on fire. This is what your parents are paying for and the dorms are derty. The students get Legoinares desease, Hepatitis, and insert other from the dertyness.

Save your money and get your kids a job with your friends company.

DryIce
03-23-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Star_Base_CGI

Yup Americas best and brightest burn their beds in the streets, set car on fire. This is what your parents are paying for and the dorms are derty. The students get Legoinares desease, Hepatitis, and insert other from the dertyness.

and i for one, plan on being there when it all happens...
and atleast I can spell dirty... your college edumacation obviously surpasses that of a UMD student.

Multi-Colored J
03-23-2003, 06:03 PM

The students get Legoinares desease, Hepatitis, and insert other from the dertyness.

Looks like they didnt have their shots!

SpongeBobSquarePants
03-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Bah maryland, wake is the only team that will make it to the final four out of the ACC. Kentuckey and UConn will meet in the championship and Kentuckey will win. I know, I have ESPN, errr ESP.

slateman
03-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
Bah maryland, wake is the only team that will make it to the final four out of the ACC. Kentuckey and UConn will meet in the championship and Kentuckey will win. I know, I have ESPN, errr ESP.

Wake Forest was beaten by Auburn!

Oh and Maryland, well I just got one thing to say...

SWEET 16 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TransMan
03-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

Also, 1992 Duke. Laettner's shot was so late, yet allowed. Duke ran the table. Watch out for MD. Besides I don't think Duke can beat Kansas. *Note will be pulling for Duke, would LOVE MD-Duke Rematch!
I could go my entire life with out seeing that replay one more time :mad:

Kentucky all the way! :D

*EDIT* whoa just noticed my post count 1985 year i was born woot lol

Kevmaster
03-23-2003, 07:27 PM
i could go the rest of my life seeing that play each day :)

and if you look atit, there are .2 seconds left when the ball leaves his hand. no doubt about that being late.....

PS: I've lived in Durham for 18 years, my parents and grandparents all went to Duke undergrad(a few for grad) and with some luck I'll be there next year....I'll let you know in about 15 days

Star_Base_CGI
03-23-2003, 07:38 PM
Can you spell Spinal Menengitis!

Maryland will burn tonight!

1stdeadeye
03-23-2003, 07:39 PM
{i]Originally posted by Kevmaster [/i]
i could go the rest of my life seeing that play each day :)

and if you look atit, there are .2 seconds left when the ball leaves his hand. no doubt about that being late.....

I know, they started the clock late though! ;)

PS: I've lived in Durham for 18 years, my parents and grandparents all went to Duke undergrad(a few for grad) and with some luck I'll be there next year....I'll let you know in about 15 days

Good luck, the MD-Duke rivalry is fun and I'll enjoy tormenting you!

BTW_ Maryland Rocked #3 seed Xavier! 77-64! Yeah baby--Go Terps! 3 ACC in the final 4???? That would rock!

TransMan
03-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Well UK played liek crap but there goin to the sweet 16 which is nice

Kevmaster
03-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Duke MD is not a rivalry. Its just heightened now because our freinds down the road have sucked the past couple of years

1stdeadeye
03-24-2003, 10:41 AM

Hey it isn't that bad! I lived in Hellicott, er Ellicott my freshman year! Any good Quad yells lately?

Besides when you move off campus, it only gets better!;)

Trench
03-24-2003, 05:31 PM
My brother lived at the Naval Acadamy and it was a great area... Very nice a pleasant...

(WAR EAGLE)