PDA

View Full Version : in the manual it says........

frost
03-22-2003, 11:42 AM
in the manual on page 9 it says in large print NO OT USE A SIPHON TANK. IT WILL NOT WORK AND WILL MOST LIKELY DAMaGE THE PAINTBALL MARKER!! does this mean u can not use a normal co2 tank with an automag. i know theres an area for co2 useage but ive ask if it ok to us a normal co2 tank and they said yes itll be fine. but now in the manual it sayingthat. so what should i do i am trying to buy a n2 as fast as i can but my parent think i dont need and if i play like 10 times then i can get it. but if its saying that it will likely damage the marker i dont want to us co2. i played $280 of my money my mommy and daddy didnt unlike somepeople i know

p.s. im running the tko setup

jah871
03-22-2003, 12:08 PM
well the siphon tank will be only liquid. if you get an anti-siphon tank it will help. i ran my mag off of co2 for 6-8 months with a remote and it was fine. you should be fine if you get and anti-siphon tank or run a remtote. depening on how you have the gun setup with hoses and xchamber you may be able to use a regular tank on it too, however i have not had much luck running a regular tank on a mag with xchamber. hope this clears things up a bit:)

Meph
03-22-2003, 08:37 PM
For use of a regular CO2 tank (best with anti-siphon) the automag will do well. As long as you don't get liquid in there. Like when walking around and having the barrel pointing toward the ground, the tank will be verticle letting liquid go straight into the ASA and in the reg/valve chamber. Not good.

The automag is designed for both CO2 and HPA in mind. There are even some teflon O-rings (like the on/off pin area for example) which are made with CO2 in mind.

I wouldn't be too too worried about it. And even if something goes wrong, mags aren't exactly too difficult to fix.