PDA

View Full Version : What knid of on/off do you use?

Cryer
03-22-2003, 01:10 PM
I recently bought a Shocktech on/off ASA, and I can't turn it off when the line has pressure in it. The knob just won't turn. So I'm going to replace it with something else... Which brings up the question: As per your experience, what is the best on/off? I've had 32*, Shocktech, and tried a CP. Of those 3, I like the CP. But before I spend money on one I want to see if there's a better one out there thats easier to turn on and off...

I saw one on/off one time that had a lever or a switch on the front instead of a knob. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

darklord
03-22-2003, 01:15 PM
I have a CP on/off, it's alright, the only thing I don't like about it is that the knob is hard to turn and it won't turn the tank off even when you use pliers to turn the knob "off"...

spacemanspiff
03-22-2003, 04:54 PM
I have the systemX drop with on/off. Its nice not to hard to turn off with pressure still in the line.

rehme
03-22-2003, 04:57 PM
the new kapps ones are really hard to turn off this is almost no leverage at all on it

BajaBoy
03-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by rehme
the new kapps ones are really hard to turn off this is almost no leverage at all on it

thats not true at all, i have a dz2k by kapp (the new one) its really easy to turn off and on.

sniper1rfa
03-22-2003, 05:43 PM
benchies are real nice. its stiff, but they are all around very solid.

Skoad
03-22-2003, 05:50 PM
i have a 32* and it isn't too bad. Just make sure the knob's threads are clean and maybe oil them everyonce in a while.

the hard part of turning it is because its sooo close to my gas thru's bottom macro elbow

Crazy
03-22-2003, 06:15 PM
my kapp one turns real easily... maybe you just got a defective one:confused:

theraidenproject
03-22-2003, 06:53 PM
My Kapp one turns easily, but takes forever to turn off, when you're going from the full on position. I lost 1k psi once when my emag was leaking out the barrel. I now set my proconnect up so it stops gas to the valve instantly (I stupidly had it backwards on the ASA, instead of the right way on the valve, so it really didn't do anything). So, in other words, try to find one with a lever on/off or get a proconnect and whatever ASA you want.

Cryer
03-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by theraidenproject
So, in other words, try to find one with a lever on/off...

What kind has a lever on/off? Where can I find one?

theraidenproject
03-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

What kind has a lever on/off? Where can I find one?
I dunno. I can't remember actually seeing one, but I'm sure they exist. Or, save yourself some money, buy a standard ASA, and get one of these:
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/dev/New_pics/fitting-on7off-npt.JPG
The pic is from Palmers site, but they are sold out. I don't know where else you could get one, but I'm sure you could find one.

Blennidae
03-23-2003, 12:19 AM
I have the KAPP as well. I have the old kind with the milled knob and the new kind with the knurled knob with a jewel in it.

The new kind is much easier to use. The old kind did not allow for much leverage, and the edges of the milled grooves were a bit sharp.

FYI: if you use the lever on/off in the post above mine, you will lose some air as you unscrew the tank from the ASA, as the pin is still depressed. The on/off ASAs let the pin up so the tank is "off" before you unscrew it.

Sparq
03-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Smart Parts inline high pressure Smart valve. It's awesome, except for the difficulty getting it off the tank when under pressure (sometimes). Only requires only 1/4 turn to switch, it has a bleed hole for the tank on the female end, and screws right into your ASA on the male end. I love it....it also moved my tank back about 2 inches, for the perfect fit :)

http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/onoff.jpg

Quiet
03-23-2003, 03:28 PM
The CP has worked well for me, I have no problems turning it off.

FutureMagOwner
03-23-2003, 04:51 PM
i just ordered a shock tech stub drop and on off when it comes ill tell you about it and see if you have a poor one or something

taylor492
03-23-2003, 06:11 PM
i have a cp and there is a little tension when theres pressure in the line but its nothing a little elbow grease cant handle

G-Rock
03-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by theraidenproject

I dunno. I can't remember actually seeing one, but I'm sure they exist. Or, save yourself some money, buy a standard ASA, and get one of these:
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/dev/New_pics/fitting-on7off-npt.JPG
The pic is from Palmers site, but they are sold out. I don't know where else you could get one, but I'm sure you could find one.

Shocktech and Warped sports sells these same things. I use one on each of my AIRS and they work great.

chris geiger