PDA

View Full Version : RT problem (leaking out back)

Oddball
03-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Hello
A friend asked me to look at his old style RT for him. The problem is that at any input pressure over 600 psi, the gun starts to leak out the back. The gun fires ok if the pressure is below this, down to about 500 psi where is stops being able to fire.
I took the valve apart and inspected the o-rings and such, only a few things seemed wrong. First, after seperating the two halfs of the valve, the small o-ring that sits in the back part seems to fit into the hole fairly loosely. Changing this o-ring had no effect, still seemed loose and still leaked over 600psi. The second thing is after removing the rod from the front half, the one with several o-rings and the brass piece with 4 grooves cut into it, the metal shim-type rings were pretty beat up. At least a few broke up completely and there is 2 on there now that have about 1/4 of it missing, but not enought for it to fall off yet. Could this be the problem.
One more thing, the higher the input pressure, the faster the leak. No leak below 600, then a small piss leak, and at 800psi it is whisiling (sp?).
As I said the gun still works but with the input pressure this low there is very little kick back on the trigger and staving of the gun at higher ROF.
Thanks for any help.
Todd

Tunaman
03-22-2003, 02:52 PM
That valve needs to be completely overhauled. Obviously, there are metal shavings in the valve somewhere. Sounds like the reg piston is no good...I would be happy to fix it if you send it to me.;) :D