PDA

View Full Version : Impulse experts please help...

-=Squid=-
03-22-2003, 10:14 PM
I am considering upgrading to a max-flo tank for my gun, and ditching the max-flo reg. Now, if I did that would I buy the regulator only from paintballgear.com and have a hydrotester or somebody switch the tank regs? Then I would have no need for an on gun reg, since the tank is adjustable correct? Thanks for any help, if I am missing anything, please please please inform me.

Xen
03-22-2003, 11:09 PM
yea if you have an adjustable tank then you dont need another reg, just keep the input below like 230 or bye bye impulse ;)

-=Squid=-
03-22-2003, 11:15 PM
Could elaborate on everything I must do please?

Ultimator
03-22-2003, 11:20 PM
The reg you would order from pbgear would be a reg for screw-in tanks. You would have to have a screw in tank to screw into that. But if you can find a max-flo tank reg, yes you can get a proshop to switch bottles. You have to make sure you get the right reg for the right tank (ie don't get a 3000 psi rated reg for a 4500 psi tank.)

I'm sure you can order these from Smart Parts but the tanks are not cheap, so the tank regs will probably cost a bundle.

-=Squid=-
03-23-2003, 12:31 AM
nonono....the regs from pbgear.com are not for screw in. They are tank regulators. I am not a complete idiot ;)

Xen
03-23-2003, 02:39 AM
yea squid have a hydro tester or an airsmith put a bottle on that reg, remember its 4500 so if you put a 3k bottle and over fill that is a bad thing. But yea impy's only need 1 regulator, thas why they are the best! :D

Mossman
03-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Yep, you can do what you're talking about.

Ive got a old style maxflo LP (what you need for impulse), 4500psi reg I'd sell. It's on an out of hydro 114 bottle, so its almost not worth hydroing it cuz I dont have a gun that's LP and i sure as heck dont need a 114.

Lemme know if you'd be interested in buying just the reg, I'd cut ya a deal and hook you up with pics.
-Sam

-=Squid=-
03-23-2003, 12:50 PM
emm... I dont think I will be interested any time soon, unless its blue and the new style.