PDA

View Full Version : Looks like paintballcity is dead

thecavemankevin
03-22-2003, 11:33 PM
Well, i am not sure if it is new news or not but i only go there when i am board. but its no longer there.

Oh-well

Let that be a leason to all other forums, you try to charge for membership and you will kill yourself!

-=Squid=-
03-23-2003, 12:34 AM
ewww...they charged for membership? I did not know that. Jeez, you would think that they would realise that there are OOGLES of good forums for free.. :rolleyes:

Koosh
03-23-2003, 12:45 AM
I know they charged for members like a year or two ago, but didn't they stop a while back because literally zero people signed up for it? I stopped going there when it became unreliable. I could never tell if the forums would be Up or Down at any given moment, unlike AO which is always here :D :cool:

thecavemankevin
03-23-2003, 01:44 AM
they charged for only like 6-9months or something like that. But it failed horribly and they lost a ton of members. they then made it free again, but it was too late.

Then after that they started haveing tons of problems with crashes.

Kinda funny, it use to be THE paintball forum site on the net for many years.

Cliffio
03-23-2003, 01:53 AM
yeah i use to post alot before it went pay, and then i paid for a little while, and then i never went after it was free and all the <B>*POOF*</B> came back

good riddance, lets hope all the idiots go to pbn and not here

Cliff

<B>Warning: No Cussing</B> -Miscue

GT
03-23-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio

good riddance, lets hope all the idiots go to pbn and not here

ahh,
thanks cliff i love PBN and I am a paying member. I figured I have whored so much merchendise over there that I should have paid for some of thier server/bandwith use:D

jb

TigerMan
03-23-2003, 08:37 AM
It might be the final nail in the coffin for PBC I guess then. I remember there good days, and it be the place to go if you had something to sell because so many people went there you increased the chance of selling your stuff quicker (AO though we know is the best truly due to the best help with dealing scammers and such, and also the close knitness many people feel here with one another). Also, for the people who paid, weren't you promised a lot of stuff and never received it? That's something I heard, wasn't sure if it was true.

-=Squid=-
03-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

ahh,
thanks cliff i love PBN and I am a paying member. I figured I have whored so much merchendise over there that I should have paid for some of thier server/bandwith use:D

jb

Hey, I dont care but you better fix this before a mods does. Your sig is HUGE.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-23-2003, 03:00 PM
When PBC tried to become Warpig with all the other content that's when I knew it was going downhill. It never got updated enough and PBN had taken all of their members when it went pay-to-play so to speak.

Automaggin2
03-23-2003, 04:12 PM
when PBC first opened i was a member. Then they switched to pay and i stopped. I was a frequent member, i had alot of posts rackin up. And someone stole me name, Automaggot, which didnt make me happy.

thecavemankevin
04-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Dear PaintballCity.com Members,
I would like to take this opportunity to explain the recent downtime. A combination of lack of updates to the site and a problem with the host where our rack of servers reside has led to numerous changes to PaintballCity.com. First I have decided to purchase the rest of the site and take control of all maintenance and updates. Previously Adrenalin was a part owner but not responsible for such activities. Now that we are the sole owners of the site we will make the project a top priority and plan to take a fresh approach to the news, updates, special offers, and the Premium Memberships as previously promised (including numerous discounts and benefits), and a new Email system for all. While we have the servers shipped to our new host there will be continued downtime; however, I assure you that we are taking all steps to minimize this process and to ensure that when the site is back online, it will be better than ever!

Thank you for your patience.

James Graley
Administrator
PaintballCity.com

This was copied directly from paintballcity.com
So, it looks like they aren't dead....But as far as i am conserned, they might as well be dead. They should just take that old horse out to pasture and shoot it. Hell she has been in a wheel chair with 4 broken legs for like two years now!
To to let her go

IcantBelieveit
04-04-2003, 11:21 AM
now why would you say that Kevin....if it was your site..you would not want someone saying that about it :)

thecavemankevin
04-04-2003, 11:27 AM
yeah, but i also know when it is time to call it quites and start over. PBC now has somewhat of a bad rep ever since they tried to make it pay. That has left a lot of people uninterested in the site. They should just let that url go and start over. Perhaps put a link from the old home page and say, "hey check out a friend of ours new site."

Heck, i even have an idea for the url "whatwa$ithinking.com/damni'mdumb!"

TigerMan
04-04-2003, 08:58 PM
How many stories is this now they've had explaining problems? Not enough for one hand probably (maybe not enough for two).

I remember I had a good laugh when they tried to say how much it cost to actually run the board.

Benfica4ever
04-04-2003, 09:01 PM
Yea i was there, i liked how they did their sell and trade thing. does anyone know what happend?

GT
04-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Benfica4ever
Yea i was there, i liked how they did their sell and trade thing.

I didnt being a gun whore and having to fill all that crap out.

I think not!

WARPED1
04-04-2003, 10:07 PM
PBC was bought by Adrenaline, it will be back eventualy I bet.