PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy paint over the net?

GT
03-23-2003, 02:06 AM
Just wondering if it came unbroken? I was thinking of ordering some RPS from these folks.

http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=80&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

jb

PsychoBaller
03-23-2003, 02:23 AM
I don't trust shipping such fragile stuff in the mail....... let alone paint. Just hit up my local store, let them deal with getting paint shipped in, unbroken, and then selling me the good stuff.
I always ask If i can look inside the case before I buy it, to make sure none of the bags have broken paint in them.

~da baller

RetroEclipseMan
03-23-2003, 03:05 AM
Yeah don't epect to get it with no broken paint in the bags. Shipping paint is just not a good idea. A few people and I went up on 4 cases of the Worr paint from there a while back and just about every bag out of the 4 cases had at least 1 broken ball in it. I was too mad since we paid less than $40 a case for it and it was just practice paint anyways.

Rancid Milk
03-23-2003, 07:48 AM
I got paint shipped once buy paintballnumber1.com and when I got the paint it was all broken and ruined from sitting in a really hot truck for so long (it was in the middle of summer)

scrambler
03-23-2003, 07:52 AM
i've ordered aleast a dozen cases of paint through paintballgear.com and yet to have any broken paint. plus if order over $100 shipping is free. usually get in 2-3 days.

Bill

BarryTolar
03-23-2003, 08:01 AM
I order just about all my paint over the internet.

Paintballgear usually does a decent job but recently I've been getting a few breaks.

Firstcall does a fairly poor job of packaging but they will replace any broken paint so just clean it off and your good to go.

I recently ordered 8 cases of Anarchy from Paintballhouse.com (that's Natchez Shooters Supply for any real gun folks around) Came out to be 45 a case and not a single broken ball out of 16000 paintballs. I've also ordered from them in the past and had no broken paint.

Sure I'd support my local store but that's Walmart and I'm not fixing to pay what they want for what they have on the shelf.

Barry

BajaBoy
03-23-2003, 08:24 AM
ive ordered 5-6 caeses from 888, all perfect. Altho its over night to me (888's in south jersey) so it might not go threw things like other places

logamus
03-23-2003, 09:16 AM
i have never ordered paint over the net. i work for ups and i know what those boxes go through and i would feel more comfortable with paint shipped by freight on a pallet. i dont recall ever purchasing paint from my store and it having any breaks.

sniper1rfa
03-23-2003, 09:21 AM
i buy practice and rec paint from pbgear.com. i usually get big-ball, which is hard enough that i never get broken paint.

tourny paint i refuse to buy off the net, as it always comes broken.

thecavemankevin
03-23-2003, 12:17 PM
right out of the local pb store for me

andy13186
03-23-2003, 12:39 PM
i bought 3 cases from pbgear.com

2 pmi premiums one blaze, that 6000 balls, and not 1 was broken=)

ALSO they give free shipping for orderes over 100 dollars, so i got a 50 pound package shipped for free, its awesome=)

Prairie
03-23-2003, 12:45 PM
I order once a month, 30 dollar paint with 6 dollar shipping from first call...

Not 1 broken ball, oily paint, or damaged bags.

Even if it was broken, its replaced.

Blennidae
03-23-2003, 02:10 PM
I usually buy it at the local PB store. Like everyone else I don't really trust shipping. The local place always opens and checks the paint in my presence, so I know its good. I think its good to give them some business so they can stay IN business. Mail order is great on prices, but sometimes you need stuff or help that day.

B00bzor
03-23-2003, 10:25 PM
iv also orderd from paintballgear.com and its never camp broke

Richter
03-24-2003, 12:08 AM
bought from pbgear: no breaks but also remember common sense. If you ship it when it is freezing out your paint will be on a truck that is freezing. If it is hot as a volcano out then the truck that is deleivering it is jsut as hot or even hotter. It spring time and i think most peoples paint will be OK

I bought paint from pbgear no breaks- it was nelson hotspots and zap chronic

hope that helps
Shane

Tom Sparkman
03-24-2003, 01:09 PM
I've ordered many cases from pbgear.com with zero breaks, including Hellfire.

However, I now get a better deal than online from my local field (10 cases of HF for $600 total).

Tom

hostage
03-24-2003, 01:20 PM
wth is that paint so much? is it 4 case for that much or what?
-Doron

PRPB
03-24-2003, 01:42 PM
I have order paint form countypaintball.com. I have never had any breaks. Plus getting a case of paint at my local shops cost me $80 to $100.

-=Squid=-
03-24-2003, 04:34 PM
You guys are unlucky...my local field sells paint for like $50 a case, and were a home team so we get it for like $35.

Warewolf50
03-25-2003, 03:07 PM
I always order my paint that I use in turnis from paintballgear.com and I have never got a case with a broken ball in it. The paint I usually order is marb, but I am going to start using allstar.

FalconGuy016
03-25-2003, 03:31 PM
I have ordered Evil from www.shop4paintball.com, very VERY well packed and no broken balls. It was more safe than the paint you could get at a store (that packed in peanuts). Remember though, your store got paint shipped there too (I know its not the same, but dont think it isnt)

lopxtc
03-25-2003, 03:59 PM
I buy all the time from pbgear.com, and the only problem I had was they sub'ed out one colour for another. Ordered everything from JT low-end, Java (Kingman) Junk, and high-end HF, and Evil .... never had one broken ball. Only one split bag, and that was in the Java Junk case ... will continue to order from them, if I place my order (net or phone) by Noon I get it the next day by 6pm.

Aaron