PDA

View Full Version : lvl10 question

petefol
03-23-2003, 11:18 AM
i have the 2 carrier and 3 or 4 shims, and whenever i shoot a string of shots the first one the bolt always sticks, but after that it shoots fine. if i stop shooting for 10-20sec then the next time i shoot it will stick again. should i try a different spring, cause this is the best i could get it to work with the original spring and different carriers and shims.

Blazingace
03-23-2003, 01:03 PM
You are using the carrier with the 2 lines on it and the short spring and you are still getting bolt stick? Are the o-rings oiled? Dry o-rings will grrab instead of slide. Does it leak if you take some of the shims out? Sometimes the shims bend and that could cause your problem. You could try going to a larger carrier, but I have never heard of anyone using bigger than the 2 carrier. I have set-up a dozen Lvl. 10 kits and have never gone higher than the 1.5 and I usually run the mid spring. (My E-mag is running the short spring though) Try removing 2 shims and going up a carrier (2.5) and try that. Make sure you oil the carrier o-ring with a high quality oil, like Hoppes #9 or AGD Autolube. I was using a different oil on my Cocker 4-way and it was drying out and jamming my trigger. Once I changed oil it was fine.

petefol
03-23-2003, 01:14 PM
i'll try oiling the oring, the 2.5 is too big though, i'll mess around with the springs later today.