PDA

View Full Version : Clemson University (Engineered Mayhem) Takes 2nd in SACC Championship

ezrunner
03-23-2003, 11:28 AM
This was the third appearence for the tigers in the SACC Championships, and we've placed every time. We've won it, and had 2 second place finishes.

This was a regular season NCPA event with teams from various schools in attendance.

Schools represented:

U of Illinois (3 teams)
U of GA (2 teams)
Ga Tech (2 teams)
LSU (1 team)
Embry Riddel (1 team)
Clemson University (1 team)

The final placement was
Illinois Orange (Ateam) in first
Clemson Engineered Mayhem in second
GA Tech in third.

The top 2 teams pretty much maxxed the games in finals and played each other last.

The tension going into the last game of finals we intense, as Illinois had a 100 and a 98 , while Clemson had 2 100's going into it.

We ran an aggressive strategy all day, so Illinois countered this in the final game by laning all 5 players with no runners on the break. They took a primary wing man out from Clemson and while they lost 2 players, they took the game and the day.

Congrats to the guys from Illinois. (cough) REMATCH (cough).

We did take second and the 3rd and 4th place teams were more than 100 points behind 1st and 2nd.

Thanks for all the help from the league, from the regional director (Mike Kreiness), NCPA pres (Chris Raehl), the field owner (Tom Blevins, Regulator's Outpost).

This field has some of the best ref's I've ever seen. It upset 2 of our players but they were happy to have that quality of reffing.

One reff called a hit on a glove where there was only a tiny stripe of paint, but the ref saw the ball hit and saw the paint left, good call.

The other was where a one for one took place and there was a shot fired point blank, direct hit just a trailer of paint, no shell, still out.

They were on top of these all day long. The whole turn and shoot didn't work since the refs were on every play from 3 angles.

Thanks to the teams for showing up. The level of competition has come up and the attendance of this event has come up markedly in the past year and a half.

The college league is maturing and the skill to play here and win is increasing. UGA and Tech both went into finals and played well, but LSU, an Xball team and great team all around didn't make finals. One of the biggest problems with college ball is financing it and scheduling it. LSU had 2 really good players not here because of work. As the sponsorships start materializing I think you will see the next jump in the level of play from colleges.

I'll get pics and video online as soon as I can (yeap....I said VIDEO!)

-rob

Blazingace
03-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Congradulations!!!!!!!! Was Cphilip in attendance? We have played some games where they stack the back bunkers and our front guys get pounded. Not a fun proposition. Do any of your guys shoot 'Mags? Anyway good luck in the next tourney and way to go!!!!!!:D

ezrunner
03-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Well, cphilip is at a CFOA event this weekend, there
were a few mags out at the event.

None of us were shooting mags in this event, we all have different markers and we shoot whatever is working best for
us at this event.

We had one race cocker (me), one impulse, and 3 angels.

I have an RT I'm getting setup electro, and 2 of our other players shoot mags, they just couldn't get to this event.

Mags are great, cockers are great, angels are great, you spend $1000 on a gun and it's great. :)

-rob

cphilip
03-23-2003, 03:52 PM
cphilip didn't get to go and that was today...he is home...something came up here at home so he is stuck playing with his X mag by himself...

...and he was trying contact you guys Friday as he had your backup marker (guess you didn't need it) and he needed his tank back!!!!! But from you and Lance...No contact. :(

Congrats guys. Contact me

ezrunner
03-23-2003, 09:32 PM
ring ring :)

-rob

Scooter/Cootie
03-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Congrats guys!

PsychoBaller
03-24-2003, 01:21 AM
and I hope to see you guys at Nationals in Chicago on April 11-13th

~da "Rutgers Scarlet Knights PB Team" baller

Sinistarr
03-24-2003, 03:32 AM
Congrats guys! Illinois was tough. They only lost one game, the first one, then it was 98,96,96,98,100,98,98 all day. After the finals, they finished with 296 and Clemson with 206. It was a great final!

Keep up the good work Clemson!

G

ezrunner
03-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Sinistarr: AKA Gary

was out there reffing taking hits all day to get in and make the calls.

You guys had a rough day to make all the calls you did, thanks for hard work.

AO: You guys ever wanna host a tournament where you know there will be clean play, you do it at Regulator's Outpost.

Thanks Sinistarr :)

-rob

Blazingace
03-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Go balla. Its your birthday. We gonna party like its your birthday.

BC is behind you all the way Chris.

Way behind you......:D

ezrunner
03-24-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks Scooter.....you guys have been kicking up some dust yourselves.

Wish we all had nice electro mags :)

For now we are shooting the "other" guns out there.

Our team has all kinds of guns like:

1 classic mag
2 RT valved mags
1 Impulse
4 Angels
2 Bushmasters
2 RainMakers
2 AKA Merlins w/ Raceframe (Cocker)
2 Other Custom Cockers (Mechanical)

and some other guns that aren't worth mentioning :)

So we do have an AGD Contingent, just no Emags.

Most of the time you'll find our A team shooting some kind of serious electro.

We have cphilip here. So maybe the next generation of players will be buying emags/xmags as we cycle them in.

The thing is that with college players many of them come in with some kind of tourney gun and depending on finances don't upgrade till they graduate.

We're working on it though.... GO AGD!

-rob

Bartman
03-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Ezrunner congradulations,

are you guys going to the MICT this weekend or to Nationals in 2 weeks?

Just wondering, as I will be at teh MICT this weekend.

Bartman

ezrunner
03-24-2003, 07:18 PM
we wanna make nationals....we are trying.

-rob

Load SM5
03-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Good job Rob. Nice to hear you guys kicking tail out there.

If you got a real gun you might even take first....;)

Sinistarr
03-26-2003, 01:17 PM
I got scolded when I told him that!

G

ezrunner
03-26-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm sorry the emags need a roller wheel on the trigger to keep up with the e-cockers.

I'm sorry the emags need cocker barrels to shoot farther like cockers.

I'm sorry emags need halos (made just for ecockers) to be as accurate as cockers.

Just kidding :)

I do have a mag. It'll be working soon I hope. When it is I'll see about getting an electro frame put on it and it may see some field time for tourneys.

For now my cocker is lighter faster and easier to shoot so that is what I'm using. My bushy is also in the bag for now. I love that little marker.

I have nothing against mags, I'd shoot an xmag if I didn't have to pay for it (college and all... you know :) )

-rob