PDA

View Full Version : How does the classified section work

andy13186
03-23-2003, 12:51 PM
yes, i am a noob to this site. but if i wanted to trade someone my gun for theirs, what do they do?

do you send your gun to them, not knowing if theyll send you theirs? seems a bit risky, how do they normally do it?

Mossman
03-23-2003, 01:01 PM
You have a few choices.
1. Trade with an established trader. This forum and a most others have a feedback section. Check out my feedback link in my signature, right below this post. For instance, if you read that thinking, hells no, I'm not sending my gun to that guy, then you should quit now, cuz online trading isn't for you :)

2. Another choice is COD if you're just buying something. It's cash on delivery, it costs about 6 bucks extra, and at least it ensures that you're gonna get something for your money. I dont believe you can open the box before you pay for it, but it's one more safety step.

3. Possibly the best choice is a 3rd party trade. You can find a very established member on the board (like dansim...or me, massachusetts represent :)). The way 3rd party works is you and the person you're trading with agree to send your guns to this 3rd person. Be prepared to pay a bit more for this, cuz you have to pay them to reship the guns, then pay them for their time and the air/paint they put through the guns. Basically you both send your guns to 1 person, they recieve both of them, test, take pictures, confirm everything is there, and make sure that any flaws with the guns are understood and okay'd, and then reships to the marker's new owners.

Jeez, my arms are tired from all that! :) Welcome to AO. You'll most likely enjoy your stay.....most likely.

andy13186
03-23-2003, 02:11 PM
ok sounds good=) thanks for explaining