PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin about a Shocker

paintfreak67
03-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Hey all, just thought I'd depart a bit from the war topics and talk a lil paintball. I have been thinking about getting a shocker as my next gun. I don't think I'm gonna go with the new one just because I don't really like the look of it and I would rather go with one of the classic models. I was thinking '00 through '02. Anyway, I was wondering if any body here had any experience with them. How much should I pay for one? How upgradable are they? Accuracy? Matenience(sp?)? ya know, all that stuff. Welp, thanks in advance! :D

Ov3rmind
03-23-2003, 06:49 PM
I shot one a few months back, and all I can say is: Not terribly impressed. The only thing it had going for it was the low kick. However, the horrid efficiency, gummy feeling trigger, low ROF, heavy weight, and rather large profile (largest and heaviest gun I've held to date) would keep me FAR away from it. Plus, with the new Shocker coming out, if you decide to sell the resale will be absolutely terrible.

FalconGuy016
03-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Where did welp come from? I never realized how much I actually say that ... until now!! Wow!! Its like a major segment of my life that was hidden from me! That is probably the first time ive ever seen it online

Rancid Milk
03-23-2003, 08:36 PM
I shot a shocker a while ago. It was okay, but I was not too impressed. The shocker I shot had a sloppy trigger and went through air like my mom goes through money at wal-mart. It was also very big and bulky.

Jeff

paintballbeaver
03-23-2003, 09:04 PM
my friend just bought a shocker and the only thing i would say is upgrade the trigger then it shoots like an e-bladed cocker

they pretty much the most accurate gun i have seen yet i think it blows cockers outta the water and with the low recoil there soo sweet

fire1811
03-23-2003, 09:06 PM
the problem with a shocker is that you have to spend
some extra money on a wheelbarrow to lug the heavy
beast around :p

j/k
shockers arnt too bad if ya dont mind the weight

Xen
03-23-2003, 09:11 PM
nothing heavier than a mag with a warp :O

B00bzor
03-23-2003, 09:36 PM
i was also thinking bout getting a shocker. i coulnt make up my mind to ether get a shocker or an rt. but i decided to get an rt, cause so many people recomended it and that mag own evry other marker out there. if you do get a shocker go to www.paintballgear.com they are haveing a sale on them. you can get one for like 550 bucks there.

paintballbeaver
03-23-2003, 09:36 PM
yeah right weight my friend 2k2 shocker weighs less than an stock impy or my stock mag

-=Squid=-
03-23-2003, 10:17 PM
I wouldnt recomend a shocker. They are large, large, LARGE...shoebox :P very slow, weird trigger feel, etc...I really wouldnt recomend one at all. There arent very many upgrade options, unless you went the custom rout (werm mods, hypersport works etc) I would recomend the impulse. It is cheaper, smaller, MUCH faster (you can achieve insane rates of fire with this creature) Plus, it is VERY upgradeable, and lots of people make very custom parts for it. Just my two cents.

crankydan
03-23-2003, 10:18 PM
These markers are closed bolt, dual noids, great barrel and the 2002's have a pretty good vert reg option. The marker is one of the heavier ones. It also has a tall profile(some even call them the shoe box). These markers are incredibly accurate, but will eat some gas doing it. I don’t know about all this low ROF, I think they rock with no kick at all. This is a great upgrade from a semi mechanical marker.

You do know that Smart Parts is releasing the "NEW" Shockers this Spring. How ever, as stated above, these markers are about half what they sold for last year at paintball gear. Dude shoot one and then decide on your own. Play with what you get and you will become a better player.:)

nuclear zombie
03-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Personally I wouldn't take one if someone gave me one . I actually used to own one, bought it brand new in 2001 . First let me say it is huge , it is a gas hog therefore you have to have a massive tank to run it all day . The shocker having better "accuracy" is complete B.S. AS for ROF it is very easy to out run the stock board .Maintenance is a fickle thing, I have seen them go months without being touched , where as mine had to be greased like a pig at the state fair everytime I played, just to keep it working .

For the about same price, I reccommend :
- Vision Impulse
- Used E-mag

ChucktheMAGician
03-23-2003, 11:31 PM
If you could find a nice used one, http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64964 you could just paypal someone some money and have fun finding out whether you like them or not!:rolleyes: I'm selling because I don't need 2!

SyntaxError
03-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I wouldnt recomend a shocker. They are large, large, LARGE...shoebox :P

They're not that big, a guy on my team just picked up an Eclipse milled shocker, I played a game with it up front. The trigger is ok, it shot accurately though, and had a good feel to it.

Have you ever TRIED one? I highly doubt it. You must be a tiny kid if its that "LARGE" for you.

FeelTheRT
03-24-2003, 06:12 PM
I'm just wondering, why a shocker? There are so many good electros out there and you want a Shocker? I would look into a Matrix. They oporate at extremely low pressures and removable breach. You may also purchase a LPR kit which lowers the bolt pressure so it's not able to chop paint ever.

paintfreak67
03-24-2003, 07:59 PM
well, thanks for your info guys! So what i get out of it is i should try one. I also get that they are very accurate andhave low recoil but they are big, kinda heavy, and are gas hogs. I think I might ask for one for my b-day which is commin up in a couple of months but I don't think I'll be able to try one since there isn't anyone i know that has one around here....you think I should still go for it? anyway, thanks again!

ddan_p
03-24-2003, 10:52 PM
I'm for shockers 100%. I'd have to say that would be the gun i'd have if I didn't have an emag. Between those two, I'd say emag is the way to go, because it is a little more compact, and it can shoot faster. I traded my shocker away not too long ago, and that thing was the softest gun i've ever seen on paint. I never once in prolly at least 7 cases had one chop. On a vert feed, you can buy a warp adapter, and it makes an excellent no rise. Works great with an intellifed warp as well. I did sadly run co2 on it, so it didn't seem as much like a gas hog to me. And the accuracy part, I'm one of the people who say all guns are equal. I can hit things as easily with just about any gun. Umm, they're cheap right now. I had mine go down one time, just in rec play, because i loaded the bolt piston thing down with grease, and it got a little stiff. Incredibly easy to time, mine was a little off out of the factory. Anymore questions, let me know. Dan

Tom Sparkman
03-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by B00bzor
i was also thinking bout getting a shocker. i coulnt make up my mind to ether get a shocker or an rt. but i decided to get an rt, cause so many people recomended it and that mag own evry other marker out there. if you do get a shocker go to www.paintballgear.com they are haveing a sale on them. you can get one for like 550 bucks there.

On sale for $400 now:
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-8000.html

Tom

EsPo
03-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
very slow, .

where is everybody getting the idea of a shocker being "very slow". with a 24 dollar upgrade (nd trigger), you can get AMAZING rof...you are obviously not educated enough on shockers to post in this thread.

And i hate to tell you.. it takes the exact same triggers as an impulse.. so you saying that an impulse is much faster.. is bull.

paintfreak67
03-25-2003, 06:24 PM
does anyone know if that shocker comes with all the stuff in the pic(2x trigger, reg, ect..)?

Ov3rmind
03-25-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

where is everybody getting the idea of a shocker being "very slow". with a 24 dollar upgrade (nd trigger), you can get AMAZING rof...you are obviously not educated enough on shockers to post in this thread.

And i hate to tell you.. it takes the exact same triggers as an impulse.. so you saying that an impulse is much faster.. is bull.
Wow, it takes the same triggers.:rolleyes: Too bad it's capped at 13 bps, unless there's some new news I don't know of. From what I've heard, speeds above 15 bps would cause the poppet to snap too.

IMO, that's not very fast.

paintfreak67
03-25-2003, 08:08 PM
well, rather or not it caps out at 13 bps isn't really that important to me...i mean, I've been using a tippmann 98 for years so i don't really shoot like that...i just do bursts....unless the rof is really bad its not that bigga deal to me...

ddan_p
03-25-2003, 08:55 PM
i believe they are capped at 11.25 or something. With a nicely set up trigger, it's decent, not to say i dont' like the emag way more.