PDA

View Full Version : And people say the RT has trigger bounce....

FreshmanBob
03-23-2003, 07:14 PM
This video is from a pbnation AKA forum post, the guy says
"this is my viking w/the 25gram wicked switch installed. as you can see from the video, it gets major trigger bounce. i re-installed the 80gram switch. make sure you have your volume up high to hear the video."

http://www.paintballnorthwest.com/images/fullwmv.wmv

iiiiinnnnnsane!!

Smegma
03-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Thats pretty cool, but it seems that it shakes around a bunch.

Mossman
03-23-2003, 07:59 PM
I like it! :)

Fatjon
03-23-2003, 08:18 PM
man that is nice

andy13186
03-23-2003, 08:24 PM
dang, how many bps is that, and can you actually do that at fields without them getting mad?

FreshmanBob
03-23-2003, 09:23 PM
I have no idea, and if the ref can bounce it, they probably won't allow it.

As far as it being shakey, the guy is one handing it and it probably isn't being held very tightly.

rehme
03-23-2003, 10:08 PM
jeez that was shaking alot but also he was holding it with one had tho

Evil Bob
03-24-2003, 12:30 PM
You're cool when you can do it with paint, until then you're just wasting your time.

-Evil Bob

Blazingace
03-24-2003, 12:36 PM
The soup that would come out of the barrel really couldn't be called paint could it?

AGD
03-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Damn, you see how much that gun was moving!

AGD

Xen
03-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Damn, you see how much that gun was moving!

AGD

looks like the hand that is holding it isnt gripping tight, thats what the 2nd hand is for ;)

FreshmanBob
03-24-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Blazingace
The soup that would come out of the barrel really couldn't be called paint could it?

Actually, vikings are almost as gentle on paint as mags are, once they're broken in they can do the finger-in-breech thing just as easily as level 10.

veeery nice guns, and the JMJ featherlites.. oooo la la

I still like my micro though :cool:

irbodden
03-24-2003, 03:51 PM
wow......... :D

FeelTheRT
03-24-2003, 06:29 PM
meh...

i've seen faster...

My friend bounced 23bps.

oh and BTW, trigger bounce is not the same as the RT push back. I'm not going to explain how so, our friend the search tool is just as resourcfull.

FreshmanBob
03-24-2003, 07:31 PM
same basic concept =P

crankydan
03-24-2003, 07:38 PM
That was pretty cool Bob. Lets see some paint fly, that would be even better.

mag-hatter
03-24-2003, 08:24 PM
that gives new meaning to the term "shock and awe"

:eek:

FreshmanBob
03-24-2003, 08:45 PM
lol you guys want paint flying eh? I'm no AKA spokesman but if you go here (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=189251) there's a whole slew of videos for you viewing pleasure, take your pic.

soooo nice, my favorite's are the JMJ viking ones.

Buuuuut I still like my mag :D

Evil Bob
03-24-2003, 08:48 PM
There comes a point where you trade off effective accuracy for weight, once the marker becomes so light that your trigger manipulation or the marker's own internal action makes the end of the barrel bounce, then you have gone too far. Please refer to my "Lighter is not necessarily better" (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68023) thread.

The recoil wouldn't be half as bad if he had a little more mass on the marker (the barrel and a loader) and a little less of a limp wristed grip.

Yeah, I looked through those links on PBNation, the majority are just cycling the bolt and not actually shooting. I personally like the one where he claims he's shooting 30.3bps, then you watch his vid and it's no where near 30bps, that's a riot.

"Hey, everyone! Look at me! Look how fast my marker can cycle and NOT shoot paint! Whoohoo!" Hey great, good for you, you just established you can waste air quickly, I'm happy for you. Now do something practical with it like actually playing.

I still stand by my previous post, if you want to wow me, put paint in it and do it again. Until then, this thread is 90% useless.

-Evil Bob

da_shibmeister
03-25-2003, 01:03 AM
okay, maybe it is worthless and theyre just wasting air. but lets face it:

its so damn cool

FreshmanBob
03-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob

Yeah, I looked through those links on PBNation, the majority are just cycling the bolt and not actually shooting. I personally like the one where he claims he's shooting 30.3bps, then you watch his vid and it's no where near 30bps, that's a riot.

"Hey, everyone! Look at me! Look how fast my marker can cycle and NOT shoot paint! Whoohoo!" Hey great, good for you, you just established you can waste air quickly, I'm happy for you. Now do something practical with it like actually playing.

I still stand by my previous post, if you want to wow me, put paint in it and do it again. Until then, this thread is 90% useless.

-Evil Bob

Dude, first of all I prefer to keep as much condescending elitism out of my threads as possible. Relax and don't drink so much coffee or whatever makes you sound so damn harse. Second of all, theres more than a good handful of videos with paint, and why should that even matter? Halo's feed around 22 bps anyway, not like it can't be done, so do they need to waste air and paint? Didn't you notice that most of the vids w/ out paint are filmed inside, where its easier to make them, and harder to use paint in.

I'm not going to even mention the fact that NO ONE claimed to be shooting 30.3 BPS, that is just the setting their gun is capable of, thats what they mean by 30.3 bps.

I'm not trying to "wow" you and frankly don't give a crap if I do, I just thought it was cool and so did a helluva lotta other people, and those people make this thread VERY worthwhile, so take your negativity elsewhere.

Evil Bob
03-25-2003, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry if I offended and I apologize for coming off as condescending, which I definitely was doing, but I was not being elitest, not by any stretch.

Yes, I went through about 60+ videos yesterday on PBN, I really liked the Viking vid where he's punching holes in the Bin Laden paper siloette, that was rather fun. Unfortunately, the bulk of the vids are too grainy to see the paint fly and the sound quality too poor to really hear the rate of fire in quite a few of them, but there are a few gems in there that are nicely done.

Yes, I understand you're not out to "wow" me, that's fine, this is a free forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion, I've got no problems there. Seeing videos of people shooting air doesn't do it for me, what impresses me is videos like BlackVCG posted showing his high rate of fire in an actual game, the vids from odyssey, Tom's vids, vids showing actual shooting rates, that's what "wows" me. You really want to wow the majority of the posters here, show the marker in actual use.

-Evil Bob

Benfica4ever
03-25-2003, 03:16 PM
:eek: wow:eek:

FreshmanBob
03-25-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
I'm sorry if I offended and I apologize for coming off as condescending, which I definitely was doing, but I was not being elitest, not by any stretch.

Yes, I went through about 60+ videos yesterday on PBN, I really liked the Viking vid where he's punching holes in the Bin Laden paper siloette, that was rather fun. Unfortunately, the bulk of the vids are too grainy to see the paint fly and the sound quality too poor to really hear the rate of fire in quite a few of them, but there are a few gems in there that are nicely done.

Yes, I understand you're not out to "wow" me, that's fine, this is a free forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion, I've got no problems there. Seeing videos of people shooting air doesn't do it for me, what impresses me is videos like BlackVCG posted showing his high rate of fire in an actual game, the vids from odyssey, Tom's vids, vids showing actual shooting rates, that's what "wows" me. You really want to wow the majority of the posters here, show the marker in actual use.

-Evil Bob

Ok cool, I understand what you mean. The only in game vids they had were about 15 seconds long, even though its tough for your average paintballer to get a nice enough camera to do pigtv.net quality stuff on the web I get your point.