PDA

View Full Version : Matrix or Timmy or Angel?????Help!!!!!!

del
03-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Well i am thinking about getting me another gun soon, and i wanted to know which of these guns; a Matrix, Timmy, or an Angel. you guys recommend! it would be great if you guys can help me out on my dilemma and pick one of these guns that you think is best among the rest and why.
thanks guys!:D

SlipknotX556
03-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Get a 2k2 timmy. Why get one? Because they are light and they have an ACE, they get some insane ROF. I know mine does. ;)

Klay01
03-23-2003, 10:40 PM
out of those i would go with timmy but it is so light it feels almost like a toy, angels are really nice too but their front regs suck so ud need to upgrade that if u were gona be playing back with it, matrices i dont really know much about them. i have heard that they are really good and quiet good rof

del
03-23-2003, 10:58 PM
thanks guys for your post!!:D

timmy=2
angel=0
matrix=0

still need more recommendations before i pruchase the gun..

darklord
03-23-2003, 11:22 PM
I've held a timmy and a trix today, and I can attest that the timmy is ridiculously light. I'd get the matrix, personally, either an LCD or a NYXtreme, or an Aardvark

Miscue
03-24-2003, 12:16 AM
Get a Timmy...

SlipknotX556
03-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
Get a Timmy...

:eek:

del
03-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Timmy= 3
Matrix=1
Angel=0

I am surpirse to find out that no one had voted for an angel.i wonder why? i saw the site with the nyextreme matrix, not bad. but please keep the suggestions coming.

Richter
03-24-2003, 12:23 AM
I shoot a 2000 lcd as my primary marker. I am still on the old battery and i probably has about 80,00 shots on it. I have done nothing really to it. I never really oiled it or anything. I cleaned the bolt and sometimes took a cotton swab and cleaned underneath the bolt were the hammer is at. I did send it to theangelguy.com last november becasue it had a leak internally. He put a new ram in it and a new regulator seat in the front reg. that is all the maintainence i have doen to it. It was new in september of 2000 went through world cup in 2000, LA2001,chicago2001, worldcup 2001, and every tourney in between and since.

we use to call the angel the glorified electic mag when they first came out. This marker is dependable i still use it for my primary. All other guns are for tinkering and back ups.

want a reliable gun get an angel lcd. They are proven to win and their tech people are at every major tourney that i have been to.
hope that helps
Shane

B00bzor
03-24-2003, 12:37 AM
...timmy

Koosh
03-24-2003, 09:03 AM
well as long as you are going to blindly follow the advice of people on the internet, I would advise you to buy me a new car :D

90% of paintball is personal preference. Shoot each of the guns, they will all shoot great, it'll come down to your personal preference on what you deciede to get.

magsRus
03-24-2003, 11:19 AM
Its all personal preference. They are all great upper level guns. I personally own an IR3 and a team mate of mine has a Advark Matrix and its shoots nice.

robert heatwole
03-24-2003, 11:46 AM
timmy;)

del
03-24-2003, 12:55 PM
thanks guys! i do know that when it comes down to things that it would be all up to me. But i have seen both the timmy and the matrix being shot. i have also carried both of them. as far as an angel,that i have shot. i liked it too. i know that i could easily hammer the trigger on the angel. i just wanted to know what you guys think i should get. i dont know if this would help on suggestions but i am more than likely goin to play the back right position.

Cliffio
03-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Klay01
their front regs suck so ud need to upgrade that if u were gona be playing back with it

ha, what a joke
the mini reg on the angel works perfectly, it does not work well with other guns with high rates of fire because it isnt made specifically for that gun, its made for the angels lpr design, take your anti-angel propaganda elsewhere

and what difference does the reg make for playing different positions?

obviously clueless

angels are perfect right out of the box, no upgrades needed, no lpr barbs or other junk no external regulator such as the jackhammer on some of the matricies out there, no need for any of that mess

Cliff

slipknot, im glad to see that you have a freakin clue about sig rules, youy obviously know the rules yet you dont pay attention to them, congratss, your a douche bag

xen_100
03-24-2003, 01:19 PM
I vote emag.......er um......timmy.

PzYcO
03-24-2003, 02:11 PM
emag

mykroft
03-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Timmy: nice marker, hardest to shoot fast, worst build quality, low maintenance, requires few upgrades.

Angel: Best build quality, middle of the road speed, lowest maintenance, upgrades are cosmetic only.

Matrix: Good build quality, incredibly easy to shoot fast, LED version requires upgrades (Trinity, Bolt kit, Gun 20 chip) LCD doesn't, requires regular maintenance (You MUST lube bolt evry 2 cases or so).

If you want a gun that you can just clean and drop a couple of drops of Lube in between sessions, get the Angel. You want top performance and don't mind giving it a good clean and lube every 2 cases or so, get a matrix. You want a stupid-fast bushmaster variant, get a timmy.

personally, tried GZ Timmy, owned an LCD Angel, settled on a Matrix.

del
03-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Well my friends own emags and i personally own a hyper. I love my mag, dont get my wrong. Its just that i would like own another type of gun other than a mag. No offense mag owners, remember i am a mag owner myself. :D Thanx guys for the suggestions, and mykroft thanks for the breakdown.

SyntaxError
03-24-2003, 04:26 PM
angels are really nice too but their front regs suck so ud need to upgrade that if u were gona be playing back with it

Ok sure, WDP miniregs are MUCH higher quality than Bob Long Torpedoes (on the Intimidator), they can easily be used from the back.

Matricies are very nice markers too, I love the feel, just not the size. They feel kind of big to me, but if I were a back player I could live with it.

Intimidators just feel cheap, I'm not a big fan at all. Any marker that makes a different sound every time you pull the trigger can't be good:D

FeelTheRT
03-24-2003, 06:21 PM
out of those i would go with timmy but it is so light it feels almost like a toy, angels are really nice too but their front regs suck so ud need to upgrade that
umm no. The Angel Minireg is one of the best regs i've ever owned. 292fps twice in a row, that says it all.

Those are all good guns and I too would have a hard time deciding so I will tell you what i personally would do. I would just look at all 3 of them and if you see one of those really really good once in a life time deals that involves any 3 of those marker, go for it.

FreshmanBob
03-24-2003, 07:39 PM
The only problem I've heard over (never really been proved) is the angels main reg not keeping up with ROFs above 12 or 13 bps and having shoot down. I've never owned an angel, so I only have hearsay but they seem like really nice guns. Timmys aren't built too well, and they're basically a pnuematic spyder with lots of sick milling. Matrix's are really nice, almost no kick so long strings are soooooooo accurate. Look into vikings too, they have VERY nice efficency (1800+ from 68/45) very accurate and reliable. Same price range if you get a real nice one.

Cliffio
03-24-2003, 07:41 PM
that would be false, or it would be on a different gun than an angel

03-24-2003, 08:00 PM
I dont like my 2k2 Timmy that much I find it to be tall + it breaks paint mysteriously (will be figured out by Sunday) I think i am going to sell it and get an X-mag.

DutchNut
03-24-2003, 08:21 PM
if ure timmy breaks paint jsut lower the operation preasure alittle like to 70 or u cna get a volumizer and drop ure operation preasure to 45 or below. Mine is at 45 and it WON'T chop lets say it can't chop.

Ov3rmind
03-24-2003, 08:48 PM
My impressions after shooting each gun.

Timmy - Fast, long, and very light (almost too light, not to my liking). Not terribly impressed.

Angel - Fast, solid, feels very nice in your hands. Good low maintanence/reliable gun, but I feel there are better fish in the sea.

Matrix - Absolutely blew me away. Insanely fast, very low recoil, simple design. A little big and heavy, but not nearly as much as what people made it out to be.

Conclusion: I'm getting a Matrix this Summer.

DeathscytheSK
03-24-2003, 09:17 PM
You might want to consider a Shocktech Bushmaster, those are supposed to be one of the hottest guns that just came out, the board is also capped at 66bps so u can shoot as fast as you can pull, and the PDS is supposed to be a great anti-chop method becuase it uses a beam instead of a reflective eye so its not sensitive to different colored paint, you should check out this video (its about in the middle of the video) to see the Shocktech Bushmaster in action, if I had the cash, I would get one http://www.upressplay.com/login/index.php?page=umedia_showsub&uSubmit_id=161&mode=2&show_media=mov

DiRTyBuNNy
03-24-2003, 09:42 PM
I'd have to say X-Mag...sorry..I don't play by the rules...ask any of the mods...hahahhahahahha

paintball8869
03-24-2003, 11:56 PM
i dont understand half of you people. Everyone that complains about the intimidator being too light is friggin insane. People complained the classic was too heavy, Bob made a lighter gun to please people. Now people complain that he made it too light? You friggin people are nuts.

I'd personally love to have a gun as light as a GZ timmy with an incredibly light tank, etc. But I shoot a ripper timmy and dragon because i like the looks of them (and that's the only difference between the upper model intimidators, aka non classic timmys).

And whoever said it was hard to shoot a timmy fast, maybe it is for you. I know a lot of people that are droppin their angels, emags, etc for timmies because they can just shoot faster on the timmy. Not that they're flat out better guns, but just an easier trigger setup/trigger frame for those individual people.

In this price range, as i believe was stated before, it's all about what feels better to YOU. We can't make up your mind for you. I'd like you to get an intimidator, i'm biased, so my opinion doesn't matter too much. I've shot them all and the timmy suits me, i rail on the trigger and have it setup for speed and consistency. I shot 4 cases at our tourney this weekend without a barrel break or chop. I chop like crazy with an angel (i can't even shoot the ir3 becuase of the trigger frame, feels way too weird for me). With the matrix, i just didn't like the trigger feel and the looks, it just looks ugly to me.

That's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth to you. Then go out and shoot each one, see what you like, then buy that. I think they're all good guns.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Well...don't really know what to say after that now...

Ov3rmind
03-25-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by paintball8869
i dont understand half of you people. Everyone that complains about the intimidator being too light is friggin insane. People complained the classic was too heavy, Bob made a lighter gun to please people. Now people complain that he made it too light? You friggin people are nuts.

Different people complained.

paintball8869
03-25-2003, 12:44 AM
Different people complained.

Good point.

I would just like to know where the "toy" or "cheap" feel kicks in. Is there a magical weight that anythign below it is too light and above it is too heavy?

Is the xmag too light? How about the fly angels? Matrix, only shot a few of those, not too heavy, not too light. Maybe that's the magical weight?

del
03-25-2003, 12:56 AM
yeah i know huh.:D
but intially i wanted to hear what people recommended. i wanted to know the reason behind why each indivdual person had choosen one of these particular guns that i posted. i figured that many people in here had at least one moment to shoot one of these guns, and i wanted their feedback. thats all, dont worry what you write in here doesnt go unread. i take all information and absorb it in a way that it would help me out and narrow my selection. who knows i might have the samee preference as another person who has replied to this thread. thanks again guys, but im still listening. :D

gcube
03-25-2003, 02:48 PM
get a timmy fool

03-25-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DutchNut
if ure timmy breaks paint jsut lower the operation preasure alittle like to 70 or u cna get a volumizer and drop ure operation preasure to 45 or below. Mine is at 45 and it WON'T chop lets say it can't chop.

Right now it is at like 70-75 cant read gauge easy. Its in the barrel though. I dont feel like going into it now I will probably make another thread about it later.

Ov3rmind
03-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by paintball8869

Good point.

I would just like to know where the "toy" or "cheap" feel kicks in. Is there a magical weight that anythign below it is too light and above it is too heavy?

Is the xmag too light? How about the fly angels? Matrix, only shot a few of those, not too heavy, not too light. Maybe that's the magical weight?
Well, everyone has their gun preferences. Most people do like their guns as light as possible, and I can see the reasoning behind that. For me and a few others though, there comes a point where if a gun is too light, it just doesn't feel very stable/solid.

I generally prefer guns around the weight of Angels and Matrices (although Mags and Cockers are Ok too). Not too heavy, but not too light for my preferences......... LOL, I'm a very picky person :) .

boomerfoxtrot
03-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by mykroft
[B]Timmy: nice marker, hardest to shoot fast, worst build quality, low maintenance, requires few upgrades.

Timmys have a crazy rof! and are EASY to get rolling! so I don't know what he is talking about, but I own a GZ and it is CRAZY, LIGHT, SMOOTH -no rise while you shoot-, QUIET -not near as loud as the 02s and Dragons-, QUICK, EYES, and shoots at a LP.. so it's hard to chop a ball anyhow..

my GZ recock runs around 65-70 and I can run the gun without the eyes and will not chop paint.. now I have to recock it when it hits a ball, but it doesn't break the ball that's how soft it is...

and low maintenance? ... the timmys are some what "high" maintenance, you have to keep your regs greesed, and your eyes clean..... but you should do that with every gun... as far as replacing things... O-rings and bumper last about 6 cases maybe more.. depending on how much you dry fire...

and upgrades... you can do ALOT of upgrades on the timmys.. get an 02 then you'll have to get the WAS board.. get a GZ and it's not a must, cause the GZ has a fast board in it =] the new ones are even faster... get 2.+
board and you'll be ok...

out of your three... go timmy! get a GZ!

I've shot a Trix, and they are nice guns.. but get timmy over the Trix any day...

the Angel... they are good guns, but get one with an EYE!!
that's the worst part about the Angels... they need to be STOCK with an eye...

Cliffio
03-25-2003, 08:18 PM
you cant buy an angel with an eye

anyways, eyes are too tempermental, they cant shoot every type of paint, and dont always work, ive shot impulses with eyes and i know the new pds eye for the bustmaster will chop

chopping is just a part of paintball, so to say that no gun chops or breaks paint is a flat out lie

and no eye can stop barrel breaks which do happen

Cliff

JT2002
03-25-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

anyways, eyes are too tempermental, they cant shoot every type of paint, and dont always work, ive shot impulses with eyes and i know the new pds eye for the bustmaster will chop

Cliff
well an impulse eye is very different than a timmy eye. ever since my WAS board, was eye, warp and adjustable ram cap I NEVER chop. i played with it saturday and never chopped even once. The timmy eye works great and sees ALL paint, much unlike the impulse. and of course NOTHING can stop barrel breaks, but thats something that happens with all guns. also since the WAS board has the FORCED eye mode it NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER
Chops! get the idea?:rolleyes: :D

Cliffio
03-25-2003, 08:29 PM
whatever you say chief

JT2002
03-25-2003, 08:48 PM
whatever you say chief
THATS IT SON!!! IM NOT TAKING ANY MORE OF YOUR C0CK3Y A$$ ATTITIDE!! NOW DROP AND GIMME A HUNDRED PUSHUPS!!! YOUR GONNA BE SKINNING POTATOES TILL THE PIGS FLY NOW BOY!!!
:D jk at least i trained you well:rolleyes: :D

Klay01
03-25-2003, 10:44 PM

ha, what a joke
the mini reg on the angel works perfectly, it does not work well with other guns with high rates of fire because it isnt made specifically for that gun, its made for the angels lpr design, take your anti-angel propaganda elsewhere

and what difference does the reg make for playing different positions?

obviously clueless

Ok, Um the angel front reg recharges in 10 seconds did you know that ? I guess you didnt because you are

obviously clueless

Cliffio
03-25-2003, 11:17 PM
first of all, just because the reg takes longer than some to FULLY recharge does not mean that it isnt a good reg.

the reg works with the angels LPR set up, so that no shoot down occurs.

rather than standing on one point that makes no difference lets pick something about the gun that is an actual downfal

and you sir are clueless because for some reason you think a reg will make a difference on what position you plan

perhaps you think angels "lob" paint too

boomerfoxtrot
03-26-2003, 11:03 AM

I thought the Angel IR3 had an eye in it... ?

and your right about barrel breaks it happens.... but the differnce is, paint in the barrel or paint in the breech... and the barrel is SOOO much easier to clean on the field...

If you shoot a Revy, Halo, Egg, or any "feeding" loader then you put your trust into EYES,

LP when the bolt hits the ball, and EYES are very important... that's why the XMAGS have LX and ACE... AGD just made the LP bolt stike better, so you don't have to "recock" .... it just vents.... as where LP bolts jam... in order not to chop.... .. I think.. lol ...

Timmys are GREAT guns, but I think I am about to trade my to Trench for his norise, LX, Ule Emagum..

GT
03-26-2003, 12:23 PM
first of all, just because the reg takes longer than some to FULLY recharge does not mean that it isnt a good reg.

rather than standing on one point that makes no difference lets pick something about the gun that is an actual downfal

and you sir are clueless because for some reason you think a reg will make a difference on what position you plan

Cliff,
why do we feel the need to protect the angel's reputation?

I just bought another angel(#3). It should be in today and pics up tonight. Let me put it this way, whever i see a timmy, trix, cocker, etc at the field all i think is 'nice gun' when I see one of my angel toteing brothers my first thought is 'well i need to get this guy off the break' does the gun make the player? NO, but i do understand the mindset of most angel owners.

SO please dont buy an Angel. The range sux, they break paint, anno sux, and are hard to work on. Stick with a trendy gun that has all the latest gadgets and shoots real fast. God knows we need one more kid to show off next to the chrono:rolleyes:

Jason "angels suck" B

Cliffio
03-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot
I thought the Angel IR3 had an eye in it... ?

IR3's have COPS which is a sensor not an eye, so it is not affected by the moon, the tide, paint color, ghosts, or whatever else makes eyes sometimes unreliable

your right gtrsi, i wish i could stop, but when people dont have a clue what they are talking about, and they spout it off as the truth with no clue of what reality is, well thats just stupid and then other people read what they say and then a whole wave of stupidity will start

EDIT-

Originally posted by gtrsi
The range sux, they break paint, anno sux, and are hard to work on. Stick with a trendy gun that has all the latest gadgets and shoots real fast.

HAHA, i didnt see this the first time, but aint that the truth

GT
03-26-2003, 02:16 PM
.....and then a whole wave of stupidity will start

speaking of that,
I just went over to the new Nerve forum on the nation, it seems that folks are going to buy into the hype. keep your eyes peeled becuase some of these kids are going to dump thier angel/emag/xmags so they can get the newiest cool thing that comes out.

I dont know maybe a timmy would be a good back up to may angel and mag? Or maybe a great gun to hand to my buds when I take them out for the first time:D .

boomerfoxtrot
03-26-2003, 02:24 PM
really in the end it's personal... it's all personal...

I love my GZ, and I love the EMAG... now the GZ has given me LESS pains then the Emag... and it's lighter..... =]

as far as angel goes... I've never owned one so I can't speak for them.... :D

but I can speak for the Timmys... and let me just say this, you will no be let down.... not only are they good guns but they are easy to fix.... even a dumbbutt like myself can figure them out :p

Klay01
03-26-2003, 08:59 PM

Alright, Did you know that the inline reg opened up and closed to allow air flow in ? thats the reason why you cant tell shoot down with that horrible front reg.

2nd, LPR set up?? there is no difference between a low pressure set up and a high pressure setup? whats it do? see when the pressure is released and forced onto the ball all the so called HP and LP guns release AROUND the same pressure wether it be from 60 to 80 its all around the same so there isnt a LP and HP setup ..

so you are

obviously clueless

maybe that is why people always flame about how angels lob? because the inline reg has to open up more to let more air in because the front reg RECHARGES in 10 SECs. Thats why the front reg on an Angel doesnt work good ON any other GUN.

GT
03-26-2003, 09:10 PM

maybe that is why people always flame about how angels lob? because the inline reg has to open up more to let more air in because the front reg RECHARGES in 10 SECs. Thats why the front reg on an Angel doesnt work good ON any other GUN.

:confused:

where do we get this magical 10 sec recharge from?

jb

Klay01
03-26-2003, 09:18 PM
i talked to "someone" (i dont want to name any names) in dallas at the megameet he said he did some testing on it and thats what he told me the recharge rate was.

Cliffio
03-26-2003, 09:27 PM
and tell me, which part in the wdp mini reg opens and closes during use?

and i do believe he is right about the 10 seconds, i think its something like that. but if the reg takes 10 seconds to get back to full then why do you not get shoot down when you shoot a long string of 14, 15 or 16bps?

GT
03-26-2003, 09:30 PM
i talked to "someone" (i dont want to name any names) in dallas at the megameet he said he did some testing on it and thats what he told me the recharge rate was.

Who is this someone? why the secrecy? This sounds like BS to me. if the recharge rate was that slow I would think the 2 and 3rd ball wouldnt make it out of the barrel.

Cliffio
03-26-2003, 09:33 PM
the reg does take about that long to fully recharge, but like i said the angels low pressure regulator (LPR) makes up for it, which is what makes the whole gun works

Klay01
03-26-2003, 09:37 PM
but when at high rates of fire the front reg will not be able to keep up and that would make the LPR to suffer which creates shootdown.

Cliffio
03-26-2003, 09:42 PM
but at what speed? seen the video of that angel doing 20bps?

ive done a string of about 200 @ 17bps without shootdown, mind you it was holding the gun straight up with hella trigger bounce on the opto board, but no shootdown no choking

so if the reg can do 20 like in the video and the angel is capped at 20, what part of the reg is bad?

and tell me, which part in the wdp mini reg opens and closes during use?

if the reg takes 10 seconds to get back to full then why do you not get shoot down when you shoot a long string of 14, 15 or 16bps?

it is rediculose(sp)to argue about something which makes no difference, if the reg can do 20 bps, like in the video then what part of it is bad? and if the reg can do 20, which is the max an angel can do, could you not say that the wdp reg is perfect? at least for an angel.

Klay01
03-26-2003, 10:08 PM
reason why it doesnt shoot down if it recharges in 10 sec is because of the inline reg, it opens more when the pressure in the front reg decreases that allows it to not have any shoot down. and we would not of been arguing in the first place if you had sided with what i said about how the front reg sucks. it does suck on another gun .. correct? now if it is sucky and is put on an angel and is GOOD then .. why not put better one on and have no chance at shoot down.. now a video of no shootdown at 20 bps, yes i have seen it but there would be no complaints about how angels lob if there wasnt a chance of them lobbing.

Cliffio
03-26-2003, 10:12 PM
well i do agree they arent very good on other guns with high rates of fire, but they do work perfectly on angels

they arent made for other guns such as an impulse or a timmy, they are put of cockers are work perfectly because the cocker does not have a super high rate of fire

even professional paintball, makers of the race frame, puts them on free flows

and the argument of angels lobbing paint is not at high rates of fire, but rather lobbing paint in general, kind of the opposite of cockers shooting "flat"

GT
03-26-2003, 11:18 PM
i think the paint lobing argument is complete BS. Desgin a test and prove me wrong. all paintballs follow the same path at the same fps, with the same paint, and same bore barrel match.

sorry but the lobbing argument is just crap.

CpSuPeRkId
03-26-2003, 11:30 PM
klay i dont think u know what u are talking about. u wanna know something that u probably wont beleive?? this past weekend at the badlandz i was chronoing my ir3 with a freshly rebuilt minireg. i hit the same damn number 3 times in a row(288). i thought the chrono wasnt working right but when i pulled the trigger the 4th time it said 291. so do u wanna explain to me how the "front" reg sucks and doesnt fully recahrge til 10 seconds when i pulled the trigger on those 4 pulls with less than 3 seconds between each shot???? i dunno how they perform on other guns but its the most consistent gun ive ever owned.(yes, more consistent than my impys with MAX FLO regs)

as for what gun i prefer. i have owned LOTS of guns from a timmy, to plenty of impys, to an emag. heres my take on them.

timmy- requires some routine reg maintanence and things like that. can be very problematic if something goes wrong. just a pain in the butt if u ask me. as for it feeling too light, i dunno how thats possible. u guys find the stupidest things to complain about. but over all i think the timmy is highly over rated and i didnt like it one bit.

impys- for awhile i loved them soo much. that is, until i got my "awesome" toxic that gave me nothign but annoying problems. the thing broke paint no matter what i did to it. it had a freaking vision cricket board for crying out loud. th detents were fine, i used good paint, i used a revvy, and i matched up my paint to my barrel. i dunno what it was but something was messed up about it. my brothers' impys have been nothing but trouble either. from max flos going bad to more chopping problems to really bad first shot drop off.

angel- only gun i can pick up, stick an evo2 on, and play all day long without the slightest worry on my mind. i just cant chop with my ir3. i dunno if this is attributed to cops2 or my evo2. either way 15bps with no breaks at all since ive had the gun says enough. there is little to no maintanence to the angel. i mean really, u dont do anything to it except put a couple of drops of oil in it every now and then. you only have to completely rebuild it like 1 time a year which is a peice of cake. i mean if u want a gun that is undisputedly the most reliable electro out there(next to emag) that will never let u down then the angel is the best gun for you.

matrix- dont own one but my friends do. extremely consistent and smooth shooting. it can pinch paint relatively easy too. its super quiet and smooth shooting like i mentioned before but theres no real advantage to it over all the otehr guns IMO. reliablity is pretty good too. keep all 8 orings lubed and you are golden. if you dont you will be leaking all over the place.needs too many upgrades to get it working good though. trinity, red bolt kit, etc just to make it work decent. its rather bulky looking and feeling too. if you want a kickless and quiet shot and some good consistency then get a matrix, but thats all you will get.

so over all, its up to you. with a matrix, timmy, and impy you will have a good performing gun but with a little maintanence involved. you will also end up buying lots of upgrades for all of these markers to get them performing optimally. if u want a gun that has no performance upgrades for it and if u want a gun u can take out of the box and start playing with then an angel is your gun. reguardless of all the lobbing and chopping rumors, angels are great guns with reliablity, quality, great performance, and a great company backing them up. i may sound biased but it comes from my experience of owning almost every gun out there. i know what im talking about.

Oxygen
03-27-2003, 12:25 AM
I would get the matrix.I like angles and timmys but I would get the matriX and upgarde.If YOU upgrade you could have a gun like a timmy or a angle for a lil less of a price.:D

del
03-27-2003, 01:15 AM
well thanks guys for all your help! to be honest all your inputs has answered many questions and has educated me to these guns. THANKS!
the thing is that i honestly did not expect this much replies, but then again it just proves how much help ao memebers provide to a fellow member. i sure did not expect several people arguing with one another and it wasnt something that i wanted. YOU ALL WERE GREAT HELPS.:D
i was thinkin that once i have made my mind on what gun i was goin to get, i should post it up and inform everyone.
if you guys still have inputs to provide, please dont hesitate and post them, i stil have not made a definative decision.
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!:D

Klay01
03-27-2003, 11:01 PM
go put that reg on a diff gun and try it out :) get back to me on that.

oneshot
03-28-2003, 02:14 PM
I would rank the guns in this order

1. Matrix
2. Timmy
3. Angel

I love matrix's they are so easy to rip with,,,,,,just picked up a timmy a little while ago, I was surprised how fast I can shoot that, only problem is that mine does not like my halo b, so I have to use a evo 2, if it is between a lcd angel and ir3, go ir3 , imo they are so much easier to rip with than lcds,

Crazy
03-28-2003, 06:57 PM
timmy or matrix, just because the matrix will run low enough to pinch balls and with they eyes on the timmy, you won't have any trouble with chops. I've shot both and love both, definetly better than an angel.

<B>Warning: Change your sig</B> -Miscue

del
03-29-2003, 02:26 AM
thanks again guys, i just hope that suggestions dont end soon

RushA
03-29-2003, 10:15 PM
I have a 2002 angel and i like it a lot. but i think i am gonna goto a matrix lcd because i played with one for one day and i fell in love with it. Personally i know its all about how a gun performs and stuff, but my gun also has to look good. On my scale its about 70 % performance and 30& look, now i have never shot or held a timmy, but by look wise, i hate those suckers, they look plastic and i wouldn't even wanna be buried with one. lol j/k. So in conclusion to all this bull, this is how i would rank them.

1) Matrix
2) Angel
3) Timmy

mr_cool2588
03-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Angel: Best build quality, middle of the road speed,

good call smartguy, everyone limits the ROF on their angel so they don't out shoot their hopper. Last time I checked, 26 bps wasn't middle of the road speed.

JT2002
03-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by RushA

1) Matrix
2) Angel
3) Talon
10) Timmy
i think we need to redo this, say.....
1) Matrix/ Timmy
2) Timmy
3) Timmy
4) Timmy
5) Timmy
6) Timmy
7) Timmy
8) Timmy
9) Timmy
10) Timmy

shiz, theres no more room for the angel. oh well :rolleyes: :D :D

RushA
03-30-2003, 12:12 AM
are timmy's really that good, i mean like i said i haven't shot one or even held one but i dont' really like the look but do they really perform that well?

Cliffio
03-30-2003, 12:17 AM
everyone with one will say yes

everyone who has had one, or has shot one will say no

i say no, i dont like the way the feel, but thats me

JT2002
03-30-2003, 12:50 AM
what dont you like about teh feel? and which intimidators "feel" are you talking about? clamshell with sticky type frame? gz frame? classic frame? i have teh classic frame and even though its plastic grips i dont care because with teh way i hold teh gun, my right thumb sits on the back of the grip up high right before teh frame makes the u turn to go backwards, and then my middle and pointer finger sit on the trigger, so really when im playing in a game my hand barely ever touches the grips. and it def does not feel like a toy. you people just say that because its the most freakin lightest gun you've ever held :D
now, im not trying to say that the timmy is ultimate, cuz ive shot and trix and lemme tell you theyre awesome guns themselves, personally, i like both matrix and timmys equally, since they each have theyre upsides and downsides, but i currently shoot a timmy

CockersRule
03-31-2003, 02:21 AM
I personally shoot a Cocker, but would rather have an '02 Mamba IR3, my friend just bought one and it shoots like a dream. The Timmys are alright but another friend just passed up a Lasoya Timmy for an E Orracle, I'm not really familiar with the Matrix cause I havent seen many but I will say that the one I had the pleasure of shooting was extremely nice. If I were you I'd pass on the Timmy and go for an IR3 or a Matrix

del
03-31-2003, 03:56 PM
well thanks again guys!!
as for right now i had experienced shooting my friends lcd angel, i liked the feel of the trigger and how well i had shot with the gun. other than that i just couldnt figure out why the gun would not shoot good dostance. i am able to reach people at a distance that my hyper mag can easily reach but with the angel somehow i could not reach it. another thing was that i had notice that the angel did not like a halo b with it, it liked more a revy. i know its more of tuning the gun but somehow i had found it frustrating, maybe because i dont own one and that i dont know exactly how to fine tune it. as for the timy right now i cant even get a hold of one for a good price. the matrix on the other hand, i think if im goin to that route i would have a friend build me one. but other than that i stilll dont know what gun that im exactly getting.
thanks again guys.

CockersRule
04-01-2003, 05:51 AM
my buddy runs a Halo B on his Mamba IR3 all you have to do is mess with the Dwell it's not that hard to do it takes like 2 mins