PDA

View Full Version : Tips for 1 on 1

puckmaster
03-23-2003, 11:50 PM
I cant seem to win that much on 1 on 1's. What things can I work on to get better at 1 on 1's?

cheetah256
03-23-2003, 11:55 PM
well, from my experience, your best bet is to try to back the other playing into a corner. i usually take as much of the field as i can right off the break, then stay low and try to keep track of where the other person is without letting them see you. simple, but it works for me...

Mag Master 04
03-23-2003, 11:59 PM
very true but in my opinion in this case its all about quickness...who can get the best spot who is the fast est snapper and who gots that fastest finger...lol my game is all about speed, theres never a dull moment when i play, ill go kamakazi when i play, if im bored ill run in the middle of a crossfire just b/c i like the adrenilin rush, so yea stay quick and get to the best point 1st...keep him pinned if yur there 1st its alot harder to loose yur position when yur doin the pinning

Miscue
03-24-2003, 12:00 AM
Take advantage of the opponent's severely limited view of the field. Take every opportunity you can to move w/o detection. Hold him down. Move. Bunker nearby? He don't see? Move. Shoot on the run...

One good, undetected move can make all the difference.

Play VERY aggressively, but not stupid.

Richter
03-24-2003, 12:01 AM
Some times top guns or 1 on 1 tourneys sometimes takes a litle luck. If you don't start at a bunker at the beginning get to one but also make sure you know where your opponent is at. Make sure you alwasy know wehre you opponent is at all the time. Then all it is about is who can snap shoot and move better. Learn how to snap shoot and you will do good. Also try to "own your opponent": meaning you alwasy keep a large amount of paint/pressure going his way. Put your opponent in his bunker and move. Misdirection can be the key. If he shoots at your old bunker he has lost you and you have the advantage. If you can then place a well aim shot you should have your opponent. If you miss him you have to start all over.
hope that helps
Shane

SlipknotX556
03-24-2003, 12:15 AM
I play many 1 vs 1, what I have discovered, is that getting as far up as possible, is best. That way you have your target pined. Then they cant move, because you have an angle on where ever they move.

Mossman
03-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Yep, and on a congested field all it takes is a constant 3bps stream hitting at/whizzing by his bunker, and you can most likely just jog wherever you wanna go. If you get up far enough you can also just keep an eye on him, sit and wait until he makes one of his cautious "where is that guy" runs to another bunker, then suprise him and make him look foolish :)

puckmaster
03-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks for all the tips!

Miscue
03-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Take advantage of what people cannot see. Do it quickly.

B00bzor
03-24-2003, 12:40 AM
you know maybe one day u might be playing a game agains him and hell use what you tald him against you. ha that would be funny

Miscue
03-24-2003, 12:41 AM
If you assume that the player is intelligent and knows the tactics you know... there are means for defending against those tactics. It gets to the point where... both of you know the tricks... the winner is the one who can pull it off better... or gets luckier.

puckmaster
03-24-2003, 12:52 AM
The guy who I'm playing with just circles the perimeter of the field(its square) Thats all he does. He cant even shoot that fast.

big E kingpin
03-24-2003, 09:39 AM
learn to shoot and reload very very fast. that is how i win

Ultimator
03-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Contrary to what most of you are saying, playing defensive a little in 1 on 1's is very good. Off the break don't even move, just turn around and shoot a lane or two. When you're that far back, you can see the entire field, now just wait for him to move. After he makes it into his initial bunker, pin him down and make your way to your favorite 50. Stay there for a couple seconds really tight and listen. Listen to hear if he is running or shooting at your old bunker or what. Then start the snap shooting. Eight times out of Ten your first snapshot will get them out unless they know you are there.

thecavemankevin
03-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ultimator
Contrary to what most of you are saying, playing defensive a little in 1 on 1's is very good. Off the break don't even move, just turn around and shoot a lane or two. When you're that far back, you can see the entire field, now just wait for him to move. After he makes it into his initial bunker, pin him down and make your way to your favorite 50. Stay there for a couple seconds really tight and listen. Listen to hear if he is running or shooting at your old bunker or what. Then start the snap shooting. Eight times out of Ten your first snapshot will get them out unless they know you are there.

couldn't agree more! If you have a bunker off the break shoot the lane you are sure he is going to. Know your opponent and if you know what tape they like or even if you know if they are right or left handed you can still make an educated guess. Shoot the lane you think they will go through, then as soon as they get in (if they get in) paint their bunker and move. I don’t like snakes in one-on-one, I prefer the mid to larger size bunkers just because they let me see better. When I move, I like to move away from them. If I am in the back center and they move to my left tape say around the 50, then I will move to my right tape (perhaps the 50 depending on the size). Make sure they have lost me and wait for them to move and catch them.

When I go to bunker, I usually walk (keeps noise down) up with a constant stream on their bunker. Sometimes I will hide directly on the other side of their bunker till they come out shooting one side, then move in on the other for the one shot kill!

Keep in mind that refs can easily give away your position too!

Will Wood
03-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Win :D

No.. Well it depends..
If you are starting as a one on one...
or
In the heat of a game, and only one person left on each side..

On the break...Fire and run towards the 50. Chances are, neither one of your shots are going to connect to each other till you find your place in a bunker and start from there. If he heads for the closest bunkers, just pound that. Hopefully, he will stay down even though you're probably not gonna hit him running... from there:

In the middle of a game..
Don't loose site of him! If you loose which bunker he is hiding behind (.. If he is indeed behind one, but if he's out in the open, he's toast!) Luck plays a good portion. All the usual stuff.. if they are running.. Aim in a spot in front of him.. blah blah.. you should know all that. But serriously.. Just imagine there are 4 other guys on your team, all doing their thing with the other 4 guys on the other side. Just play normally. Granted, no cover fire is going to be given here, but the same for him. Just hit tag him :D

Micromag man!
03-24-2003, 12:34 PM
ok, heres what i do

i run to the nearest left tape bunker, and cover his bunker with many paintballs. while he is cowaring behind bunker b/c of hardcore firepower, run to other tape , if he doesnt see you, he will assume you are still on the other tape exposing himself to where you really are, you will have an angle at his side/back then shoot his @$$!!! and make sure its the @$$ b/c its just funny:D

IcantBelieveit
03-24-2003, 01:08 PM
NO KEVIN I KNOW I WILL ENTER THE TOPGUN TOURNEY IN MAY! LOL...I KNOW YOUR TACTICS AND YOU WILL GO DOWN!!! MUAHAHAH

thecavemankevin
03-24-2003, 04:07 PM
BRING IT!

03-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Pay attention to which side of bunker he is shooting out of. Allows you to bunker him easy if u know his blind spots on the field.