PDA

View Full Version : My reg started to unscrew from me preset....

Automaggin2
03-24-2003, 03:23 PM
i was unscrewing my tank from my drop and i wanst paying attention, then i look down and my tank was off of the reg.....is this bad?

Cliffio
03-24-2003, 03:37 PM
yeah, its not good

just put some red lock-tite on it and leave it for a while, it shouldnt come off again

Cliff

Thordic
03-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Uhm, don't listen to Cliffio.

Unless you have a torque wrench and the specifications for now many ft. lbs. you need, bring it to an airsmith to get re-attached. Anything else could be potentially hazardous.

Cliffio
03-24-2003, 03:47 PM
they just put red locktite on mine when they serviced it, i saw em do it

hitech
03-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Have someone who KNOWS what they are doing reinstall it. An HPA tank is nothing to mess around with. Here is a quote from Hydrotesters.com:

We find the majority of cylinders that fail tend to fail the Visual Inspection Process part of the process from excessive thread damage. Common use of too much torque, incorrect installation/removal procedures, improper threadlocker (LocTite) use, and other factors can damage the threads beyond repair and result in the cylinder being condemned. By working closely with manufacturers, Hydrotesters.com makes every effort to minimize damage during the re-qualification process. Other re-testers may not take the same care we do during re-qualification. Furthermore, other re-testers may not perform the same tests to the same level of excellence as Hydrotesters.com does.

Thordic
03-26-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
they just put red locktite on mine when they serviced it, i saw em do it

Then they did it wrong.

You shouldn't use red loctite as it can damage the threads. Also, you need to apply a fairly precise amount of torque to the fitting to it seals properly.

fire1811
03-26-2003, 03:51 PM
bah you guys worry to much its only 4500psi :rolleyes: