PDA

View Full Version : Support our troops

MINIMAG4LIFE
03-25-2003, 05:43 AM
Recently a dear friend of mine was deployed to Kuwait. Before he enlisted, We both played paintball at least twice a month for at least 5 years. Since his millitary service, he hasnt had many chances to play paintball. Yet every time I speak to him on the phone, he constantly talks about paintball. You could say he eats, sleeps, and breathes paintball. As I'm sure many of you do. Did I mention he is a die hard Minimag shooter. To make this short, in his last letter he asked that I send him something to remind him of home. I got to thinking, and realized a small agd banner would be perfect. You know, something he could hang in his tent. I looked on agds' online store and did not see anything like this for sale. If AGD could help me out with this, I would gladly aprecciate it. Help me bring a little bit of home to one of our soldiers over seas.

edweird
03-25-2003, 05:49 AM
Depending on his job, me might be on the move and unable to get a mailcall... however I highly support sending love to our ppls deployed everywhere... god knows how much I loved getting something other than bills in the mail during my year in korea.

wingnut_30
03-25-2003, 07:46 PM
USAF here,

Just wanted to say that it's good to see people who support our troops. Last night I was watching the news and a pilot was asked "What makes you different than an Iraqi soldier?"
Hes answer awed me...
He said, "The difference between me and and Iraqi soldier, is that I am willing to die for that soldiers freedom!" That hit home!

Amen and pass the hat!!

WARPED1
03-25-2003, 07:48 PM
I support our troops! I'd be there if I wasn't a diabetic, I would have enlisted a long time ago.:)

gibby
03-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Nice banner!! I hope you don't mind me using it. I hope all who goes to serve our country returns back home safely.

Xerces
03-25-2003, 09:06 PM
get him one of the posters that are in teh store. i imagine that might be a bit easier for him to manage than a banner.

graycie
03-25-2003, 09:58 PM
MINIMAG4LIFE

waht do you think about getting the AO'ers to contribute to a care package to send to your friend and his fellow troops, or just troops in general.

got to make sure of the security issues first though with sending a package to the troops

WARPED1
03-25-2003, 09:59 PM
I'm all for that!

GT
03-25-2003, 10:47 PM
umm how do we add the banner?

jb

Riotz
03-26-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Nice banner!! I hope you don't mind me using it. I hope all who goes to serve our country returns back home safely. I don't mind if you use it, feel free.

I just hope people support the troops and the country even after the war in Iraq is over.

Scooter/Cootie
03-26-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MINIMAG4LIFE
To make this short, in his last letter he asked that I send him something to remind him of home. I got to thinking, and realized a small agd banner would be perfect. You know, something he could hang in his tent. I looked on agds' online store and did not see anything like this for sale. If AGD could help me out with this, I would gladly aprecciate it. Help me bring a little bit of home to one of our soldiers over seas.

I'll always support our troops, their bravery knows no bounds.

What about the request for a banner? Can anyone help out with that?

Riotz
03-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Maybe AGD has a banner they can send him?

Rebel46_99
03-26-2003, 04:33 PM
USAF here, too......

One thing about sending a Care package is that it must be sent to a specific person. US and military mail will not accept general donations.

Liquid Plummer
03-26-2003, 04:50 PM
He will eventually get the package. Many of my co-workers are over there (I would be too but I went on a deployment with our other airframe and missed the activation order for the A-10's) and they appreciate any tid-bits from home. No matter how long it takes to get there. I know the BX at Al Jaber used to carry APG for a while, so one of the other magazines could be a nice addition to the AGD banner. I have a copy of Xtreme Paintbrawl 4 I am willing to add to the box if he has a laptop at his disposal in his off time. A copy of In Your Face (the movie) could be a cool addition too.

postitnote
03-26-2003, 08:19 PM
My brother is being deployed next week probably and he is really excited to go (I guess sitting around and waiting for two months isn't as fun as it sounds). :p Anyway, I'm glad you guys are talking about doing something for the troops. A co-worker and I are talking about sending her beanie babies to troops with yellow ribbons tied around them. Anyway, let us know what you end up doing for your friend. :)

GrassNinja
03-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Hey guys,

I am in an Air Force Special Ops unit.

It really is cool to see all of you showing your support and wanting to do somethin for all of those serving around the world. I was lookin forward to a place in the desert, but I have to stay where I am and babysit Korea. Bummer, let me tell ya. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you, and if you need any info on shipping to military personnel please feel free to ask, I have been recieving mail from overseas to my home here for a little over two years. I'll do whatever I can to help you all out.

GrassNinja

datapimp69
03-27-2003, 02:34 AM
a local radio station here, was setting up a event to gather "care packegs" for the troops.

they were working with a local air force base.

they were told on tuesday that the pentagon said "NO"..

they said that they were not execpting any care packagesm just in case some one tryed to send something like anthrax in them.

so i dont know if you can send them something.

what you can do is goto operation uplink (http://www.operationuplink.net/)

and help pay for phone cards for the troops to use to call home.

i know this is making it to the troops.

and on that note. dont you think its funney that they are over there ready to die for our country and the gov wont pay for long distance :)

wingnut_30
03-28-2003, 05:35 PM
What do you guys think about someone getting together a donation on paypal and purchacing space in APG, PB2Xtremes, P8int, and other Paintball Mags for a tribute for all of our paintball players and military members serving overseas. If I get enough response I will head this up!!

let me know!!

Dan

WARPED1
03-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Pretty cool idea!

postitnote
03-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by datapimp69
what you can do is goto operation uplink (http://www.operationuplink.net/)

If you want to order one for your family overseas it takes 4-6 weeks before they mail it and then another insanely long time before the troops actually receive it. :p

Originally posted by wingnut_30
What do you guys think about someone getting together a donation on paypal and purchacing space in APG, PB2Xtremes, P8int, and other Paintball Mags for a tribute for all of our paintball players and military members serving overseas. If I get enough response I will head this up!!

That's an awesome idea! :)

Liquid Plummer
03-28-2003, 10:49 PM
You name the location for the donation, and I'll send what I can. I would HOPE that the mags would kinda reduce the cost for a tribute, but then again, you never know.

wingnut_30
03-28-2003, 11:17 PM
OK folks... I'll check into it first thing tomorrow