PDA

View Full Version : AO DAY SC in April PB2X

cphilip
03-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Well I finaly got my copy thanks to Kevmaster (Kevin Cullen)! He graciously sent me one.

Real nice write up of the event in there that he wrote but did not get credit for and I want to make sure everyone knows who wrote it. Kevmaster did. Our own Kevin Cullen.

Lots of good stuff in there about the day. I am sure you will enjoy it. One thing I want to metion is that Rob Long (ezrunner) actually did some of the last minute running around that was atributed to me in there and don't want him to want to shoot me by not mentioning that. ;) He located the Airball field from Tom Blevins and got the medals straight for me. I was realy busy with all the other stuff that had to be done at the last minute. Too much to mention but thanks Rob for that. There are a multitude of things that have to be coordinated right down to the Dinner menu and things are always changing at all the time. Even down to making sure Tom has his Diet Pepsi! I did however end up buying the Beer though! :D

Good article. So make sure you pick up a copy and see what AO days are all about. We had a final count of 121 between the field and Dinner party. Lots of family members among them.

The article is on page 140 and is Titled "The Uncommon Attitude". It's the April edition of "Paintball 2Xtremes".

Good stuff!!!

We sure are getting some good press this month huh? :)

We are repeating this in November of this year. Bigger and better as a matter of fact we expect 200 at least this year.

Muzikman
03-25-2003, 12:42 PM
Hmm...I think I need a copy of this rag. Now I have to find a proShop in my area which is easier said than done these days.

cphilip
03-25-2003, 01:24 PM
I was just at Walmart and saw some March editions in there but no April yet. Try there.

Kevmaster
03-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Muz, lmk if you cant get one. I have one or two left....

ezrunner
03-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the credit phil :)

The real thanks should go to Tom Blevins from Regulator's Outpost in Dalton Georgia and TheAngelGuy.com.

These guys put Tom's Field in Bob's Truck and headed full steam this way. They did it for free and you know that means their field was without a sup air field if it was even open.

Thank Regulators & TAG!

http://www.regulatorsoutpost.com
http://www.theangelguy.com

-rob

yeahthatsme
03-25-2003, 04:55 PM
i'm still waiting for my subscritpion to pb2x to start..... talked to josh about it, should get here soon i hope...till then i guess i'll just have to rely on barnes and noble...

cphilip
03-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Awwww give it up I never got mine either! Barnes and Noble is good! :(

Army
03-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Who's this David and Sarah "Medzyle"? I didn't get to meet them there:)

Load SM5
03-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Army
Who's this David and Sarah "Medzyle"? I didn't get to meet them there:)

Maybe they got held up at the airport for a few hours.:D

boomerfoxtrot
03-25-2003, 07:59 PM
Load . they even have something in there about you shooting Tom!!!! =]

Trench and myself are in it too... =] "getting bunkered" ... *cough*

Kevmaster
03-25-2003, 08:52 PM
im harsh but true

Army, I hope I didnt misspell your name :confused: :confused: :(

cphilip
03-25-2003, 08:55 PM
You must admit thats pretty darn close though Army! I mean I am sure its been butchered worse. And perhaps thats how you felt by the time you made it? :D

Also Tom and Jon got stranded at the Airport leaving because of Bad Storms out in the Middle Mississippi Valley and then came down with some kind of Virus as they got back I am sure the New Joisey boys musta brought down... ;)

And Boomer and gang is all in there too. :p

Great times in spite of all that I guess.

cphilip
03-25-2003, 08:58 PM
(psst... blame it on the editors Kev!)

Kevmaster
03-25-2003, 09:44 PM
oh, yeh, right.

Durn Josh. He messes up everyting. Its all his fault. I spelled it properly...just dont ask me to do it now...and he and his crew messed it up :D :D

Army
03-26-2003, 10:30 AM
S'okay:)

You are not the first to get it wrong...I mean, uh, Josh isn't the first... At least it looks like a real name, sometimes it gets so butchered that I'm not sure if it's really me that they mean:D

Wc Keep
03-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

and then came down with some kind of Virus as they got back I am sure the New Joisey boys musta brought down... ;)

i dont know what you are talking about i was fine the whole weekend. even though govnamac and riotz started feeling ill and i wasnt too great monday morning.....

hitech
03-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Army
At least it looks like a real name, sometimes it gets so butchered that I'm not sure if it's really me that they mean.

I don't want to hear it. My name is almost NEVER correct. Try haveing De La Briandais for a last name. You get use to answering to your first name! ;)

I do like having a unique name though...

cphilip
03-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep

i dont know what you are talking about i was fine the whole weekend. even though govnamac and riotz started feeling ill and i wasnt too great monday morning.....

Just bustin your chops guys... :D :eek: :cool:

Wc Keep
03-26-2003, 04:45 PM
i know phil. how do you think it must have felt like hearing," pass the tissues please."

Brazen
03-27-2003, 09:59 AM
I just found this April issue at Barnes and Noble last night! What a great article... really well written Kev, and the accompanying pictures are great too.

Everything was just as described... the whole day and night were awesome. Phillip, we can't wait for the next one in November. :D Our Charleston crew is growing, and we'll have more than 6 coming this next time around. :cool: