PDA

View Full Version : FPS issues w/automag

G F K
03-25-2003, 04:32 PM
ok..ppl, I may need help, My gun shoots really inconsistently, like anywere from 15-40 fps diff. I have HPA, and have just rebuilt my valve according to the video, I know I put it back together correctly but maybe one of my parts is going bad IE, the power tube, or the sear or on/off, I don't know give me some feed back.

could it be a really bad paint/ barrel match? the paint I was using was crappy to say the least (all i could use at the last minute). maybe I should try some good paint next time I crono, and if the same thing happens I will update this thread.

la690
03-25-2003, 06:57 PM
clean the reg seat o-ring or replace it if neccesary.

Jaymz
03-25-2003, 06:59 PM
also make sure its in the right way ;)

athomas
03-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Bad paint could cause a major fluctuation like that, especially if it has inconsistent sizes which causes mismatch with the barrel.

G F K
03-25-2003, 09:15 PM
this is a stupid question but were is there (reg) seat o-ring? in the on/off assembly, or power tube, or were?

athomas
03-26-2003, 01:31 AM
On the standard AIR valve, the reg seat o-ring is the thick flat o-ring you see in the middle when you unscrew the two halves of the valve.

Pullman
03-26-2003, 09:12 AM
How bad was this paint? If you cleaned and oiled your valve and replaced all your O-rings and reg seat thingy then you should be fine on that end. I have noticed that bad paint makes a huge difference. My buddy and I generally use Nelson Anarchy cause it's an almost perfect fit to our stock RT Pro barrels. It's also fairly uniform paint so we get like +/- 3 FPS with screw on tanks. If we have to use Diablo (shudder) Blaze or Midnight we get a lot more variation.

Jaymz
03-26-2003, 10:48 AM
This is the regulator seat: http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=49&CATID=6

One side is slightly thicker, very hard to see. Stick it in the valve (the rear part once unscrewed) and if it falls out then try it the other way. Or stick it in whatever way seems to be tighter. Thats what I relied on and then one day snap I was able to just look and see which end was thicker so yea lol