PDA

View Full Version : Newbie E-Mag(s) dilema!

Recon by Fire
03-25-2003, 09:23 PM
This is my first post here and I do not own a mag...that is my whole problem. I have decided to switch to an automag and had my eyes on the electronic mags. I am considering the E-Mag, X-Mag, and ProTeam Micro E-Mag. I could use some good honest recommendations!

My choices so far rank as: 1) X-Mag 2) Micro E-Mag 3) E-Mag. I intend to have a LVL 10, Warp Feed, and Halo B regardless of which choice. Those I will buy along with the marker, I already have a full Freak kit and Max-Flow 68/4500 that I will use with my choice.

The X-Mag would be an easy choice but I am concerned about the US price, I have not seen a US price but have been told over $1200 and several months on a waiting list. If anyone knows where I can find better prices and times, please let me know.

Thanks for any help :)

ChucktheMAGician
03-25-2003, 09:43 PM
If you want something new and quick you'll have to get an emag. As you mentioned there is a wait on new x's and micro's are no longer being made. I have an emag and really like it. I would rec. a no-rise bodied emag. Welcome to AO, and enjoy the ride! :)

Miscue
03-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Yup, norise ULE EMag is good, XMag is best if you can get one.

armyboot
03-26-2003, 12:21 AM
E-mags now come with xvalves. So the difference between them and an X-mag aren't too much.

Unless you need cocker threading, I'd just get an emag.

Recon by Fire
03-26-2003, 09:13 AM
What about Micro E-Mags do they also have the X-valves in them? What about the LVL 10 bolts, are those now in E-Mags/Micro E-Mags as well? And is it possible to get the anti-chop board put into either of those?

Is the Halo B fast enough for the mags or do I really need the warp feed also?

Dayspring
03-26-2003, 10:41 AM
1) Halo B is perfectly fast enough.
2) No. You cannot put an ACE in a regular Emag/Micro-Emag
3) I don't believe that the Micro-E's are coming with the X-Valve or Level 10. I know that AGD is selling the Emags with the X-Valve now, so you get the level 10 included.

askman
03-26-2003, 06:33 PM
you are going to warp it anyway, so go with emag with either a warp feed or powerfeed that will fit the direction of your warp.(they have long plug for it, mine is set up that way) newer emag comes with xvalve+lx bolt as well.

I have both micro emag with xvalve/lx and emag with lx, and like them both. chopping is not a problem, so ace is not really needed anyway...

Recon by Fire
03-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Well, I have pretty much decided to get an X-Mag. I am submitting my order next month along with a friend.

Quackman71
03-26-2003, 08:39 PM
I wish i had the money to place an order.

askman
03-26-2003, 11:10 PM
while I would love an xmag, I have two digit serial emag which I would hate to give up. (I would have to sell both of my emag to buy xmag) I am happy enough with what I got. ;)

Recon by Fire
03-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Does anybody make aftermarket grips that will fit the X-Mags?