PDA

View Full Version : anyone play paintball with a camelbak?

Sir Chopsalot
03-25-2003, 09:53 PM
i saw a guy wearing one of these when i was at a field and i was thinking about wearing mine when im playing at my friends but i wanted to know if they could take a hit or not.

-=Squid=-
03-25-2003, 10:05 PM
Whats a camelbak?

krafty
03-25-2003, 10:11 PM
Sure, they can take hits. I don't know how useful (or legal) they would be in regular play, though. If you think about it, it would be very easy to cheat with these, using the water to wash paint away.

That being said, I HAVE seen lots of people who use them in big games or scenerio games. When you're going to be on a field for an extended period of time, they can be very helpful - especially on hot days. ;)

cheetah256
03-25-2003, 10:33 PM
i'm fairly sure they can. i've used mine a couple times in big games, but i've never taken a shot to the back. i saw some other people take them, and the paint mainly bounced.

Python14
03-25-2003, 10:38 PM
I love mine. I wear it anytime I play. what size do you have?

Sir Chopsalot
03-25-2003, 10:49 PM
ive got a 50 oz one i think. what size do you have?

cheetah256
03-25-2003, 10:52 PM
i run a 70 oz? rogue...

pbzmag
03-25-2003, 11:09 PM
I use mine during the summer months. They sould be tough enough to take paintball hits.

RoadDawg
03-26-2003, 12:38 AM
I've thought of doing this but I'm to cheap to go buy one. So I just buy a big bottle of Arrowhead water and keep it in a cooler and take it to the fields.

Quiet
03-26-2003, 12:58 AM
They work great, hits don't bother them and you can drink without having to remove your mask. THAT is a big bonus.

Vex
03-26-2003, 07:38 AM
I've used mine quite a few times. They come in handy for those times when you're gogged and the paint goes into your mouth...God, that's the most disgusting taste in the world!! Someone should invent flavored paint--then getting gogged wouldn't be so bad! Anyway, I wouldn't have purchased one on my own, but now I've got four of them thanks to the Air Force. It seems like every time we deploy, they give us one, or every summer, they give us one...

:D

Trench
03-26-2003, 07:49 AM
I have a scenerio coming up soon, I might think about that for the hot part of the day...

Thordic
03-26-2003, 08:29 AM
I've worn mine before when its REAL hot out.

Its small and light enough to not bother you that much, plus hits in your back don't hurt. It's held up fine to hits, you don't have to worry about it breaking.

beam
03-26-2003, 09:55 AM
Hydrate or die. :D

dre1919
03-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Actually, Tack does. He wore one during the AO Missouri meet. I would suggest asking him if you have questions on it.

edweird
03-26-2003, 10:39 AM
I get issued camelbaks at work as I basicly work on the surface of the sun or its earth equlivant.

ive worn it playing before out here in AZ and its very nice thing to have

sneakyhacker420
03-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by phazeshifter
I've used mine quite a few times. They come in handy for those times when you're gogged and the paint goes into your mouth...God, that's the most disgusting taste in the world!! Someone should invent flavored paint--then getting gogged wouldn't be so bad! Anyway, I wouldn't have purchased one on my own, but now I've got four of them thanks to the Air Force. It seems like every time we deploy, they give us one, or every summer, they give us one...

:D
in the matter of fact, i recently found a good-tasting paintball

the new PMI/RPS Scherer Mercury

its a REALLY brittle shell, will break from a 1ft drop, and the fill is as thick as toothpaste, and it dries to a powder instead of an oily mess... did i mention that it tastes like bubble gum toothpaste/mouthwash?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-26-2003, 09:04 PM
We bring those to dday

its my lifesavor.

Statik7
03-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

in the matter of fact, i recently found a good-tasting paintball

the new PMI/RPS Scherer Mercury

its a REALLY brittle shell, will break from a 1ft drop, and the fill is as thick as toothpaste, and it dries to a powder instead of an oily mess... did i mention that it tastes like bubble gum toothpaste/mouthwash?
hahah lol
"i gotta...sample my paint..prior to use." *tosses a few pb's into mouth* "yeah that hit the spot!"

FalconGuy016
03-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Ive seen a few. They have a VERY low profile, I wouldnt worry too much about getting hit, but I wouldnt use it for speedball. I would just have water in bottles then :) but for long, hot rec ball days it might be a good idea. And it alllways stays cold :)