PDA

View Full Version : Valve and body gap/barrel leak

Deacon
03-26-2003, 10:19 AM
I just acquired another used automag. I know a fair amount about mags, but this one has me stumped. The valve and body have about a 1/16 inch gap. The valve actually seems loose in the frame. The hole for the field strip screw seems way too big for the screw. It is a standard filed strip screw. Because of this, I have a leak down the barrel. If I put pressure on the back of the gun and hold the valve in so there is no gap, the leak stops. I put in the shortest power tube spacer that is in the kit and this helped the leak. However there is still a slight leak if i put pressure on the trigger. Any Ideas?

athomas
03-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Change the sear. If the sear is worn, it won't hold the bolt back far enough and you will get leaking down the barrel.

cgrieves
03-26-2003, 12:08 PM
You may have lost the little metal tube insert that goes in the field strip screw hole in the rail (and locates the rail on the trigger frame). One of my rails has that problem, just find or fabricate a new tube and superglue it in.

Thinking out loud here but the previous owner might have given you an original RT body rail?? They have larger field strip holes and fit a different size body.

Deacon
03-26-2003, 01:18 PM
DOOOHH!!!
After I posted the question, I realized that there is no Rail Bushing in the marker. Sometimes the simple things are the hardest to find. Thanks for your help.

cgrieves
03-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Yes... Rail bushing, that's the term I was looking for :cool: