PDA

View Full Version : My Old School Mag Improvement Project!!

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm back...I'm going to be shooting a Mag again soon enough...but the problem ahead makes me feel like the AO equivalent of Bob Vila, so let's just call it "This Old Mag." Take a look at the marker below. It was used and abused as a rental at the local paintball field. She's going to be going through some changes and I'll do a Beginning and Ending post later on once I'm finished.

**I put a new picture without the feet, just for J&C**

JAM
03-26-2003, 11:31 AM
you just HAD to sneak in a pic of your feet huh? What, didn't want to take a pic of the gun in the bathroom?

;)

Shoudl be a fun project... kind of like rescuing a greyhound.

pito189
03-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JAM
Shoudl be a fun project... kind of like rescuing a greyhound.

LOL :p

Save it Dirty, save it. Nurse it back to gloriousness. :D

Mag Master 04
03-26-2003, 11:55 AM
heck yea dude...i wish i could build another mag but being a kid w no job and a crashed car sux biz-balls..I need a job TOM!!!:D

SaS
03-26-2003, 12:16 PM
I updated this 7year old mag of mine... didn't really need to be brought back to life... now it's my main mini

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Well..Bad_Knees and I had a talk..since pretty much the only part of the gun that is going to be saved is the sear pin and field strip screw we might as well just call this the Bionic (Mini)Mag...or the Six Million Dollar (Peso) Mag...

Tom Sparkman
03-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by JAM
... kind of like rescuing a greyhound.

I had a rescued Greyhound and they make wonderful pets. Greyhounds make a great couch dog. :) (Motto of the Greyhound pets of America, SoCal: "45mph couch potato"):

http://www.greyhoundpets.org/

Tom

SaS
03-26-2003, 01:32 PM
the only thing the same on my mini, is the sear, sear pin, field strip screw, rail, and valve... but the valve is shortly going to be replaced with a x-valve

WARPED1
03-26-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm currently building up the Micro mag I bought. Doesn't need "rescuing", just some cool stuff!.
I think an LX should be everyones first upgrade.
Good luck on it DB!

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Yes..and old mag is just like a greyhound..it needs love...and caring...and just like a greyhound it really doesn't need any upgrades..hahahahhhaha

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 02:43 PM
why spend your money on LX when you can just get that along with an X-Valve..

PzYcO
03-26-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
why spend your money on LX when you can just get that along with an X-Valve..

so you can use it until xvalve, then sell the LX and trade in your old valve for an xvalve? :) thats what i did anyway

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 04:47 PM
She'll look a lot different when I'm finished..and she'll shoot like a dream..that's all that matters..

SaS
03-26-2003, 05:09 PM
keep us posted dirtybunny, i would really like to see how it turns out
kind of itneresting though, my mini upgrade is essentially just building a whole new mag... while being able to use it while waiting on the next upgrade

wimag
03-26-2003, 06:49 PM
well you got more to work with than i do right now :D

muhahahaha

JT2002
03-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by wimag
well you got more to work with than i do right now :D

muhahahaha
hmm, i say thats got to be the best looking mag ive ever seen! even BETTER than the xmag, i take it in a heart beat
you sure wont be chopping any balls with that setup!:D

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 07:50 PM
that's ok..everything is on order..I'll be good to go..

DiRTyBuNNy
04-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Well..it's a week later and here's the update. Just got in the mail today:

X-Valve
Polished H/R MiniMag body (w/ Pump Slot! Yeah!)

and picked up at PanAm LA this past weekend:
14" CP 1-piece barrel
KaliburTech DuraSleeve to keep the Flatline Nice and Pretty

I'm anticipating a full run of stuff by this weekend so I should have the finishing pics by then. I am working on a little sister for this gun..another mag improvement project..but I'm going to put a "Y-grip" on the next one so I won't be in any hurry..here's an update pic

(and for those wondering about the Stainless hose going nowhere..that's because I can't get the darn thing unscrewed from the vertical adapter..but it's getting replaced anyways because the vertical screw the goes through the rail is almost stripped out..so oh well)

DiRTyBuNNy
04-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Well..here's an updated picture. Now I've added these parts I've gotten from RogueFactor:

Intelliframe
New Rail
New AGD Bike Tread Gas Thru Grip

Next up is a Blue ULE frame. Woot Woot!!

WARPED1
04-10-2003, 11:20 PM
It shoot good yet?

minimag187
04-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Very nice, BTW ive seen that stand quite a few times. hint hint;) j/k man, im thinking of either getting a new angel speed, a black magic, or one of those basically as my next setup.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-11-2003, 12:20 AM
well..it didn't shoot too bad this past weekend..I was having LX issues but i guess I won't be able to find out till next week if I was right. I've sold that Mini body and I've got my ULE coming in on Monday..so I'll be ready for next weekend..

MrMag
04-11-2003, 12:51 AM
you have too much money on you hands db, if ya want you can lend me some :D

EsPo
04-11-2003, 05:52 AM
trade for an imp? :)

JEDI
04-11-2003, 08:11 AM
Can I ask a stupid question? Why do people find an old mag, and part by part replace everything. Then call it a Mag project. Dont take this as offensive or what ever, but why bother with the old Mag base? Whay not just say. "look I'm building a Mag with all new parts." The last picture you posted isn't the same gun as the first pic. In fact, unless you sold the old parts, you probably have parts for two mags. I can understand if this "new" gun kept the same old valve. I just dont understand the idea that you've tweeked an old gun. You basically just slowly bought a new gun. :)

DiRTyBuNNy
04-11-2003, 10:13 AM
...and people thought I was rude and a jerk...

Skoad
04-11-2003, 10:53 AM
he called it the "old school mag improvement project"

i'd say he improved an old school mag.....so the problem is?:confused:

oh yea and bunny, do you have any idea who makes that foregrip? i have the same one except i have a wierd color of the rubber grip, i was hoping to find out if i could just buy replacement grip somewheres...

xadamx
04-11-2003, 11:05 AM
that thing is DARNED sexy looking. one question though: whyd you switch from an evoII to an revvy!?!? pure crazyness if you ask me :D

JEDI
04-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
...and people thought I was rude and a jerk...
Well yeah, you are rude and a jerk. I even went as far as saying I wasnt flaming you. I was just trying to understand what you were doing? I'm just making an observation. Didnt you basically start out with one gun, and replace everything on it? Wouldnt it have been better to just buy Mag peices one by one. If you have a wooden boat, and you replace each board one by one, when your done, is it still the original boat? Jeez, I was just adding some conversation to your thread. I appologize for not OOOOing and AHHHHing your Mag.

When Vila Finishes a house renovation, there are still several aspects of the old house that remained intact. I'm an architect, theres a difference between Renovation, and Tear-Down Rebuild. I can improve on an old school Tippmann, by selling it and Buying a Mag. Does that mean I still have a tippmann?

Skoad
04-11-2003, 12:03 PM
I can improve on an old school Tippmann, by selling it and Buying a Mag. Does that mean I still have a tippmann?

no because you have a mag now

he had a mag, and he still has a mag ;)

boggerman
04-11-2003, 12:53 PM
I had the question as Jedi, and I did not have any rudeness in mind when I was wondering about it, just curiousity. With the possible exception of the sear and the vert. adapter, is the anything left of the original mag?

wyn1370
04-11-2003, 01:13 PM
the rail and some screws. I'm gonna have to go with Jedi on this. I did the same thing with my first mag. Eventually I put all the original parts back together and had one built completely from upgrades.

boggerman
04-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Nope, the picture with the revvy on top said new rail. So some screws, maybe a sear and the vert adapter.
//slaps self// X-valve comes with a new sear, so we are down to screws and a CA. Again, please do not read any rudeness into this as there is none intended.

JEDI
04-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Yeah man, I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just asking a question, or maybe just pointing something out. Dont be so quick to go "Shartley" on me.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-11-2003, 06:16 PM
because it's fun..that's why I do it...

wimag
04-11-2003, 06:58 PM
bought time you got yours done :D
heres mine.