PDA

View Full Version : Happy new X-Valve owner

vdo_game_junkie
03-26-2003, 01:33 PM
First of all i was reluctant to buy the x-valve since I don't normally use a lot of paint anyway. But with all the hype I just gave in. Well I rec'd my new x-valve last Friday but because of prior engagements (and no air), I wasn't able to install it until last night. Boy I tell you, I felt like a kid that could wait for xmas. Anyways, being a technical person I read over the instructions on the enclosed CD (great idea by the way) at least twice. When i finally installed it, no leaks but it didn't gas up until I cranked it up a bit. So far no problem. It's like 9 pm already (I get home from work late) Buffy just ended and Smallville was a repeat so I decided lets try this out in the garage using a trash can. Well bad idea, one missed shot and several paper towels later, I decided to take it outside. I figure one hopper full wouldn't hurt right? Well I ended up filling the hopper 3 more times. I would've kept on going but the wife figured out what i was doing and "ordered" me back inside.

First impression - THIS THING ROCKS! It was like night and day compared to my minimag valve. I have a single trigger and my ROF isn't that high anyway. I heard some imply that you can't cycle the trigger that fast to notice the difference when upgrading to an x-valve, NOT! And to boot not a single ball break. I am truly impressed. I think my spyder will be taking the back burner for a long time.

Enough typing, here is a pic of my minimag, not the prettiest but I like it! :)
http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/vdo_game_junkie/minimag1.jpg

shartley
03-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Glad you are enjoying it so much.

Oh.... and I LOVE the grips. ;)

NiteWolf1138
03-26-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by shartley
... Oh.... and I LOVE the grips. ;)...

Hehe, looks like the same grips I have on a frame I'm not using any more.

])arKNe$$
03-26-2003, 02:13 PM
thats an eggolution 1 on that thing hows it work for you ive got one lying around somewhere it always jams thou

PzYcO
03-26-2003, 02:51 PM
thats gotta be the ghettost mag ive ever seen :)

Scooter/Cootie
03-26-2003, 03:26 PM
Nice setup there. Very tight and compact. Good job! :)

TheJester
03-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Anyways, being a technical person I read over the instructions on the enclosed CD (great idea by the way) at least twice.

yours came w/ a CD????? mine never did

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm sure it would feel totally different if you slapped an Intelliframe on that bad boy..

vdo_game_junkie
03-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Yup that is an eggo 1. I don't shoot a lot of paint, run a lot but not shoot a lot so its been pretty good to me. No jamming whatsoever (knock on wood). Last night was probably the fastest I've shot or tried to shoot and it still didn't jam. The only problem is the battery compartment always opens that's why its taped up. There's nothing like running up on someone to find that you dropped your batteries at the last bunker! And on this eggo no batteries, no balls, just whats left in the feed neck.

Ghetto? you should have seen it when it was multi-coloured! I had another drop on there but I like the length of the NW making it really compact. I also had to remove my gas thru cause it was too long and scavenged that expansion chamber from my spyder. :D

FalconGuy016
03-26-2003, 04:36 PM
I really like your drop/air setup for some reason :)

Xerces
03-26-2003, 04:41 PM
the wood grips were always my favorite. never a fan of the .45 ones the made. nice setup.