PDA

View Full Version : Retro and standard valve On/Off probs??? HEEEELP!!

fenris69
03-26-2003, 04:35 PM
Hi, I lent my retro valve to a buddy and while he had it his body broke(PIM? on the bottom) away from the rail...the on/off when I look at it...the brass around the hole is stretched slightly into an ovular shape and the bottom of the pin is in rough shape, but just the flat portion the damage doesnt extend up the pin. now when I gas it up it doesn't seem to mind too much if I dont hold down the trigger...but im still hearing a slight leak from someplace. when I attempt to fire the thing it goes nuts, stutters etc... it sounds like the on/off isn't sealing properly then bouncing back out, but I was wondering if adjusting the trigger rod any would help or is this a tolerance issue I need to replace parts for? When I slap his standard valve back in the new body it has short stroking probs too if i dont get off the trigger REAL quick, and when you hold down the trigger it stutters at you... ideas? I've been magless for a year or so now so im rusty , thx in advance.

cgrieves
03-26-2003, 04:40 PM
If the on/off valve is damaged and the gun malfunctions then I'd have to say the obvious thing is replace all the on/off components.

Also check the power tube to make sure it hasn't cracked.

fenris69
03-26-2003, 04:48 PM
the power tube is fine, and reason i asked actually is two part. first, the damage is just external to the face of the on/off bottom and the pin while scratched up doesnt appear to be any shorter or bent etc... and second the classic valve having similar probs when i hold down the trigger makes it sound like its not sealing the on/off properly...so maybe its not the valves??

fenris69
03-26-2003, 04:49 PM
oh, also odd is the fact the on/off for the retro just drops right out now, very loose... didnt think much of that tho.

fenris69
03-27-2003, 03:41 PM
ok, im a dumbass, classic valve is fine now was my mistake with an o-ring. i guess ill be replacing, er...no getting him to replace the on/off pin and bottom :P