PDA

View Full Version : Tom, Question Concerning X-Valve Trade in...

DiRTyBuNNy
03-26-2003, 06:33 PM
I just wanted to make this clear before I do the X-Valve trade in. As you can see in my other thread I acquired an Old Rental "Ghetto" standard mag. What i didn't realize (or didn't think twice about) was the fact that the front and the back half of the valve don't match. The back half of the valve is a "CFxxxxx" and the front half is an "FGxxxxxx." Am i still going to be able to send this valve in as a trade in or am i just SOL now?

PzYcO
03-26-2003, 07:13 PM
it will still be fine....you just need 2 halves, they dont have to match, ie, ANS 8-hole mod and such is still accepted, IIRC

hostage
03-26-2003, 07:27 PM
hrmm...good question, I wonder if they have to be in working order. I assume you also have to have the on/off and bolt with it
-Doron

FutureMagOwner
03-26-2003, 08:34 PM
i wouldnt see why not all they do is melt them down anyway

askman
03-26-2003, 11:17 PM
actually, you keep the bolt. (I traded on in) and in case of RT, you actually keep the on/off. I don't know why anyone would trade in a Retro valve though...

I've been happy with the trade in. ;) turned an ancient valve into xvalve.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2003, 12:59 AM
sweet...cool..well..it looks like I may be able to get an X-Valve as soon as this weekend..

del
03-27-2003, 01:33 AM
so from my understanding, you dont have to have a matching valve to trade it in for an xvalve. i know someone who is in that same situation and wanted to trade it in for a xvalve but did not know if he could though.

IcantBelieveit
03-27-2003, 07:53 AM
actually on agd if you read, it says they have to be matching halves.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2003, 11:01 AM
That's why I wanted to know if Tom would comment on my question..but as of yet I've heard nothing..

askman
03-27-2003, 12:14 PM
why don't you email office gal or just call them. I think they will be accomodating. they do make money even on a trade in, and I would think it will be silly not to make a few exception in case by case situation...

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2003, 01:02 PM
I work during the day..that's why i can't call...I put an email into TOm and i will be posting his response to my question..(if he doesn't just answer it in the thread)..

PzYcO
03-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by AGD-OfficeGal
You may keep your old bolt and bolt spring, but be sure to send us both
halves of the valve you are trading in. Remove all fittings/elbows as well,
as you will not get anything attached to your old valve back, including
aftermarket regulators. IMPORTANT: If you are turning in an Emag valve, KEEP
your Emag on/off assembly as you will need it.

Best,

Marcia Purse
Administrative Assistant
Airgun Designs

it doesnt say anywhere there that you need matching halves, you dont need the bolt either.. :)

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2003, 06:52 PM
actually..here's the answer:

1. The reverse option IS available.
2. RT Pros and Emags are being made with X Valves
3. We will take mismatched serial numbers for trade-ins. We will take an AGD Valve Body with an aftermarket regulator. We won't take a valve that has no AGD parts in it!

Marcia