PDA

View Full Version : Dremel Sand a Body???

etnie002
03-26-2003, 08:00 PM
I really wanna polish my mag body, but i have a broken hand and can't really do the hand-sanding method for 6 more weeks. And since im impatient and have a dremel, think it will work? Has anyone previously done it this way and got a nice finish and if they did, mind telling me how? thanks a lot!

ChucktheMAGician
03-26-2003, 08:13 PM
I think patience is the key here. I'd say no to the dremel, I've seen a thread where someone smarter than me answered this question already! This is a great thread for polishing info, http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43671 Hope that helps!

etnie002
03-26-2003, 08:26 PM
yeah seen that thread, thx tho. guess i gotta wait to get this d@mn cast off...

ChucktheMAGician
03-26-2003, 09:07 PM
You could find some way to stick the sandpaper to your cast and use your other hand to hold the body!:rolleyes: Good luck!

askman
03-26-2003, 11:22 PM
the other possible option is to use the polishing wheel. Since mag SS body has no flat surface, polishing wheel can be used, if used carefully. I also love using wire brush wheel as well. (fine wire brush wheel can put polish on SS)

of course, fine sandpaper is the best way, and it helps if you have a good vise with padded jaw...(lead sheets are great for padding)